The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread πŸ‘‘

nikolica

2 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

btw i hope in a spanish album in the near future...... imΒ italian so imΒ more near to the spanish culture and language than english..... and again madame x with all his spanglish was amazing.....

Actually I believe she had to build the Madame X persona to justify the Maluma collabs - and, of course, replenish her album to very food for thought songs as Dark Ballet and God Control to not make people believe she was being Evita once more appropriating herself from descamisados - but, apart from her land then (Portugal), Madame X got lost in the translation - losing almost in every place to Springsteen.

I believe the lacklustre reception GA had to Madame X and without the demo leakage to put the blame on, M finally got aware she needed to click again to people from streets - hence the new deal to Warner mostly focused on her catalogue treasure.

Β 

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Actually I believe she had to build the Madame X persona to justify the Maluma collabs - and, of course, replenish her album to very food for thought songs as Dark Ballet and God Control to not make people believe she was being Evita once more appropriating herself from descamisados - but, apart from her land then (Portugal), Madame X got lost in the translation - losing almost in every place to Springsteen.

I believe the lacklustre reception GA had to Madame X and without the demo leakage to put the blame on, M finally got aware she needed to click again to people from streets - hence the new deal to Warner mostly focused on her catalogue treasure.

love maluma in madame x album......

i think is the opposite...... a madame x album because was in portugal surrounded by latino culture and maluma arrive next.......

btw curious about her next era....... and happy she's back with warner....

Β 

9 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

Β 

love maluma in madame x album......

i think is the opposite...... a madame x album because was in portugal surrounded by latino culture and maluma arrive next.......

btw curious about her next era....... and happy she's back with warner....

Β 

No dear I ain't talking about recording process (I know Maluma came very late to the album), but about how to sell the album to the world without sounding a "colonizer" or a "hasbeen resorting on trends," but this would never be an easy task to her - the proof of that was crystal clear, she went damned from beginning to endΒ - much like she thought she could leave Interscope by front door but they didn't give the green light to such a project expecting she'd have the last laugh. So she went back to Warner - as the only way she could still do at that point.

No dear I ain't talking about recording process (I know Maluma came very late to the album), but about how to sell the album to the world without sounding a "colonizer" or a "hasbeen resorting on trends," but this would never be an easy task to her - the proof of that was crystal clear, she went damned from beginning to endΒ - much like she thought she could leave Interscope by front door but they didn't give the green light to such a project expecting she'd have the last laugh. So she went back to Warner - as the only way she could still do at that point.

all this shit with cultural appropriation is a big shit......

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

she thought she could leave Interscope by front door but they didn't give the green light to such a project expecting she'd have the last laugh. So she went back to Warner - as the only way she could still do at that point.

interscope was the worst thing ever....... they don't do nothing for her......

Unfortunately this agenda is not just a reality, but also a must from her core base. She's not Morgan Wallen to get a free pass from her consumers when saying the n-word - so she needs to walk to these steps.

well in totally againΒ the use of n word or f word..... but the cultural appropriation is the most stupid thing ever.....

But cultural appropriation is as an issue as telling offensive words - all is offensive at all.

i see it in a different way.......

a thing is to be offensive, another thing is make a mv with a kimono on, because you love that culture, and you wanna just have a part of the japanese culture in your mv and someone scream like an idiot: cultural appropriation!!!!

8 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

interscope was the worst thing ever....... they don't do nothing for her......

Interscope was strictly her distributor.Β  They had no obligation but that.Β  It was up to Madonna and her management team to sell the album.Β  Interscope came along simply because Live Nation didn't come through as a record distributor as they originally intended.

As for a Spanish album. I agree with you. It would be great and people would love it! "Culture appropriation" would not even factor in such an album. :)

Just now, McDonna said:

Interscope was strictly her distributor.Β  They had no obligation but that.Β  It was up to Madonna and her management team to sell the album.Β  Interscope came along simply because Live Nation didn't come through as a record distributor as they originally intended.

As for a Spanish album. I agree with you. It would be great and people would love it! "Culture appropriation" would not even factor in such an album. :)

if cultural a. was a thing europe would never exist

Just now, McDonna said:

She would never doΒ  full on spanish album, but I think Madame X comes close to that.Β  I think it's not impossible to think she can pull more spanish influenced tracks in the future.Β  :luv:

this is true..... madame x was her most spanish album...... so i only hope to have a 2nd part of madame x

@dave2290Β let's just say in my defense Interscope was exactly what McDonna described they were to M - a distributor; but a distributor has their ways to do their job - in such case, to distribute (and promote) an artist. Several ways different from each other, forΒ each artist. So...

I believe it's worth of mention that Jimmy Iovine, CEO of Interscope, simply gave a blank check to miss Germanotta to do what she wanted to ARTPOP era. Would he give the same treatment to an artist who made miss Germanotta - the shinier jewel from her label - look like a completeΒ asshole?? I stop saying anything now.

@dave2290Β let's just say in my defense Interscope was exactly what McDonna described they were to M - a distributor; but a distributor has their ways to do their job - in such case, to distribute (and promote) an artist. Several ways different from each other, from each artist. So...

I believe it's worth of mention that Jimmy Iovine, CEO of Interscope, simply gave a blank check to miss Germanotta to do what she wanted to ARTPOP era. Would he give the same treatment to an artist who made miss Germanotta - the shinier jewel from her label - look like a completeΒ asshole?? I stop saying anything now.

in only happy she's back with warner.....

6 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

in only happy she's back with warner.....

As mentioned Interscope had no obligation to promote.Β  Her deal with Interscope was strictly to distribute. It was up to her and her management to promote. The deal she had with Interscope wasn't the same as other artists signed to that label.Β 

I'm not sure she has a specific deal for new studio albums with Warner yet, but I suspect Warner would be the one distributing any newly studio album she wants to release.