The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread πŸ‘‘

nikolica

11 minutes ago, Adonna said:

But she does get a lot of guests.Β  She had Oprah not long ago.Β  I do find it funny how close she gets with her guests though.Β  This is just another reason why I would love to see Madonna on her show, to see how close she will get to her.Β  LOL!

I don’t think Madonna would be down to that.Β 

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

I don’t think Madonna would be down to that.Β 

Probably not, but I think Drew respects boundaries.Β  I've seen some guests where she isn't all up in their face.Β  In fact, she sorta gave Oprah her space.

I was re-reading Madonna’s Interview magazine interview from April 1984, and was reminded how she said her brothers would destroy her musical choices in her youth, notably mentioning Young Girl by Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, and Strawberry Alarm Clock β€˜s Incense & Peppermints…I thought about how much Love Won’t Wait follows in the Gary Puckett tradition and Incense & Peppermints is a precursor to Ray of Light and Beautiful Stranger. Madonna’s influences are present throughout her career in ways I don’t always recognize. In this way, I think her musical DNA is much more directive of her sound than she is given credit for…The William Orbit sound of the aforementioned tracks is actually more akin to her own adolescent tastes than I’d ever considered. I’m sure this might be a no brainer to some, but I’d never really considered her very eclectic sound in such a way before!
Β 

All this to say that given the more introspective/retrospective tone of Madonna’s public persona in recent years as she grows older and experiences the bittersweetness of love and loss, I have a feeling that Madonna’s new music will embrace her original musical influences more.Β 
Β 

I hope Madonna does not do Drew Barrymore. Firstly, she would undoubtedly demand that they be seated on separate couches, because the lack of spatial awareness and manic emotional energy that Drew seems possessed by is uncomfortable at best, and alarming at its worst. It’s grotesquely disingenuous to me, but maybe I didn’t get the kool aid when it was going around last.Β 

5 hours ago, Alibaba said:

I was re-reading Madonna’s Interview magazine interview from April 1984, and was reminded how she said her brothers would destroy her musical choices in her youth, notably mentioning Young Girl by Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, and Strawberry Alarm Clock β€˜s Incense & Peppermints…I thought about how much Love Won’t Wait follows in the Gary Puckett tradition and Incense & Peppermints is a precursor to Ray of Light and Beautiful Stranger. Madonna’s influences are present throughout her career in ways I don’t always recognize. In this way, I think her musical DNA is much more directive of her sound than she is given credit for…The William Orbit sound of the aforementioned tracks is actually more akin to her own adolescent tastes than I’d ever considered. I’m sure this might be a no brainer to some, but I’d never really considered her very eclectic sound in such a way before!
Β 

All this to say that given the more introspective/retrospective tone of Madonna’s public persona in recent years as she grows older and experiences the bittersweetness of love and loss, I have a feeling that Madonna’s new music will embrace her original musical influences more.Β 
Β 

I hope Madonna does not do Drew Barrymore. Firstly, she would undoubtedly demand that they be seated on separate couches, because the lack of spatial awareness and manic emotional energy that Drew seems possessed by is uncomfortable at best, and alarming at its worst. It’s grotesquely disingenuous to me, but maybe I didn’t get the kool aid when it was going around last.Β 

Honestly since I was a kid I've loved that Madonna's album eras got me into such different music too like Sly and the Family Stone, Abba, Bony M, Marvin Gaye, Bjorn, Massive Attack, William Orbit, Stu Price, Mirwais, Motown, Donna Summer, Gorgio Moroder, Diplo, Simon and Garfunkel, Bee Gees, Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, Blondie, Betty Davis, as well as the NYC/Detroit music scene inspirations like ....it warps my mind and influences meΒ 

Like each era really does draw in all the Influences I adore with each one ....Madonna has always been very punk and off the wall which is why I wish we saw more of that side of her in recent years Rebel Heart had lots of glimmers of it and even Madame X proved she had that inspiration too ....it guts me really that recent tears haven't shown how great and off the wall she is and I hope future albums will do should she wants toΒ 

32 minutes ago, Josh Pinder said:

Honestly since I was a kid I've loved that Madonna's album eras got me into such different music too like Sly and the Family Stone, Abba, Bony M, Marvin Gaye, Bjorn, Massive Attack, William Orbit, Stu Price, Mirwais, Motown, Donna Summer, Gorgio Moroder, Diplo, Simon and Garfunkel, Bee Gees, Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, Blondie, Betty Davis, as well as the NYC/Detroit music scene inspirations like ....it warps my mind and influences meΒ 

Like each era really does draw in all the Influences I adore with each one ....Madonna has always been very punk and off the wall which is why I wish we saw more of that side of her in recent years Rebel Heart had lots of glimmers of it and even Madame X proved she had that inspiration too ....it guts me really that recent tears haven't shown how great and off the wall she is and I hope future albums will do should she wants toΒ 

I'd love for her to do a rock album.Β  I know she scoffed at that idea not long ago, so it'll never happen, but I agree with you.Β  For me, I feel most of her albums are very different from the last.Β  I love how she switches it up.Β  And I'm a sucker for her ballads!!!Β  :luv: