Erotica was originally titled "Girlie Show"

20 hours ago, Celebration said:

So THAT'S the famous Girlie Show! :)

And I assume that Madonna took inspiration from this when she shot the Fever video. The hair and the cape... 

I think the goal was to have that hair style for the tour (at first). The entire promo shoot and tour book has the red hair with bangs. I think the problem was that Madonna's hair was falling out in chunks from all the back and forth dyeing. So, by the time they filmed the Rain video, they had already chopped off all of her hair.

The pixie cut, as much as I hate that kind of hair style, totally worked for the concert, though. I mean… an androgynous look for a tour called "The Girlie Show"? ICONIC!

18 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

I think the goal was to have that hair style for the tour (at first). The entire promo shoot and tour book has the red hair with bangs. I think the problem was that Madonna's hair was falling out in chunks from all the back and forth dyeing. So, by the time they filmed the Rain video, they had already chopped off all of her hair.

The pixie cut, as much as I hate that kind of hair style, totally worked for the concert, though. I mean… an androgynous look for a tour called "The Girlie Show"? ICONIC!

Your timeline is a bit off - Madonna commenced Girlie Show rehearsals with long red hair as seen here on June 18, 1993 - Rain was filmed in May 1993 with a black wig - she's on set without the wig in the second pic

It was when she attempted to go back to blonde during rehearsals circa July 1993 that her hair broke off and she had to do the cropped haircut 

266416972_4556927117729530_454503083900760399_n.jpg

Fy2sZd4aYAAC2JP.jpg

2 hours ago, BlondAmbition said:

In the first draft, wasn't Erotica called 'You thrill me'?

this could also be a list of songs to include in the 'Girlie Show' concert or residency

Exactly 👍 

I don’t think it’s related to the name of the album.