Do you think Madonna is a fan of Madonna (the artist)?

I'm trying to find the interview where Madonna talked about being tired of singing Like A Virgin... It must be exhausting to sing the same song over and over for years.

I don't think she's not a fan of the 'entity' Madonna. There must be some bureaucratic stuff required by labels to sell records; maybe that's why Cher isn't a fan of the entity Cher. 

5 hours ago, mad-ness said:

I'm trying to find the interview where Madonna talked about being tired of singing Like A Virgin... It must be exhausting to sing the same song over and over for years.

I don't think she's not a fan of the 'entity' Madonna. There must be some bureaucratic stuff required by labels to sell records; maybe that's why Cher isn't a fan of the entity Cher. 

I want to say in that special she did with Rupert Everett where she walked on her old NYC stomping grounds she said something along the lines of she'd rather die than sing Like A Virgin again.  

Personally, I think that Madonna should never have made those unfortunate statements (about hating singing her old classics) but I understand that she let herself be carried away by arrogance because she was at her best with the success of Ray of Light and Music and perhaps she thought that with the songs from these albums she would no longer need to sing her old past hits. Big mistake that she had to bitterly prove with the Drowned World Tour because the numerous complaints from the public towards her for not singing her old classics from the 80s caused her to have to sing them again on the Reinvention Tour, probably very much against her will.

It is not politically correct to deny the songs that helped you become the big star that you are. It's like erasing from the history of your life those people who at some point helped you grow as a person and as a human being. Perhaps Madonna's punishment for making these unfortunate statements is to sing these songs that she claims to hate for the rest of her life. Artists cannot go against the preferences of their audience, even if they go against their personal preferences. May she always keep that in mind.

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Personally, I think that Madonna should never have made those unfortunate statements (about hating singing her old classics) but I understand that she let herself be carried away by arrogance because she was at her best with the success of Ray of Light and Music and perhaps she thought that with the songs from these albums she would no longer need to sing her old past hits. Big mistake that she had to bitterly prove with the Drowned World Tour because the numerous complaints from the public towards her for not singing her old classics from the 80s caused her to have to sing them again on the Reinvention Tour, probably very much against her will.

It is not politically correct to deny the songs that helped you become the big star that you are. It's like erasing from the history of your life those people who at some point helped you grow as a person and as a human being. Perhaps Madonna's punishment for making these unfortunate statements is to sing these songs that she claims to hate for the rest of her life. Artists cannot go against the preferences of their audience, even if they go against their personal preferences. May she always keep that in mind.

Yeahhhhh...its funny how she really was her most unlikable during the Music era. Im sure had AL not flopped she would've done the XStatic World Tour. She was clever though to disguise a tour for AL as a greatest hits tour. I don't think ANY fan would've thought she would do Material Girl ever again.