Supposedly new pic from 1979/ Madonna or not ???

Redha DBL

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

Ok that pic montage is also convincing me it's her.

The lip and chin shape is exactly like hers. The thing on her face is pressing her nose down which makes her nose look slightly different. The fact they list the photographers name and that it comes from a very well known longterm fan who wrote several reputable Madonna books makes me think it’s probably her. I could be wrong but I don’t think he’d post it if it wasn’t verified by the photographer.

2 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Omg now I don’t know what to think!🤔 :lord::dead: but this is my favorite thread right now  for sure. I’m still leaning that it is Madonna! :cryin:
madonna burning up GIF

I still don't believe it's her, but I can see the similarities many have pointed out, but there still is something that seems off. The arms definitely don't look like hers.  I still wonder if it's actually a guy.  :)

43 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I still don't believe it's her, but I can see the similarities many have pointed out, but there still is something that seems off. The arms definitely don't look like hers.  I still wonder if it's actually a guy.  :)

I think what disturbs me on the photo is what you pointed out on the tshirt. It looks pulled or altered which raises some questions? 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Ok, i'm adding "Is it Madonna or Paula here ?" to my questions at an eventual Christopher Q&A

( in fact i've already asked him in the comments section on Insta under the pic posted by a acquaintance we both have in common)

Have you told the acquaintance to ask him what you wanted to ask him in the other thread though  :laughing:

4 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Oh no i was finally sold on the idea that the pic was real then i've read the last comments and i'm now i'm doubting again 🤔

It must mean something when more than half the fanbase feels there is something off with a Madonna pic right ?

No. What Madonna fans think about anything means absolutely nothing.

38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't think it's her either, but a really good edit with parts of an actual picture (or pictures) of her combined with another person.

Something's off there.

I'm convinced the lower face is from a 00s paparazzi picture of her going out of the gym and I WILL FIND IT.

Actually that's the first reaction a lot of fans have when they see the pic for the very first time, that it's an 00's pic of Madonna. 

18 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I think what disturbs me on the photo is what you pointed out on the tshirt. It looks pulled or altered which raises some questions? 

That isone of the most disturbing element of the whole enquiry. That part is obviously doctored, stretched/pulled with photoshop 

IMG-20240906-061313.jpg

And finally i still have a hard time picturing Madonna during the "A certain Sacrifice" era in 1979, dancing at the Danceteria. All the reports from customers, friends of Madonna inner circle at the time, pics we've seen etc... are from around 1982/1983. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

No. What Madonna fans think about anything means absolutely nothing.

That is your opinion. Mine is that more than half of people who are used to recognize their idole for 40 years instantly suddendly have the same feeling something is off, it's worth investigating. I don't remember any other case of a supposed Madonna picture where there are more fans who believe something is off than fans saying the picture is ok. The thing is most of us agree it's Madonna, there are just some elements that are questionnable, like the boobs part of the tee shirt obviously doctored to be pulled, M at the danceteria in 1979 (that would be a premiere in 42 years)...

Interesting Freddie Wearing the same shirt, the circle/oval is distorted on him as well. It has nothing to do with some photoshoot on M’s boobs as some are trying to claim . Now of course M’s is slightly wider because yes she has breasts and the shirt is small/tight.
E283-E80-C-CFAF-4744-854-B-8-A18618-B98-

19 minutes ago, xavier said:

Update Encyclopedia spoke to the photographer of the this photo 

2-EBEDCF0-3-C72-4-D6-D-BF35-3418423-F72-

I mean, if it's a fake and he's sold it as an authentic one, that's what he would say. The photographer.

Let's be honest: a Madonna picture automatically boosts the project and brings more attention to it.

On the other hand, why would he keep an unreleased Madonna picture from Danceteria until now? He would have made profit from it much earlier.

18 minutes ago, xavier said:

Interesting Freddie Wearing the same shirt, the circle/oval is distorted on him as well. It has nothing to do with some photoshoot on M’s boobs as some are trying to claim . Now of course M’s is slightly wider because yes she has breasts and the shirt is small/tight.
E283-E80-C-CFAF-4744-854-B-8-A18618-B98-

You gotta admit while the distortion looks natural on the Mercury pic it's looks very unnatural on Madonna, look at the right pointy side of the logo ! And that sharpness on the logo zone compare to the rest of blurry picture... Still strange.

Screenshot-20240906-162228.jpg

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I mean, if it's a fake and he's sold it as an authentic one, that's what he would say. The photographer.

Let's be honest: a Madonna picture automatically boosts the project and brings more attention to it.

On the other hand, why would he keep an unreleased Madonna picture from Danceteria until now?

I also have a strange feeling about all that story, plus M will probably won't make any lawsuit as she clearly doesn't remember which pic of her is real and which are fake (remember when has posted the pic with the woman on the Piano with the Beastie boys thinking it was her ?)

2 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

You gotta admit while the distortion looks natural on the Mercury pic it's looks very unnatural on Madonna, look at the right pointy side of the logo ! And that sharpness on the logo zone compare to the rest of blurry picture... Still strange.

Screenshot-20240906-162228.jpg

It’s M’s breast and angle of pic. Not unusual 

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

On the other hand, why would he keep an unreleased Madonna picture from Danceteria until now? He would have made profit from it much earlier.

Not unusual to have pics of celebrities unreleased.

On that note I have 4 pics of M unreleased never before online in my possession from 94. Have no clue when and if I’ll ever post, I’m not interested in any money, etc. just personal to me.

So it’s very possible he had this and others. 

6 minutes ago, xavier said:

On that note I have 4 pics of M unreleased never before online in my possession from 94. Have no clue when and if I’ll ever post, I’m not interested in any money, etc. just personal to me.

Send Me Youve Got Mail GIF by mrjonjon

45 minutes ago, xavier said:

So are you telling me the guy has a picture of pre-fame Madonna in iconic Danceteria but hey, he decided to keep it unreleased it for 40 years? C'moooon...

The only way this would make sense is if he didn't know he had it and suddenly found it among other pictures or something.

3 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Actually that's the first reaction a lot of fans have when they see the pic for the very first time, that it's an 00's pic of Madonna. 

That isone of the most disturbing element of the whole enquiry. That part is obviously doctored, stretched/pulled with photoshop 

IMG-20240906-061313.jpg

And finally i still have a hard time picturing Madonna during the "A certain Sacrifice" era in 1979, dancing at the Danceteria. All the reports from customers, friends of Madonna inner circle at the time, pics we've seen etc... are from around 1982/1983. 

Another (BIG)possibility is that she isn't wearing a bra ...and maybe uhhh, one side is shifting to her right and the other side is shifting more downward which is causing the tshirt to point to her right. If she's dancing, it could have it's bouncing direction shift effects if you know what I mean. :bananawave: Tagging @Adonna in this too to contemplate. :laughing: