Bedtime Stories 30th plans -reissues?

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. We’ve even seen Madonna arguing with Karens on social media. There’s no such thing as “professional” anymore. All that matters to Rhino is engagement and getting people talking.

A personal social account from an artist/performer and a professional account from a record label are two different things, though.

When Madonna is attacking a Karen, she's representing just herself. When a Rhino intern tries to play funny, they're representing the parent group Warner and all the artists they manage through Rhino.

It's basic PR, guys, social media or not. It applies to every medium.

For not taking it seriously we've been crying over a press release promising expanded reissues for three years now! That's meant to be serious, right? Well, the social media account of the label should be just an extension of the rest of PR; yes, they can be more playful, but they need to be always on point. It's not a personal account. It's the label talking.

13 hours ago, ChrisK said:

It was clearly intentional - In my opinion, at that time they were considering what to do - and I think a reissue of the felt digipack was a serious consideration - but have thankfully now 'riffled through the old vault'.

The person replying to this comments has no idea what Rhino is planing to release or not.

I believe Rhino would go for a pink vinyl like the DJ promo than some special packaging CD. Cheaper to produce, easy to sell. They still seating in lots of stock from FEL.

There's ways to be funny on social platforms, engaging even trolling properly done. That post and the answers is none of it. You can interact saying: 'we never plan to but would you like it? Whats your favorite track? ', 'what coulours would you like to see if we do?' etc etc

Wording like; 'And again' 'End of story' 'we thought was fun' and that teenager tone overall it's not a good look for a brand. In 2004 or 2024.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

A personal social account from an artist/performer and a professional account from a record label are two different things, though.

When Madonna is attacking a Karen, she's representing just herself. When a Rhino intern tries to play funny, they're representing the parent group Warner and all the artists they manage through Rhino.

It's basic PR, guys, social media or not. It applies to every medium.

For not taking it seriously we've been crying over a press release promising expanded reissues for three years now! That's meant to be serious, right? Well, the social media account of the label should be just an extension of the rest of PR; yes, they can be more playful, but they need to be always on point. It's not a personal account. It's the label talking.

Well the parent label or the artists don’t seem to have an issue with the way Rhino handles their social media . I think nobody cares about rules and procedures anymore, just getting people to click on something and spend money is all they want. The fans do all the work on social media anyway. I don’t necessarily agree with their way of doing things but I don’t think there’s any huge consequence to any of it. Madonna has her own staff members who respond more bitchily to her fans than that.

I can't wait for the day X will be over and done for good. Only cunts are still there wether it's just people or companies. 

Whenever i'm sent a link to check something there (and it does not work anymore if you don't have an account anymore) it feels like that scene in 1982's Poltergeist movie when the psychics open the children's room door and everything is madness.

14 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I can't wait for the day X will be over and done for good. Only cunts are still there wether it's just people or companies. 

Whenever i'm sent a link to check something there (and it does not work anymore if you don't have an account anymore) it feels like that scene in 1982's Poltergeist movie when the psychics open the children's room door and everything is madness.

I’m proud to say I’ve never had an Twitter/X account.

It doesn’t make sense to me, but people seem to love it.

7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I bailed on it long before it became X.  It's a cesspool of nasty and uninformed people there.  To me, it's like the FOX NEWS of social media platforms.  

This account is a joke. Remember when they said M was not happy when fans mentioned the next release of a lame boring digital thing? I'm sure M doesn't know of their existence... I'm sure the one manging the account is either an early 20's guy who knows nothing about legacy artists or a grandpa. 🤣

On 9/8/2024 at 8:27 AM, Boombox90 said:

I’m proud to say I’ve never had an Twitter/X account.

It doesn’t make sense to me, but people seem to love it.

I had to for work since i work in the media and it made me angry daily. Especially when i gained a lot of followers after many publications were shared by celebrities because i interviewed them, suddenly people control what you are allowed to say, people you don't know irl. And you find yourself not only having an opinion on everything but needing to express it as if the world needs to know it and you get into fights with people you don't know, you'll never meet, as if your life depends on it. It turned me into a bigger asshole than i already am. 

I left when Musk took over because i just could not support a racist antisemitic islamiohobe transphobe homophobe incel sexist major asshole so i sent him a tweet to tell him to die and my account was immediately shut down for good, i had already saved my data and said my goodbyes, i did it because i knew i would come back if it wasn't totally banned because it's addictive and i knew saying this to this jerk would end like it did.

It's poison.