Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA [Thursday, Jan 14, 2016]

groovyguy

BOK Center, Tulsa, OK

Thu, Jan 14, 2016 08:00 PM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/20004F04E3386D84?brand=madonna&camefrom=CFC_MDN_GRID_2016114

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 09/21/15 10:00 AM CDT

Icon Lifetime Legacy Member Presale/VIP

Start: Wed, 09/16/15 10:00 AM CDT
End: Thu, 09/17/15 05:00 PM CDT

Live Nation Presale

Start: Fri, 09/18/15 10:00 AM CDT
End: Fri, 09/18/15 05:00 PM CDT

VIP Package Onsale

End: Mon, 01/04/16 10:00 PM CST

Citi® Cardmember Preferred Tickets

End: Thu, 12/17/15 10:00 PM CST

Posted Image

• [*]
Price Range [*] 

Lower Level

US $90.00 - US $355.00

US $90.00 (US $105.90 with fees)US $355.00 (US $402.90 with fees)
Floor Seating

US $170.00 - US $355.00

US $170.00 (US $195.15 with fees)US $355.00 (US $402.90 with fees)
Club Level

US $170.00 - US $355.00

US $170.00 (US $195.15 with fees)US $355.00 (US $402.90 with fees)
Upper Level

US $40.00 - US $90.00

US $40.00 (US $52.50 with fees)US $90.00 (US $105.90 with fees)

• 3 months later...
Madonna fans stick to their icon through the years

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/downtown/madonna-fans-stick-to-their-icon-through-the-years/article_10b96f29-d844-53fe-976e-d1c186fd04ba.html

With bangles all the way up her arms, hair tussled and fake microphone in hand, Andrea Fowler would channel her musical icon in the mirror, the music as loud as it would go.

She thought the door was locked to keep her brother out during this particular bedroom Madonna concert, where Fowler as a teenager would give it her all. But it wasn’t.

“He comes in and touches my shoulder, and it scared me so bad I just fell to the floor,†Fowler said.

Generations of fans of the Queen of Pop held concerts and sang into hairbrushes from the early ’80s, when synthesizers introduced us to the “Lucky Star,†to the release of her 13th studio album last year, “Rebel Heart.†Madonna has thrived in changing landscapes, which has made her even more appealing to fans.

Fans will get to sing along with the icon herself when she performs in Oklahoma for the first time on Thursday. Madonna is set to perform at 8 p.m. Thursday at the BOK Center. Tickets start at $40 and are available at bokcenter.com.

Since 1983, Madonna has sold more than 300 million albums around the world. She is listed at No. 2 behind The Beatles on Billboard’s Hot 100 All-Time Top Artist list, making her the most successful solo act on the U.S. singles charts.

She has toured the world and become one of the highest-grossing female performers in history. She has starred in several films and earned a Golden Globe award.

For decades, Madonna has been part of the pop culture. She has adapted to the times but stayed true to herself, which has kept her fans on board, picking up new ones along the way.

“I like that she evolves and grows,†Fowler said.

“There are a lot of artists who come and go. She’s a mainstay.â€

Fowler has been a fan since those earliest days. The world got its first hit of Madonna in 1982 after music from her self-titled debut climbed the Billboard dance charts.

With the release of “Like a Virgin†in 1984, she was a global name. Her music was flying off the shelves, and blonde hair and fishnets ruled high-school fashion.

“I loved the music. I loved the beat. It was something I could sing along to,†Fowler said.

“She dressed so cool. I had bangles all up my arm.â€

By 1990, Madonna released her first greatest-hits album, “The Immaculate Collection,†which was one of the best-selling albums of all time. Jade Gotcher knew it front and back.

“My mom and I have been fans since I was born,†she said, adding that her mother was a fan well before then.

She and her mother would set up their own music video shoots with Gotcher sporting a pink denim jacket and leather hat. She would sing her heart out on songs like “Like a Prayer.â€

“I know all the words because my mom played ‘The Immaculate Collection’ all the time growing up,†Gotcher said.

It was with “Like a Prayer†that Gotcher was able to win tickets to Thursday’s show. Singing the song at the Tulsa World Scene Madonna karaoke contest, Gotcher not only nailed the words but also Madonna’s moves.

It’ll be the first time either Gotcher or Fowler have had the chance to see Madonna in person, the same as many in Tulsa who haven’t been able to travel out of state for the show.

“She’s going to freak out,†Gotcher said before calling her mom.

New Security Measures In Place For Madonna's Tulsa Concert

http://www.newson6.com/story/30964880/new-security-measures-in-place-for-madonnas-tulsa-concert

Posted Image

TULSA, Oklahoma -

Expect long lines at Tulsa's BOK Center Thursday evening as Madonna brings her Rebel Heart tour to Tulsa.  

This is the first time Madonna has ever performed in Oklahoma.

Her show begins at 8 p.m., but the BOK Center says doors for the concert will open at 6:30 p.m. thanks to new security measures.  Earlier this year the center added metal detectors as you enter the building and they will be conducting bag searches.  

Center officials say no bags larger than 13" x 15" x 6'' will be permitted inside BOK Center.  They say guests who have bags larger than this size will be asked to return them to their vehicles or discard them.

What to do in Oklahoma on Jan. 14, 2016: Hear Madonna at Tulsa's BOK Center

http://newsok.com/what-to-do-in-oklahoma-on-jan.-14-2016-hear-madonna-at-tulsas-bok-center/article/5472501

Today's featured event:

TULSA - See and hear iconic Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Madonna at 8 tonight at the BOK Center, 200 S Denver. The concert is being billed as the Material Girl's first time to ever perform in Oklahoma.

Madonna's “Rebel Heart Tour" follows the spring release of her 2015 "Rebel Heart" album on Interscope Records, which earned rave reviews from Rolling Stone, Los Angeles Times and Noisy.

Along with extraordinary critical acclaim as an artist, songwriter and producer who has sold a record breaking 300 million records, Madonna’s reputation as one of the most successful, provocative and enduring live performers of all time speaks for itself. Her 2008-2009 "Sticky & Sweet" tour is the highest-grossing tour of all time for a solo artist, and her 2012 "MDNA" tour was the most successful tour of that year.

At Tuesday night's tour stop in Houston, Madonna paid emotional tribute to rock icon David Bowie, who died Sunday. She described Bowie as "a man who inspired my career" and "one of the greatest singer-songwriters of the 20th century."

"He changed my life when I went to see him in concert in Detroit," she told the crowd at Houston's Toyota Center before performing Bowie's "Rebel Rebel." "He showed me it was OK to be different ... and he's the first 'Rebel Heart' that I laid eyes on." (Warning: Video has some strong language.)

Doors to tonight's Tulsa show open at 6:30 p.m.

For more information, go to www.bokcenter.com.

For more events, go to newsok.com/events.

Posted Image

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAiHRppSxsM/

super_hero_tonyOOOk-Lahoma,where the wind comes sweep'in down the plain. And the wav'in wheat can sure smell sweet,When wind comes right behind the rain. You're doin' fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma OK! REBEL â¤ï¸'s TULSA â—ï¸Lets Goâ—ï¸â™¥ï¸â™¥ï¸â™¥ï¸â™¥ï¸â™¥ï¸â™¥ï¸

Posted Image

I saw La vie en rose in Periscope!! Are you sure @@groovyguy?

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aWiMUDF6dkVOUGthWnlLZWR8MWpNSmdqa2drempHTCsOHdYu899kLn2CWaOKUWCyGOX12NGTh14tpTXptPmy

I even sang lalala at home!

The UB was Grant dressed as Marilyn in Diamonds, a little overweight though...

Yes she sang LVER! You didn't see my edited post! :)

Don't Tell Me / RH / Music / CS / MG  / LVER / Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend / UB / Holiday

Archived