Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

on the real her tour covers aren't that bad. S&S and MDNA could've been better but I still find it acceptable. Her single covers are ratchet as fuck but well they've never been that inspired (dont kill me )

The Rebel Heart ones were extremely tacky  :cryin: . But overall, the MDNA ones had amazing Mert & Marcus pics on them, and the latest lazy designs were made like 12 years ago for Love Profusion and Nothing Fails which are still more decent than Living for Laziness, Lazytown and Bitch I'm Lazydonna  :coffee:

The Rebel Heart ones were extremely tacky  :cryin: . But overall, the MDNA ones had amazing Mert & Marcus pics on them, and the latest lazy designs were made like 12 years ago for Love Profusion and Nothing Fails which are still more decent than Living for Laziness, Lazytown and Bitch I'm Lazydonna  :coffee:

The MDNA ones were pretty decent...

I dont understand why RH got what it got but better luck next time I guesss

While I find her lovely as a person in it, I don't find the show interesting. MDNA would probably be the opposite, she was quite serious in it mostly but the show was interesting to me. Others didn't like MDNA Tour as much and that's fine. 

We all have different tastes, which is why she has a lot of fans. :)  I loved every second of the RHT live, and she showed much more personality than any other tour, which to me made it 1000x more interesting than phoned in theatrics.  MDNA was "interesting", but I wasn't interested in either the album or the tour except for the Love Spent section and the last section.  MDNA was one of those "you've seen it once, you've seen it all" shows while RHT was fresh and exciting every night (even with the near endless Periscopes) because of the surprise songs, the dialogue, her humor and vulnerability.

I would never say the theatrics on MDNA were phoned in. They were powerful artistic statements on sexism, ageism, opression, objectification, survival, etc, while it still had more conventionally "fun" moments.

Heartbreak City is my favourite performance on RHT because its theatrical and personal. Like a Virgin is my second favourite performance, its beautiful and organic  :hearteyes: her alone on a stage can be really powerful.

I didnt grow up with her nor have 80/90s nostalgia moments which were so prominent on RHT, but I can see why others would swoon over that.

With TOAC she slayed me, especially with that acoustic version of Mer Girl. Those performances were more creative musically than the surprise performances on tour. I appreciated the gesture of her singing Take A Bow in Japan, etc. She was doing her best to please the fans. I know she doesn't always want to take shit from the press nor be a robot so it's totally fine for me if she switches her m.o. from tour to tour.

Going back and reading about the 'rushed' effect of Rebel Heart Tour, but you know that they planned the tour in the Summer of 2014. She was planning something all along and I doubt the schedule changes wasn't done without reason. It's not often she change shows that aren't to her favour.

Guest LaraCroft

Still, Kylie gives the fans what they want. Madonna barely does it, unfortunately. And we're just talking about commercial releases, no doubt Madonna is greater than anyone in the showbusiness  :wink:

Y'all know I stan for Kylie and everything but if that were true she would have given us the Anti Tour CD / DVD by now.

As for M I just want the full live set on audio, I'm Going To Tell You A Secret still pisses me off for only being a small chunk of the Reinvention tour. CT wasn't as bad but again I hate only getting a sample on CD and not the whole show.

I didnt grow up with her nor have 80/90s nostalgia moments which were so prominent on RHT, but I can see why others would swoon over that.

Me neither! But I wouldn't be honest if I told you I didn't feel something really "special" when she sang Open Your Heart at the MDNA Tour and Who's That Girl during the last one! No matter what versions she uses, those songs were still in her "to do list" concerning her 80s golden classic and finally she did them! We're only missing Cherish I guess but she already said it was a stupid song anyway  :lol:

Me neither! But I wouldn't be honest if I told you I didn't feel something really "special" when she sang Open Your Heart at the MDNA Tour and Who's That Girl during the last one! No matter what versions she uses, those songs were still in her "to do list" concerning her 80s golden classic and finally she did them! We're only missing Cherish I guess but she already said it was a stupid song anyway  :lol:

OYH was amazing live, that version had a lot of heart and didnt feel TBT. TBH I cant comment on WTG I dont remember it, didnt she remove it? Ill have to dig up some videos...

The first act of the MDNA Tour it was better than the entire RHT :dead:

With the super mega hit Revolver? Yeah right, the choreography was the only memorable thing about it plus the 90-seconds only Papa Don't Preach version and that awful Hung Up lipsync version SURE!  :bothered2:. The only thing I missed at the Santiago concert was GGW, Gang Bang, and I Don't Give A. Now those were fierce!  :lord:

I didn't know that hit equals good. Hung Up it's one of the most meaningful performances of the tour. Returning to Dante's Inferno from Girl Gone Wild, she is dragged by spirits in a transcendental journey. The symbols drawn on the backdrop are prehistoric and indigenous, represent a spiritual, heavenly world, where there are fights and missions, whose victory could lead to cures for all diseases, whether mental or physical. She's being guided by spirits along the way on the slackline

Can we talk about the amazing triple punch representing her marriage: Hung Up (the fall of the horse, her marriage succumbing in a crisis), I Don't Give A (explicit about the marriage) and Best Friend (backdrop with a funeral, coffins, cemetery, her marriage being burried),

This act is one of the most existentialist she ever done. Let's end with this bride's revenge

Posted Image

The first act of the MDNA Tour it was better than the entire RHT :dead:

I won't lie that at times I think RHT was a little low key but for numbers like LAV and True Blue I cannot complain! but wish I saw that segment live that was for the history books, GGW - Revolver - Gang Bang is just damn hot.  :devil:

But the interludes; did she even try?

I didn't know that hit equals good. Hung Up it's one of the most meanifugul performances of the tour. Returning to Dante's Inferno from Girl Gone Wild, she is dragged by spirits in a transcendental journey. The symbols drawn on the backdrop are prehistoric and indigenous, represent a spiritual, heavenly world, where there are fights and missions, whose victory could lead to cures for all diseases, whether mental or physical. She's being guided by spirits along the way on the slackline

Can we talk about the amazing triple punch representing her marriage: Hung Up (the fall of the horse, her marriage succumbing in a crisis), I Don't Give A (explicit about the marriage) and Best Friend (backdrop with a funeral, coffins, cemetery, her marriage being burried),

This act is one of the most existentialist she ever done. Let's end with this bride's revenge

Posted Image

Exactly, I don't love GGW, Revolver, IDGA, but she really elevated them. It's not about budget, or energy, what I love is the concept and meaning. S&S was basically a 2 hour cardio session so she always does things differently. 

RHT also had concept and meaning, but it was much more poppy. I think she had more things to say than the tour would have you believe.

What I love about TOAC is that it was raw and it gave her a better outlet to be open and honest about her sadness at the time than the main show, even tho I hate seeing her sad, that show was a good thing.

MadonnaTribe has heard some great news about the release of Madonna’s acclaimed Rebel Heart Tour on home video! Here’s what we know so far:

When: The Rebel Heart Tour is currently set for release in two months’ time.

What we’re going to get: The tour will be released on BD/DVD, and once again a CD and a Combo version will be available.

The content: Although the filming of the final two Rebel Heart Tour concerts in Sydney last March was announced as part of a larger project to be released at a later date, there is no news yet about the Tears of a Clown intimate show or other extras to be part of the package.

The songs: as you know the setlist of the Rebel Heart Tour changed a bit in the second half of the tour run and some songs trade places with others. In the upcoming release, get ready for Like A Prayer being performed right before Rebel Heart.