Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I understand, I just assumed since two nights with the same setlist were shot in full it meant we will get the whole show but who knows. Did they tape the whole show in paris for IGTTYAS docu or just selected performances?

For the trillionth time, the thing that I read that really made sense was that they filmed alternative performances each night.

Thus, the first night they filmed The Beast Within, Nobody Knows Me, American Life and so on, while the second night they filmed Vogue, Frozen, Express Yourself and so on. This is is because they were taping it on film, so they had to change rolls and that takes time (once again, I don't know if this is real for sure, but it makes sense).

They taped the whole show, but not in one single night.

But vogue was taped in more than one night, you could tell by the angles it was not a one time shoot, same with NKM, at least 2 night were taped for those two performances

Vogue was shot 1 night in Paris and the 2nd shot was from Lisbon as you will notice the corset was coloured blue in the post editing  this is picked up by the incorrect coloured tassles on her corset

I'm sorry but I think Madonna needs to change her time cycle. She still operating on old time scales. 

Taylor Swift

taped her 1989 tour on November 28, 2015

she announced it on December 13th, 2015

and released it on December 20th, 2015

Beyonce 

July 2014 announcement 

September 12th, 13th filmed

September 20th, released

Miley Cyrus

Filmed June 13, 15, 17 2014

Announced on June 26th 2014

Aired on July 6th 2014

Lady Gaga

Artpop Tour was streamed live so no waiting time at all.

Justin Bieber 

Believe Tour Ended December 8th, 2013

Released April 8th, 2014

I still want the DVD but Im already ready for a new era. 

I definitely get your point because nowadays the consumers' standards are very different to, at least, what used to be 15 years ago. All these 'artists' are part of the 'new' generation with fans under the age of 25 and they understand the market needs very well because everything in the 2000s and 2010s is substantially immediate. It's the main characteristic of the society we live in today. However, Madonna grew up and developed her career in a different time where the internet didn't exist and there were other parameters in the game... Have you wondered why she takes that long to release the latest music videos? And when they're out they're not that special compared to others'? Because she's just part of a different generation. And this is not criticism, it's just an observation... A few might consider Madonna as part of the past but that's because she played an important role in the last 30 years whether they agree with it or not. I'm sure we'll have the chance to get the Rebel Heart Tour DVD sooner or later, it's just the anxiety (extremely common these days) that's consuming us all right now. And I perfectly get why Madonna makes us wait... it's just her way of staying relevant. She's a smart bitch ya know.

:smke:

I know they used the lisbon show too but I am still pretty sure they taped more than one vogue/NKM performance in paris, just look at all those angles, front and behind and on the sides, yet no cameraman can be seen

possible they simply did different angles on different dates. :thinker:

and btw thank GOD shes not teasing the tour release everyday ... I hope when it comes, it comes out of nowhere and quickly, no matter how much we have to wait now.

I agree. I know that whatever decision Madonna makes it's usually coming from a business point of view, and I trust her instinct 100% when it comes to that. It's just a bit strange. The attention span of the audience has dwindled so I feel like faster makes sense, especially when it can be done. (I don't think it actually takes 9 months to edit a tour video) I'd rather her take 9 months to record and edit an album.

Im just being impatient. I need to lie down. 

Madonna-in-Girl-Gone-Wild-music-video-ma

I definitely get your point because nowadays the consumers' standards are very different to, at least, what used to be 15 years ago. All these 'artists' are part of the 'new' generation with fans under the age of 25 and they understand the market needs very well because everything in the 2000s and 2010s is substantially immediate. It's the main characteristic of the society we live in today. However, Madonna grew up and developed her career in a different time where the internet didn't exist and there were other parameters in the game... Have you wondered why she takes that long to release the latest music videos? And when they're out they're not that special compared to others'? Because she's just part of a different generation. And this is not criticism, it's just an observation... A few might consider Madonna as part of the past but that's because she played an important role in the last 30 years whether they agree with it or not. I'm sure we'll have the chance to get the Rebel Heart Tour DVD sooner or later, it's just the anxiety (extremely common these days) that's consuming us all right now. And I perfectly get why Madonna makes us wait... it's just her way of staying relevant. She's a smart bitch ya know.

:smke: