Madonna to Honor Prince at Billboard Awards with live performance

Yung Rapunxel

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt be surprised if shes joined by surprise guests on this performance ? he was such an influence on people it would make sense ? i see a very nice video history too as a backdrop and myabe have some white doves too ? :) i cant wait for the performance - i know she will do him proud , my only concern(as always) is her choice of clothing for the night ?

I'm pretty sure, too, that there will be guest performers.  How could there not be?  There are too many in the music world that he influenced.  When they called him the Beethoven of my generation, they were not lying nor exaggerating.  I'm not really sure about the white doves (animal rights and all) though they would be fitting, but a great performance will be given by our Queen, which could only be accented by a great video history.  She will do him (and us) proud, no doubt.

TBH I strongly don't think that there's some guests.

And I really DO NOT want to see some average pop star ruin Queen of Pop's special tribute Moment for prince of pop.

This is not superbowl.

I mean if Madonna gonna perform something like 13minutes then well maybe there's some possibility in there.(but I still doubt)

Thinks about Janet Jackson's MJ tribute performance.

MJ is king of pop but there's no some average guest performer in Janet Jackson's tribute performance.

Only Janet Jackson herself. That's enough.

Same thing.

There's NO room for average random useless pop star for this special tribute.

We NEED and We WANT to see The one and only Queen of pop Madonna's performance.

Period.

From her recent IG post, M may perform the amazing Sometimes it Snows in April from Prince's 1986 album Parade. Such a beautiful song!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFR43vdmEdq/?taken-by=madonna

madonnaDon't Reign on my Parade! ☂☔. This is not a Love Song !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaL4DCseY4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDF8pXeNNM

What a beautiful song!

Start with this song then suddenly change tune up with U got the look!

powerful spectacular and sexy choreograhpy and there's dancers which wearing Variety prince costume!

And big Screen show us Variety Prince moments..

And Madonna sing and dancing "U got the look!"

Perfect song choice!

Sorry, but I really can't understand why Madonnarama choose to give attention to this kind of bullshit!!

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2016/05/15/in-brief-billboard-awards-boycott-charts-james-morrison-snl-and-more/

It honestly makes me a liitle sad that almost 4000 people submitted the petition; it will be closed when 5000 submissions will be reached, wich I'm afraid will happen rather soon... bad publicity again?

But, most of all, I really don't want her to share the stage with anybody for this   :fight:

Sorry but I really can't understand why Madonnarama choose to give attention to this kind of bullshit

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2016/05/15/in-brief-billboard-awards-boycott-charts-james-morrison-snl-and-more/

It honestly makes me a liitle sad that almost 4000 people submitted the petition; it will be closed when 5000 submissions will be reached, wich I'm afraid will happen rather soon... bad publicity again?  :fight:

too much negativity.... we shouldnt pay any attention to any of that shit.

Everyone relevant has haters tbh. Although I'm not sure why such a negative response towards her doing the tribute. Seems to me some of it comes from people thinking Prince hated her. It would be nice if some people that played with him were on the tribute, like Lorde's Brits tribute to Bowie. But I kinda doubt it cos Madonna is gonna want to use her own musicians.

As long as its classy most people will be fine with it, I hope. 

Sorry, but I really can't understand why Madonnarama choose to give attention to this kind of bullshit!!

It honestly makes me a liitle sad that almost 4000 people submitted the petition; it will be closed when 5000 submissions will be reached, wich I'm afraid will happen rather soon... bad publicity again?

But, most of all, I really don't want her to share the stage with anybody for this   :fight:

oh that stupid petition thing! LOL that /www.change.org site itself is pure joke and that site is pure garbage!  Do not even worry about it! 

I clearly remember a corruption politician kill himself in my country then people make a poll about "Let resurrection him!" at change.org.

And people mocking like this "If you write comment enough at change.org then that site gonna resurrection him! let's make a comments! We can change it!" So.. hundred thousand of people make a comment at that change.org then what you think what's happended?

Is he resurrection? LOL well clearly No. That site can't "change" anything! literally Nothing gonna change. Because that site is pure shit and joke. LOL I mean that site is more like humor site. And trolls shitty playground.

Funny and sad at the same time: "In September 1987, Prince contacted Madonna to star opposite of him in the sequel to Purple Rain, Graffiti Bridge. He flew her out to Minneapolis a few weeks after finishing the screenplay to pitch it to her. After studying the script, Madonna told Prince it was a “piece of shit†and she wasn’t interested in the part. They continued to discuss other possible collaborations."  :1f614:  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1tfOA6BtFo

OMG this Batdance still Jam!! I can dance with this song right now!

I can totally imagine Madonna and her danancers does spectacluar dance choreograpy with this song!

Ok i My Madonna's Prince tribute Medley list is

1.Sometimes it snow in april

2.thieves in the temple

3.U got the Look

4 Batdance

What a perfect Medley!

Not even Prince's own live versions worked of that song, unfortunately.

Nobody knows Love Song, so it will most likely be one of his ~8 biggest hits (1999, Little Red Corvette, When Doves Cry, Purple Rain, Let's Go Crazy, Raspberry Beret, Kiss, Cream).

It would be cool if ex-band members of Prince's can join in the tribute (Sheila E on percussion, for example)

Mark Bracco, the executive producer of Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards, is defending the decision to have Madonna pay homage to Prince, which has been met with some criticism online and sparked a Change.org petition…

"Listen, I think everybody is entitled to their opinion and everyone can have their own opinion, but I will say that we are honored and could not be more excited for Madonna to be on the show and to pay tribute to someone that was her friend and her peer and her colleague.I think it’s going to be fantastic.

It’s going to be very, very intimate and very respectful, and I think it’s something that is really going to pay tribute to Prince as the incredible, groundbreaking artist that he was and the influence that he had on music.

Honestly her team gave a call and inquired about what we might be thinking about and it led to many conversations about what would she want to do and how would we want to shape it creatively.And after everyone (got) comfortable with exactly what the direction was, we all collectively wanted to go into Madonna, that she would do this and she has been very, very involved in how this will all unfold creatively"

Archived