Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

‘Crazy. Intense. So full on’

...Unfortunately Skrillex was too busy to work on the new Madonna album with Diplo.

“I’ve been at the studio, there’ll be a few of my drums in there but nothing huge. I would have loved to work on it if I’d had time, what I have heard sounds crazy. Intense. So full on.â€

Posted Image

Sometimes I feel that M's team / management tends to be too traditional when it comes to releasing songs. M is everywhere now with the Interview Mag and Versace shoots + the leaks that topped the Billboard streaming chart. I think it's a really good time to release at least an exclusive iTunes single. After all, the first single was already done a few months ago according to Diplo. They could even offer the Itunes album pre order now if they wanted to. Just wish they would think outside the box when it comes to releasing music these days. If they follow the MDNA trajectory and release the album in March, followed by a hectic tour rehearsals right after, I fear it'll be 'non-traditional promo' once again. 

I really hope they have sorted themselves out, MDNA was a DISASTER when it comes to the releases. They weren't traditional they were completely clueless. I mean, they didn't release CD singles and the digital releases were a useless mess...

Hopefully they'll put the album and single up for pre-order early next year (making sure the lead single doesnt automatically download when preordering the album this time... my god), and hopefully the digital releases will be special. Album tracks as automatic downloads each week leading up to the release date would be great since it creates buzz and the media to talk about each track. Also maybe a video track on the album would be neat, with some behind the scenes stuff or an exclusive interview. 

EP digital singles would be amazing too, you know, singles that one actually wants and needs to own. With special tracks such as b-sides, instrumentals, acapellas, acoustic versions, demos or even live versions. Something actually special than remixes I'll never listen to. 

Ovbiously all the special stuff only available by buying the albums/singles as a whole.

Making sure things are available worldwide also helps. I remember there was a problem like this with Girl Gone Wild or whatever, plus the exclusive Smirnoff thing. 

They didn't care about MDNA and they left it to die... I don't blame Madonna, I blame her team.

A little effort can go a long way... :drama: 

I really hope they have sorted themselves out, MDNA was a DISASTER when it comes to the releases. They weren't traditional they were completely clueless. I mean, they didn't release CD singles and the digital releases were a useless mess...

Hopefully they'll put the album and single up for pre-order early next year (making sure the lead single doesnt automatically download when preordering the album this time... my god), and hopefully the digital releases will be special. Album tracks as automatic downloads each week leading up to the release date would be great since it creates buzz and the media to talk about each track. Also maybe a video track on the album would be neat, with some behind the scenes stuff or an exclusive interview. 

EP digital singles would be amazing too, you know, singles that one actually wants and needs to own. With special tracks such as b-sides, instrumentals, acapellas, acoustic versions, demos or even live versions. Something actually special than remixes I'll never listen to. 

Ovbiously all the special stuff only available by buying the albums/singles as a whole.

Making sure things are available worldwide also helps. I remember there was a problem like this with Girl Gone Wild or whatever, plus the exclusive Smirnoff thing. 

They didn't care about MDNA and they left it to die... I don't blame Madonna, I blame her team.

A little effort can go a long way... :drama: 

Didn't she commission acoustic versions of several songs from MDNA...? I would have loved for those to have been made available on some of the singles instead of the crappy remixes. I think this coming era is open to possibility of different versions of songs, since it seems many started out as acoustic and then were transformed into dance songs.

http://drownedmadonna.com/madonnas-first-single-living-love/20141205

Madonna’s first single is Living For Love.Are you ready for Madonna new single? Find out what we heard from reliable insiders.It’s a little bit unexpected, especially after what Diplo said, we heard that the first single from Madonna‘s new album will be Living For Love. Madonna really loves this track.Living For Love will feature Alicia Keys at the piano.We also heard that the video for Madonna‘s Living For Love will be filmed in New York next January.

Recap on LFL/Co
Living For Love/Carry on : an incredible mid-tempo ballad with gospel parts. In this one, Madonna talks to the Lord. Ariel Rechtstaid (who worked previously with Charli XCX and other underground acts) collaborated on the track.

Descriptuon by MRama:
“Living for love, I’m gonna carry on, love’s gonna lift me upâ€, goes this snappy track about the sanctity of survival, using a luminescent collection of escalating 90s influenced tempos.

Madonna recorded a few “I survived a hard breakup and am stronger for it†anthems, but “Living for Love/Carry on†is probably the most accessible and club friendly one.

She assures her audience that her past flame is in the past, and that she’s ready to move on, with a little help from God.
Madonna talks about how allowing herself to love made her strong and feel reborn, but by letting down her guard, she forgot who she was and didn’t hear the alarm.

Now that the love is over, she says she’s willing to forgive but will never forget.

With the help of a choir, Madonna addresses a kinda odd sounding prayer to God to help her heal fast and allow her to love again.

With an undeniable, instantly catchy hook, in typical Madonna fashion, she’s telling off her ex-boyfriend, but there’s a festive flair that makes the whole break-up seem rather uplifting than dour.

Although the unfinished version of the song lacks a little originality in its production, Living for Love translates the soulful optimism of Madonna. It’s all about empowering yourself after a breakup, getting back on your feet and giving a chance to new love.

Video Clip: Madonna recorded with the London Community Gospel Choir for Living for Love

Partial Living for Love lyrics
Papers with lyrics from Madonna's new album posted by Toby Gad! 
Posted Image

Didn't she commission acoustic versions of several songs from MDNA...? I would have loved for those to have been made available on some of the singles instead of the crappy remixes. I think this coming era is open to possibility of different versions of songs, since it seems many started out as acoustic and then were transformed into dance songs.

No idea but she needs to sell those singles!  :) fingers crossed.

An apparently reliable member of the DrownedMadonna and MadonnaNation forums has revealed the following bits of information on what to expect from Madonna's forthcoming album...

* There will be zero collaborations on the album! The track that Diplo did with Madonna & Nicki Minaj will appear on Diplo's album (late 2015). It's called Trust No Bitch/Trust No Man and was originally written with Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum* Around 18 tracks will appear on the album. A double album was never considered.* This is how he describes Living For Love:"Human Nature style vocals for the verses. She sings along side the verses in a higher vocal as well. The chorus is very soulful, I would say Madonna as we've never heard her on an album. If I had to describe her vocals on the chorus, I would say they're similar to the section in Beat Goes On where she sings "Say what you like, do what you feel..." Very strong vocally. The demos have slightly different lyrics. At the end she pleads for the lord to forgive her, lord lift me, God forgive me..."* Most of Avicii's work has 5+ demos. The leaked demo of Rebel Heart was #4 and Wash All Over Me was #2.* Living For Love is a "pretty big departure" from previous Madonna songs.

* Living for Love was not originally a Diplo track. Disclosure got their hands on it for a bit and he reworked it. Reggae / Dancehall is pretty vague, only certain elements have that sound, not necessarily an entire track. * Quite a few ballads were recorded. 3 of them are amazing according to this guy. Quite a few song titles haven't been revealed yet.* This is how he describes the overall feel of the album:"There isn't a central theme or sound with this album, it's all encompassing, something for everyone."* There are songs related to the Secret Project.* Living For Love has been through many versions, but all of them danceable! He also describes it as an anthem

* All of Diplo's tracks will be memorable. Living For Love could very much be this decade's Ray of Light. 

* Natalia Kills never recorded vocals. All of the Natalia Kills songs are overtly sexual, Trust No Bitch was reworked with Diplo

Rebel Heart sounds finished to me. I doubt we'll get something much more different...

Regarding Living For Love, we're just gonna have to wait and see, I always thought it was gonna be a ballad and I was hoping for something more fun. The first single will represent the whole era and I like my Madonna fun.. lol

It's great that we may not get any collabs at all. Glad Nicki is not gonna be on the album if it's true. No shade its just that Madonna's already done that, and I want a Madonna-only album like the old days.