Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I would love for her to put out a double album, the idea of getting that amount of music from her at once is a wet dream! So I have to have a little hope that it will happen...but it isn't very likely. Take a look at Kylie Minogue, there were over 60 songs demoed and/or recorded for her X album, and I seem to remember reading that nearly 100 songs were demoed/recorded for her recent Kiss Me Once album.

I just can't wait for this album much longer! I'm dying of anticipation!!

Regarding the leaks, and her recent attitude towards them--it's hard to believe that she is unaware of this, leaks have been happening to artists more and more within the last decade. I will say though, that I don't recall hearing much from other artists when their material leaks. So maybe this stand that Madonna is taking, needs to be taken.

I just bought a copy of the new Interview Magazine, and I noticed something in the accompanying article, that I have yet to see made mention of here or elsewhere. Towards the end of the article...

BLAINE: NASA put something in outer space that's called Voyager 1, and it's filled with all sorts of human archives, stuff that if, in a billion years, the world doesn't exist, would still be floating out there for some other intelligent life to discover. What relics from humanity would you have put in the Voyager?

MADONNA: The music of Chopin. Water, because water is mercy, and you can't live without water.

BLAINE: What would you put the water in?

MADONNA: A bottle that said "holy water" on it. [both laugh] A scroll of the Old Testament. A chessboard with chess pieces. Something to write with: blank paper and a fountain pen with ink.

...could their laughter at her comment about labelling it "holy water" be because "Holy Water" is one of the tracks on the album? It's one of the tracks rumored to have been written with Natalia Kills. Blaine makes mention of having heard the song "Devil Prays" earlier in the article, perhaps he has heard the entire album, or at very least several tracks, including "Holy Water," hence him laughing at her labelling the bottle of water "holy water" too.

I just bought a copy of the new Interview Magazine, and I noticed something in the accompanying article, that I have yet to see made mention of here or elsewhere. Towards the end of the article...

BLAINE: NASA put something in outer space that's called Voyager 1, and it's filled with all sorts of human archives, stuff that if, in a billion years, the world doesn't exist, would still be floating out there for some other intelligent life to discover. What relics from humanity would you have put in the Voyager?

MADONNA: The music of Chopin. Water, because water is mercy, and you can't live without water.

BLAINE: What would you put the water in?

MADONNA: A bottle that said "holy water" on it. [both laugh] A scroll of the Old Testament. A chessboard with chess pieces. Something to write with: blank paper and a fountain pen with ink.

...could their laughter at her comment about labelling it "holy water" be because "Holy Water" is one of the tracks on the album? It's one of the tracks rumored to have been written with Natalia Kills. Blaine makes mention of having heard the song "Devil Prays" earlier in the article, perhaps he has heard the entire album, or at very least several tracks, including "Holy Water," hence him laughing at her labelling the bottle of water "holy water" too.

Most of the songs are really strong but Holy Water, at least the version I've heard is really really really weak. Not even worth persuing, I'm not sure why she promoted it on her Instagram account.

Most of the songs are really strong but Holy Water, at least the version I've heard is really really really weak. Not even worth persuing, I'm not sure why she promoted it on her Instagram account.

Don't say that, I can't imagine Holy Water being a week song. I read in the MN forum they describing the song a few months ago, and it seemed  to me a really strong song.