Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Yes, maybe you're right guys. It's so easy to expect perfection loool! Well, it is pretty close to perfect!

I dont really expect perfection for Madonna products anymore, ever since S&S live, Celebration, MDNA, MDNA Tour... i mean. Sadly I've come to expect flawed quality at times. i'm just glad the album sounds really good, unlike MDNA. So yes, it's ok to point out flaws, but i can't complain too much when it could've been much worse. I also think some people are seeing flaws where there aren't any like the mic at the beggining of Ghosttown, the distorted drums on Inside out... complainin about that is like complainin about Oh Father being in black and white. 

Just bought Rebel Heart Deluxe....is the Super Deluxe really only available if you order it?Has anyone seen it available in any music store? I'm in Australia btw!

You may want to check, but I read that JB HiFi in Australia will carry the super deluxe in stores starting March 10th.

I know we shouldn't care about charts, but as if Madonna hasn't suffered enough this album era, this iTunes rule change is shit for her.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6487769/apple-itunes-store-concerns-changes

The latest move inside iTunes addresses how pre-orders are counted. Previously, pre-orders impacted the store chart as the orders came in, as well as the day of the release, when those orders were fulfilled to customers. That usually meant a title with a large amount of preorders would be assured the No. 1 slot on the day of release, an effective marketing tool for labels which allowed them to bring attention to the album's availability by touting its No. 1 spot in the iTunes chart.

However, in the new configuration, all pre-orders are wiped clean as the clock strikes midnight on the day of the release. Consequently, that title's chart position is determined by what new sales activity takes place on the first day of its release, not all the activity it had generated through pre-orders. This move cuts down chances of landing the No. 1 spot, as the new release will have to get there solely through new purchases on the day of release.

You may want to check, but I read that JB HiFi in Australia will carry the super deluxe in stores starting March 10th.

Thank you. I asked one of the staff, he said "everyone is asking that". So hopefully the 10th then, he didn't mention that, but will check next week.

I know we shouldn't care about charts, but as if Madonna hasn't suffered enough this album era, this iTunes rule change is shit for her.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6487769/apple-itunes-store-concerns-changes

The latest move inside iTunes addresses how pre-orders are counted. Previously, pre-orders impacted the store chart as the orders came in, as well as the day of the release, when those orders were fulfilled to customers. That usually meant a title with a large amount of preorders would be assured the No. 1 slot on the day of release, an effective marketing tool for labels which allowed them to bring attention to the album's availability by touting its No. 1 spot in the iTunes chart.

However, in the new configuration, all pre-orders are wiped clean as the clock strikes midnight on the day of the release. Consequently, that title's chart position is determined by what new sales activity takes place on the first day of its release, not all the activity it had generated through pre-orders. This move cuts down chances of landing the No. 1 spot, as the new release will have to get there solely through new purchases on the day of release.

ahh great. I just hope Rebel Heart will be number 1. How likely is it?

People are saying it's #13 in Australian iTunes.  Get ready for the wave of people saying she's flopped before the sales are even counted.

The iTunes pre-order didn't do very well, am I right? and now this change on the charts... I wish someone would clear it all up lol

I'm thankful we don't have anything like the pitched and autotuned mess that was the album version of Love Spent.  Everything on RH is listenable, if not perfect to some people's ears.

I blame Orbit for that (and Madonna for not singing it again lol)--I also hate the cheap Melodyne-d backvocals in Falling Free.

Because people like to be picky and pretend to know better.As long as they will listen to music on bad speakers or with lame headphones such as Beats, they will complain about "mastering" like they have no clue.

You're kidding right?!! I've got superb sound playing though uDac in which you can hear every little thing, right or wrong, and it's easier to pick up on stuff.....