Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I just think the concept is bland. I mean "Let's think of something rebellious: hm... swords, nails, blood... yes, a heart, a real heart is GOOD, ok. Done".

That's how it looks and feels. But it's ok. I just expected something more with M talking so much abour art and Basquiat and Francis Bacon etc...

(sorry! :kissy: )

And the catholic imagery references are really old now. They were much more provocative and tongue-in-cheek on LAP, here it looks like she is taking herself far too seriously. I mean, Joan of Arc...

Maybe it'll grow on me with the videos and singles, I have to see it for real before I'm sure of what I think of it.

That's exactly how I feel too: Why all this Catholic martyr imaginary? It's just too much. The content of RH isn't scandalous.

Right.

The heart and blood symbols are too Gaga for me.

The graphic design reminds me of 1990's grunge style, which has nothing to do with RH. It also feels like a transposition of Erotica's blue design in red.

And the catholic imagery references are really old now. They were much more provocative and tongue-in-cheek on LAP, here it looks like she is taking herself far too seriously. I mean, Joan of Arc = a Game Of Thrones cosplay competition ?

Maybe it'll grow on me with the videos and singles, I have to see it for real before I'm sure of what I think of it.

I love your description you must become a critic  :angel:  :lol:

I really like it, it's striking, visual, powerful... I don't need lyrics, I don't need credits... I just wanted pics so it's perfect for me. Plus I also love that font!! I'm only missing another booklet with some more pics in the superdeluxe, and the songs in the back cover should be written in the same font as the inside booklet. But that's just my opinion. Overall, I really like them. So happy the bonus cd of the FNAC edition comes in a cardsleeve and not just inside the same case!!! I can't wait to get my copies!!!!!!.

The booklet is ok. Tired of her using the same pics for everything. The Roloing Stone cover is the same pic in booklet. Couldn't they shoot more pics? Lazy.

They most likely shot more pics, cf. 2012 and the MDNA sessions.

We've actually had far more pics this year than we had 3 years ago, I think there's absolutely nothing to complain about this time.

Right.

The heart and blood symbols are too Gaga for me.

The graphic design reminds me of 1990's grunge style, which has nothing to do with RH. It also feels like a transposition of Erotica's blue design in red.

And the catholic imagery references are really old now. They were much more provocative and tongue-in-cheek on LAP, here it looks like she is taking herself far too seriously. I mean, Joan of Arc = a Game Of Thrones cosplay competition ?

What about the cowgirl on MUSIC?

And the disco diva on COAD?

And last but not least, the military girl on AL?

C'mon you guys...stop complaining. She always plays a persona in her albuns.

This is perfect, it's a mix of LAP, Erotica and Bedtime Stories.

Just remember the HC and MDNA artwork. Too boring and repetitive!