Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

exactly. This year Billboard changed its rules. Pre-orders won't count...

Pre-orders will still count for Billboard and Soundscan charts for sales.  It's Apple who changed its policy.  It just won't count for iTunes, so if people don't buy on release day, it won't be bumped to the top of the iTunes charts.  That means the general public or more casual fans who are living under a rock might not know that Madonna has a new album out.

Pre-orders will still count for Billboard and Soundscan charts for sales.  It's Apple who changed its policy.  It just won't count for iTunes, so if people don't buy on release day, it won't be bumped to the top of the iTunes charts.  That means the general public or more casual fans who are living under a rock might not know that Madonna has a new album out.

ohh ok. I thought they werent gonna count for BB... then thats good news. :)

^ true but the album is basically guaranteed a #1 debut, I mean a LOW estimation would be 70,000 on pre sales plus physical salesIt's a lockAnd the album already hit #1 on Itunes US and 46 other countries

It's likely but nothing is ever a lock.  If everyone thinks the same and no one goes out to buy, then there will only be the pre-sales...

The #1 on iTunes was great, but it was months ago for only a few hours/days and the general public has forgotten all about the album release by now.

Plus, I hope Kanye won't pull a douche move and surprise release his album this week.

Kanye is a producer on RH and friend of Madonna's, why the hell would he do that?Fighter, her competition is pretty weak Luke Bryant with an EP and the Empire soundtrack

Many people are "friends" of Kanye's, yet he only ever seems to speak up for himself and Beyonce.  :lol:  I hope he won't, but I wouldn't put anything past him either.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/new_album_releases

Luke Bryan is not that weak a competition.  You never know with the country crowd.  :Madonna021:  I just wouldn't take anything for granted regarding a #1 for Madonna.

^ his last EP released last year, debuted at #2 with 74,000 copies soldThat's about the PRE ORDER sales for RH alone in the USAnd Kanye's last album didn't do well on the charts at all, worse than MDNAWhy not enjoy the music and her continued success?There was one guy who used to post at another forum who SWORE Kelly Clarkson would debut at #1 and block Madonna, KC's original release date was March 10th, from #1Now she's only headed towards a 75-85,000 debutBy the way, I think RH will have a 150-200,000 debut on the charts

Um, we all enjoy Madonna's music and her success.  It's too early to count the chickens though and I'm just saying not to assume that anything can be taken for granted.

In case you haven't noticed, Kanye has pretty much been an industry pariah since his Taylor Swift bashing in 2009.  Now they're reconciled and best buddies, so he's starting to get noticed for his music again.

I see that Luke Bryan person sold way more than Madonna on his last release. damn it. Now im really worried. [/quot

That was his last studio album, he's releasing an EP his sixth one

His last. Spring Break EP released the same time last year opened with 74,000 copies sold.

It's like your purposely trying to create drama for no reason, I mean first you FALSELY state that Billboard isn't counting pre orders and now this.

No offense if that's not the case

Also, December pre-orders are great, but they really mean nothing.  Pre-order is not a completed sale.  Many people have canceled the iTunes pre-order with the release of other editions, ordered international versions, etc.  It's not a given.

That was his last studio album, he's releasing an EP his sixth oneHis last. Spring Break EP released the same time last year opened with 74,000 copies sold.It's like your purposely trying to create drama for no reason, I mean first you FALSELY state that Billboard isn't counting pre orders and now this.No offense if that's not the case

oh ok. I dont even know this Luke Bryan person, nor wether he is releasing an EP or full album, so...

Why would an incorrect statement I make create drama? the last thing I wish is to deal with children creating petty dramas on my own forum. 

Actually devilpray, I think that MDNA's opening week was Much higher than what was projectedFans everywhere on every Madonna forum SWORE that she wouldn't touch HC's first week numbers, since she didn't have a huge hiy single like 4M with MDNABut that second week drop..