Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Ain't nobody spending 18 months filming a movie! Nobody has the budget or the patience for that. It'll be a tightly scheduled 3 months of principal filming. Beyond that, they'd just be haemorrhaging money.

You are aware that a FILMS entire production ENTIRE production could be at LEAST a year and at MOST THREE! and post pandemic typically a films production is 18 months 

As for those saying 3 months and done?! No way these days it'll take longer sets need to be build, effects do get added into films especially these days to save time and edits, the entire film needs to be cast choreographed music need to be recorded etc ....then a edit will be shopped around and given verdict ....then if not gone down well reshoots will be demanded slight or extensive 

With Madonna's track record ....it'll likely be more than a first draft and done ....A24 ironically would be best case scenario with their "artsy drama" style but oh my days this is going to take a while 

If this is THE focus we won't be seeing her entertained the studio earlier than 2026 for new music and that's a huge IF. 

for biopics it feels like Madonna's a few years too late....a limited series would be excellent 

17 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

You are aware that a FILMS entire production ENTIRE production could be at LEAST a year and at MOST THREE! and post pandemic typically a films production is 18 months 

As for those saying 3 months and done?! No way these days it'll take longer sets need to be build, effects do get added into films especially these days to save time and edits, the entire film needs to be cast choreographed music need to be recorded etc ....then a edit will be shopped around and given verdict ....then if not gone down well reshoots will be demanded slight or extensive 

With Madonna's track record ....it'll likely be more than a first draft and done ....A24 ironically would be best case scenario with their "artsy drama" style but oh my days this is going to take a while 

If this is THE focus we won't be seeing her entertained the studio earlier than 2026 for new music and that's a huge IF. 

for biopics it feels like Madonna's a few years too late....a limited series would be excellent 

He said, "no one is going to spend 18 months filming a biopic".  The key word is "filming".  Of course most movies, take up to a year or two to make.  No one isn't denying that, but there is a lot of pre-production and post-production that goes into films. But this isn't going to monopolize all of Madonna's time.  That work can be easily delegated without her.

The thing is; a script hasn't even been finished or approved. There is no way they will be able to get that script written and approved and start filming any time this year.  Also, Madonna isn't gonna spend every waking hour just working on this script.  She knows how to multi-task.  She's been doing this for years.  She's made films in the past and recorded albums all at the same time, as far back as the 80's. Certainly, she has time to pop into the studio many times by the end of this year.  In fact, I can see that happening, when and if she finally finishes the script for her biopic. There are a lot of pre-production things that can happen without her, unless you think she's actually building the sets herself, etc.  LOL! 

Anyway, we're all just speculating.  But let's not act like it's out of the question for her to punch out a new album by the end of this year for a 2025 release.  It's not impossible.  Now if she had a script written and approved already, then I would definitely agree the film could possibly start as early as this fall, but that isn't the case as we know it.

8 minutes ago, Adonna said:

He said, "no one is going to spend 18 months filming a biopic".  The key word is "filming".  Of course most movies, take up to a year or two to make.  No one isn't denying that, but there is a lot of pre-production and post-production that goes into films. But this isn't going to monopolize all of Madonna's time.  That work can be easily delegated without her.

The thing is; a script hasn't even been finished or approved. There is no way they will be able to get that script written and approved and start filming any time this year.  Also, Madonna isn't gonna spend every waking hour just working on this script.  She knows how to multi-task.  She's been doing this for years.  She's made films in the past and recorded albums all at the same time, as far back as the 80's. Certainly, she has time to pop into the studio many times by the end of this year.  In fact, I can see that happening, when and if she finally finishes the script for her biopic. There are a lot of pre-production things that can happen without her, unless you think she's actually building the sets herself, etc.  LOL! 

Anyway, we're all just speculating.  But let's not act like it's out of the question for her to punch out a new album by the end of this year for a 2025 release.  It's not impossible.  Now if she had a script written and approved already, then I would definitely agree the film could possibly start as early as this fall, but that isn't the case as we know it.

Let's be REALISTIC though ....she's doing her BIOPIC ...her story she literally is going to be making sure everything is in place and done this will literally be her passion project for the next three years ..   ....I'm not saying she won't record during the biopic lifetime but 

She's approaching 70 , she had a NDE a year ago! And physically has had such a scare ...it really is much as we all wish she released more albums we want them of a great quality ....hard Candy was made when making a film as was Mdna ... Both are ...let's be kind, mixed in the fandom ...I don't think we want her next album after 5 years and counting to be mixed 

4 hours ago, Adonna said:

…But this a Madonna Biopic. It won't need a lot of fancy effects.

Neither did her latest concert films but look what we got :lol:  

If she just handed her script to filmmakers then there could be a fairly quick turnaround but she’s not so I’m expecting a lot of time in post production.  Maybe not with effects but I’m sure she’ll find other ways to drag the process out. 

Would she release an album with no tour attached to it? Because I can’t see her touring any time soon? 

11 minutes ago, Daxkoba said:

But an energetic concert film can be different from a biopic. 

If she just handed her script to filmmakers then there could be a fairly quick turnaround but she’s not so I’m expecting a lot of time in post production.  Maybe not with effects but I’m sure she’ll find other ways to drag the process out. 

The film company backing her will set a time frame as they will definitely want to set a release date ASAP. Many times this is done before a film starts filming. They aren't gonna let her drag it out.  I think some here are underestimating her professionalism here.  If I recall correctly she didn't drag anything out with W.E.

Would she release an album with no tour attached to it? Because I can’t see her touring any time soon? 

Again, it all depends on the timing of things.  If the album isn't released until the fall of 2025, then she would have plenty of time to make the film in the first half of 2025. Possibly tour in 2026. 

But again, the script isn't even finished, and I expect there will be additional re-writes (like most films do) before a green light is given to film.

33 minutes ago, Daxkoba said:

Thanks mate glad you get and understand what I'm saying 

Madonna will not be releasing a new album anytime soon ....she's literally done until she has something to say or push out there, the closest we will get is her anniversary remasters of albums and things which she SHOULDVE done with her debut to finally get it to number 1 worldwide like it deserves to be ! In so many ways deserves to be 

But besides that she knows the market is so busy and she's given us 45 years of material to enjoy so like we are fine for a while yet ....I do think before she's 70 she will serve a album to coincide with the biopic right after 

3 hours ago, Adonna said:

No one isn't denying that, but there is a lot of pre-production and post-production that goes into films. But this isn't going to monopolize all of Madonna's time.  That work can be easily delegated without her.

The thing is a script hasn't even been finished or approved. There is no way they will be able to get that script written and approved and start filming any time this year.  Also, Madonna isn't gonna spend every waking hour just working on this script.  She knows how to multi-task.  She's been doing this for years.  She's made films in the past and recorded albums all at the same time, as far back as the 80's. Certainly, she has time to pop into the studio many times by the end of this year. 

I thought that we got the news she was back working on the biopic (before her catastrophic Instagram confirmation post) by an article wich reported that she confirmed the wrong actress for the role and she'll start filming in not more than one year. That's why I wrote before or after summer 25. About the postproduction timing, I honestly think she'll be involved a lot if she really's gonna direct the movie herself, but of course she could take one or two weeks in the pauses between different phases of the movie production to get in the studio and produce new songs. Said that, I'm one of those people who are sure she already have some stuff, maybe some demo recordings or at least songs already written. So techinically she could manage to release a record in late 2025, early 2026.

The reason why I doubt she'll do it with the biopic going on is that she needs time and energies to promote an album if she does it, video shooting, image creation, making even just a few tv interviews or at least a pair of performances. At the same time I don't think the movie will go on for 3 and a half more years, being released in 2027 (come on: 24, 25, 26, 27, they're not writing a new script, they are working to improve something they already have). So my prediction is the movie going out in 2026 with the new album ... and it's still about TWO YEARS FROM NOW  :Madonna023:

We need leaks.

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

I thought that we got the news she was back working on the biopic (before her catastrophic Instagram confirmation post) by an article wich reported that she confirmed the wrong actress for the role and she'll start filming in not more than one year. That's why I wrote before or after summer 25. About the postproduction timing, I honestly think she'll be involved a lot if she really's gonna direct the movie herself, but of course she could take one or two weeks in the pauses between different phases of the movie production to get in the studio and produce new songs. Said that, I'm one of those people who are sure she already have some stuff, maybe some demo recordings or at least songs already written. So techinically she could manage to release a record in late 2025, early 2026.

The reason why I doubt she'll do it with the biopic going on is that she needs time and energies to promote it, video shooting, image creation, making even just a few tv interviews or at least a pair of performances. At the same time I don't think the movie will go on for 3 and a half more years, being released in 2027 (come on: 24, 25, 26, 27, they're not writing a new script, they are working to improve something they already have). So my prediction is the movie going out in 2026 with the new album ... and it's still about TWO YEARS FROM NOW  :Madonna023:

Thing is as fans ....she's nearly 66 loads of artists have tragically not made it to 50, or 40 or made a success past their 3rd album 

Yet we have Madonna just had a successful tour 5 years after a successful 14th studio album(17 if you count Who's that Girl, I'm Breathless, Something to Remember as separate projects too) in her 60s....where's her peers?! Seriously it's crazy to dare think about ....much as we all wish and would love if every 18 months she dropped new albums and visuals and get them to number 1 she's got so many it only adds more weight to her strengths as a legend in the arts ....one day she will put it out there but only when the demand is there

12 minutes ago, stefo said:

The reason why I doubt she'll do it with the biopic going on is that she needs time and energies to promote it, video shooting, image creation, making even just a few tv interviews or at least a pair of performances. At the same time I don't think the movie will go on for 3 and a half more years, being released in 2027 (come on: 24, 25, 26, 27, they're not writing a new script, they are working to improve something they already have). So my prediction is the movie going out in 2026 with the new album ... and it's still about TWO YEARS FROM NOW  :Madonna023:

We need leaks.

Yeah, I'm not even completely convinced she'll be ready to  film the Biopic even next year.  Though, I am sure she hopes to be. Anyway, I'm pretty confident a new album will come by next year.  Even if the film gets going past the script, she is good at multi-tasking.  I agree she will be very involved in the post production, but being it is a Biopic, it will be easier to edit, rather it being something that requires a lot of special effects, etc. 

27 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Thing is as fans ....she's nearly 66 loads of artists have tragically not made it to 50, or 40 or made a success past their 3rd album 

Yet we have Madonna just had a successful tour 5 years after a successful 14th studio album(17 if you count Who's that Girl, I'm Breathless, Something to Remember as separate projects too) in her 60s....where's her peers?! Seriously it's crazy to dare think about ....much as we all wish and would love if every 18 months she dropped new albums and visuals and get them to number 1 she's got so many it only adds more weight to her strengths as a legend in the arts ....one day she will put it out there but only when the demand is there

The demand is at its highest level right now 

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

The best chance she’s got to get any new music heard is to tie it to the biopic

She just had a very successful tour without investing in any new material so I think she could get sometime in between new music and accompanying tour. 

We aren’t in the “the Uber successful new single” is filling those seats time anymore, but her name and extraordinarily recent repositioning of her extraordinary performance abilities 

7 minutes ago, NRMX said:

The demand is at its highest level right now 

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

As fans we will always want it ....but right now the I dustry has so many female artists putting music out it's like overcrowding because each one blurs into the next Billie Eilish stands out best though out of them all because the sound is so distinctive 

Arianna Grand feels like a lifetime ago when she released hers not 4 months! You know?! Now we have Katy Perry and Gaga coming up ....Madonna can build a bit more I think to really get demand levels higher right now she's just finished a tour so the buzz is starting to mount ....I reckon by end of 2025 after the tour film is out and biopic starts production fully that's when people will be wanting new music 

12 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

As fans we will always want it ....but right now the I dustry has so many female artists putting music out it's like overcrowding because each one blurs into the next Billie Eilish stands out best though out of them all because the sound is so distinctive 

Arianna Grand feels like a lifetime ago when she released hers not 4 months! You know?! Now we have Katy Perry and Gaga coming up ....Madonna can build a bit more I think to really get demand levels higher right now she's just finished a tour so the buzz is starting to mount ....I reckon by end of 2025 after the tour film is out and biopic starts production fully that's when people will be wanting new music 

I hear what you are saying but Madonna is past her novelty phase as a music product a very long time ago.

She's on the loyalty-advocacy stage of a brand if we do a comparison with her “shelf life” and relationship with the consumer, she’s had the best press in years, everyone seems to love her right now, but well hopefully this good will wave we gave right now will continue with the biopic…

If Ariana or anyone else feels like a lifetime away it’s because how we operate as consumers nowadays, and it’s going to get even faster and less relevant. If you are interested in this concept read the works of Zigmunt Bauman about liquid and solid society, very very interesting.

Of course we all want a number 1 album once all over again but the lasting impact of the artist product has much less to do with other artists endeavors than the speed of how we consume everything as a society

1 hour ago, NRMX said:

I hear what you are saying but Madonna is past her novelty phase as a music product a very long time ago.

She's on the loyalty-advocacy stage of a brand if we do a comparison with her “shelf life” and relationship with the consumer, she’s had the best press in years, everyone seems to love her right now, but well hopefully this good will wave we gave right now will continue with the biopic…

If Ariana or anyone else feels like a lifetime away it’s because how we operate as consumers nowadays, and it’s going to get even faster and less relevant. If you are interested in this concept read the works of Zigmunt Bauman about liquid and solid society, very very interesting.

Of course we all want a number 1 album once all over again but the lasting impact of the artist product has much less to do with other artists endeavors than the speed of how we consume everything as a society

Totally with you.  We live in a society where things are put out to pasture the moment it becomes popular. No one wants to savor anything anymore.  Back in the day, Madonna and other artists could release a single, and it would be three or more months before a new single would be released.  Most songs didn't debut as high as some songs do now.  They took time to dominate the charts.  In many cases, artists could release numerous singles even after the album was released and watch them soar for several months. These days, songs and albums are released and maybe for a week or two they are dominating the charts and then they free fall.  Yes, we have a few artists out there who still can maintain longevity with songs and albums, but even then, the songs and albums just doesn't resonate with people for any length of time.  Just look at the "singles digital/streaming" thread we have in this forum. The moment one song is finally offered on streaming/digital platforms, fans are already asking "what's next?"  No one savors and enjoys things as much anymore.  Quickly discarded for the next new thing. 

In regards to new music from Madonna, it will never reach the heights and success as her past.  Whatever she does, will be quickly dismissed and no matter how much she tries to promote it or put some money behind it, it won't achieve top 40 levels of the past.  I've come to terms that she will never have another #1 single or top 40 song. It's just not realistic.  If it ever does happen again, I will be very happy. And of course, I will always be rooting for her to succeed.  However, I am not going to compare her to anyone younger today who will have better appeal to how music is consumed.  Madonna had her day.  It's time we accept that.  It's time to accept that she isn't going to release her music in the same way or manner as she use to.  She will probably always tie herself to a product or another artist in hopes to gain some attention for any new music that comes along the way.  I may not necessarily like who she may team up with, but as stated, she has nothing else to prove. She's had her day at the top, and it's been a ride. Some of the artists today could only wish they had the same sort of success she's had.  She is one of the last active iconic pop stars of her generation.  No one today can rise to the level of success she has had in the past.  The closest we've come to it is with Taylor Swift.  Whatever any one of us thinks of her, she's proven to have staying power.  Doesn't matter how she got there. She's still on top of her game and she has millions of fans. But this isn't about Taylor. This is about Madonna and how she will never be out of ear shot of the public. She will always come back swinging and you can bet, she'll be releasing new music very soon. :luv:

I really doubt she's just getting back to the biopic. There's SO many things to get a film made and alot that she doesn't even need to be involved with that could've been done while she was on tour. She could've easily been doing zoom casting for other roles in the film. She was already location scouting a few years ago too so it would just be permits etc. If she has a great costume designer it's even easier especially if she works with Arriane Philips again. So much of the boring stuff could have already been handled while she was on tour and we wouldn't have been aware. As for the script, I'm sure its done and those revisions have already been submitted. I wouldn't doubt if next month or September we get a press release or something. Julia is also a busy actress so there is a time frame. The studio also doesnt just let a director take their own sweet time. Once the ball gets rolling, it will be rolling! Its also not gonna be the same as her tour releases. Would not be surprised if in a year from now we get a teaser trailer with an xmas or early 2026 release. I have faith in this project and Julia Garner is quite literally a beloved award winning actress that has yet to break in film. We as fans just gotta have faith and trust the process. 

Some fans which saw these photos are looking forward and saying to Madonna will make a new album or this is for new secret project but my advice for those fans is "lower your expectation". It could be just a photos for The Celebration Tour DVD/Blu-ray.

I can’t see a new album anytime soon. My thought is the reissues will start this year and keep up topped up while she focuses on the film.  I hope If and when the film gets released there maybe new songs attached to the soundtrack . Otherwise it’s just gonna seem like another greatest hits album to me…and we’ve just had a re issue of celebration. 

Does she even have a recording contract ? 

If i remember well she recorded MDNA first and we had news about the recording/distribution contract like a month or two before its release when we all thought it was already part of the 360 deal.

So who knows ? But Guy O. and Madonna made an official announcement she was making a new record before going into the studio for mdna....she rarely/never not spills the beans when she's working on something wether it's a record, a performance etc....

If it's really gonna take this long for this movie to be made and edited, then i hope it's worth It. I want CGI like a Marvel movie and a lot of exageration, literally a fanfiction. Fuck the accurate biography, i wanna see Madonna taking off like Superman saying "the gays need me" when going to the studio to record COADF.

25 minutes ago, Andreo said:

If it's really gonna take this long for this movie to be made and edited, then i hope it's worth It. I want CGI like a Marvel movie and a lot of exageration, literally a fanfiction. Fuck the accurate biography, i wanna see Madonna taking off like Superman saying "the gays need me" when going to the studio to record COADF.

Something like this? 
IMG-9088.jpg 

Or like this? 
IMG-9087.jpg 

The real problem with the timing here is honestly that, specifically ABOUT PROPOSING NEW MUSICAL PROJECTS, at this point age matters guys. That's all. Dedicating two or three more years to a movie neither her entire fandom is insterested about is a choice I respect but wich risks to penalize part of her audience. It is definitely her right to do so of course and I agree she doesn't have to care that much about keeping the general public interest high as a young teens pop singer, she is in another league since at least two decades imo (the Rio effect was a huge opportunity if she wanted to try to get one more chart opportunity, even just one good summer single, she chose not to try it and that's ok), BUT it's a pity for too many of us: releasing a record at 66 is different than at 70 under many pints of view (and let's not start with absurd parallels, also for Cher, who doesn't make real original music records since 2013). Just saying that. 

Yeah I mean ironically the past 16 years she's only done 4 albums when she easily could have done Mdna two years earlier, had rebel heart spread across three albums 2012/14/16 then Madame X and could've had another in the 2020s ahead of this tour ....could've been 7 albums between then and now but alas it is what it is and we accept what we are given naturally it all it and it can't be helped ...we all want more because we know what she's been capable of before when effort is put in her eras are second to none other 

13 hours ago, I am madonna said:

Some fans which saw these photos are looking forward and saying to Madonna will make a new album or this is for new secret project but my advice for those fans is "lower your expectation". It could be just a photos for The Celebration Tour DVD/Blu-ray.

Most of her post-tour "photoshoots" for IG were shot around her home both in NY and now London...likely when she's bored at 1AM and just pull in people on her payroll i.e. hair.make up, and her "in house photographer" to strike a few pose, there is nothing more to it. 

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Does she even have a recording contract ? 

If i remember well she recorded MDNA first and we had news about the recording/distribution contract like a month or two before its release when we all thought it was already part of the 360 deal.

So who knows ? But Guy O. and Madonna made an official announcement she was making a new record before going into the studio for mdna....she rarely/never not spills the beans when she's working on something wether it's a record, a performance etc....

Warner will most likely be the parent distributor of whatever she releases whether it's the audio to Celebration Tour film and/or a new album. They've distributed the MX TOUR Experience album as well as FEL, Frozen mixes, Hung up with Tokischa and Material Gworrlllll releases. 

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Warner will most likely be the parent distributor of whatever she releases whether it's the audio to Celebration Tour film and/or a new album. They've distributed the MX TOUR Experience album as well as FEL, Frozen mixes, Hung up with Tokischa and Material Gworrlllll releases. 

Yeah I thought that was why she signed back with Warner so they can curate her legacy stuff and so she has free reign to record new music with them whenever she wants