Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

18 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

They could have used Love Makes The World Go Round as b-side as well.

They used I know it cause it’s a solo Madonna write so she gets fifty percent of the royalities straight off. The twelve inch was oddly backed with Love Don’t Live Here Anymore which was a cover so they gave those rights away. Very odd choice 

53 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She ain’t do extended versions for ballads. Live to tell, Crazy For You didn’t receive either. 
Should have been a double A with Can’t Stop but the soundtrack sales may have suffered. 

RE: Live to Tell.  I'm a little surprised they didn't have an extended version of Live to Tell, being the instrumentation is overly extended in AT CLOSE RANGE.  It would have been very easy to add an extended instrumentation to the song to make it a "extended mix".  Though, I suspect there may have been some legalities to it being it's part of a film, so that's why they didn't.

6 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Can I ask?  Where are you finding these?  Because you've posted other playlists with her songs that aren't listed on her Spotify page?  I guess I am trying to understand where you are going to find these playlist that don't exist on her pages?  I checked her Spotify and do not find this one song alone on any playlist under "singles/ep" or albums, etc?

4 minutes ago, Donna said:

Can I ask?  Where are you finding these?  Because you've posted other playlists with her songs that aren't listed on her Spotify page?  I guess I am trying to understand where you are going to find these playlist that don't exist on her pages?  I checked her Spotify and do not find this one song alone on any playlist under "singles/ep" or albums, etc?

I think the user is just importing local files into Spotify but its confusing when we're looking at the actual digital catalogue updates haha.

But no shade, I'm pedantic about my library too.

3 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I think the user is just importing local files into Spotify but its confusing when we're looking at the actual digital catalogue updates haha

THANK YOU!  It is confusing. That user is very fixated on anything on Spotify, and while I appreciate anything new added to her Spotify, I don't appreciate some of his posts that mislead and make you think a new single or playlist has been added to her actual Spotify page. For instance, I don't get the purpose in why he posted the True Blue local file.

Just now, BoyToyMark said:

In regards to the Who's That Girl EP, I guess we will know in a few hours whether it'll be updated with the US time-zone.

Otherwise it'll probably be next week. :)

I don't believe it will be because more than not, in the past, the new digital/streaming adds were added when it hit 12 am in other regions first.   We always knew it was coming before the U.S. Spotify platform was updated.   Ask yourself, why would they suddenly only update the U.S. region but no other region for this particular song?

6 minutes ago, Donna said:

THANK YOU!  It is confusing. That user is very fixated on anything on Spotify, and while I appreciate anything new added to her Spotify, I don't appreciate some of his posts that mislead and make you think a new single or playlist has been added to her actual Spotify page. For instance, I don't get the purpose in why he posted the True Blue local file.

I think it's the promo edit used in the video?

1 minute ago, Donna said:

I don't believe it will be because more than not, in the past, the new digital/streaming adds were added when it hit 12 am in other regions first.   We always knew it was coming before the U.S. Spotify platform was updated.   Ask yourself, why would they suddenly only update the U.S. region but no other region for this particular song?

Yeah I agree, I think next week too. Just spitballing I guess. 

11 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

In regards to the Who's That Girl EP, I guess we will know in a few hours whether it'll be updated with the US time-zone.

Otherwise it'll probably be next week. :)

This is all new to me. I honestly believed PopJusticers have a tradition of revealing the reissues on streaming when it's 11pm in Auckland, NZ.

And sorry but I didn't know entire 11 hours were just a "few hours."

EDIT: please, beloved BoyToyMark, don't even care to reply me because I see the guy who accused me of derailing Madonna topics is slightly playing the pot calling to your own help, so I don't feel interested anymore to be part to such issue. Will check @Prayer or @Would You Like To Try informing about WTG EP after these 11 hours, thank you very much.

18 minutes ago, Donna said:

This is a official video playlist not available for most countries it's real! Though

Just now, Would You Like To Try said:

This is a official video playlist not available for most countries it's real! Though

But you listed it from a non-official video source. Also, the True Blue link you posted isn't a single and that's what I was referring to when you posted that.  I had thought there was an actual single, when you were just posting a direct link to the song.  I'm still baffled why you posted that since you didn't offer why you did. 

15 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I think it's the promo edit used in the video?

Yeah I agree, I think next week too. Just spitballing I guess. 

Thank you again. Your posts are very helpful. I'm always fascinated in how her official Spotify is updated.  I hope others can see how posting random playlists can confuse some users who aren't so fixated what is added to her Spotify. :)  

1 minute ago, Donna said:

Thank you again. Your posts are very helpful. I'm always fascinated in how her official Spotify is updated.  I hope others can see how posting random playlists can confuse some users who aren't so fixated what is added to her Spotify. :)  

The videos are real though the playlist is a fan comp of all the new video singles uploaded

16 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The videos are real though the playlist is a fan comp of all the new video singles uploaded

Thanks for explaining.  It's probably better to do that than just post random links because I've notice a lot of your posts confuses some in what is actually updated on her Spotify page.

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

They used I know it cause it’s a solo Madonna write so she gets fifty percent of the royalities straight off. The twelve inch was oddly backed with Love Don’t Live Here Anymore which was a cover so they gave those rights away. Very odd choice 

This is the reason why "I Know It", "Think Of Me", etc. appeared as b-sides so many times in the 80s.

Smart queen.