Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 8/6/2024 at 1:19 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

I mean likely that due to the already Silver Screen single mix it will not come but it's better to try

Slightly seperate to this, does anyone know if the album version was ever re-mixed to include the rerecorded second verse? 

Shep's work on the single mix is fantastic anyway. Just more curious.

3 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Slightly seperate to this, does anyone know if the album version was ever re-mixed to include the rerecorded second verse? 

Shep's work on the single mix is fantastic anyway. Just more curious.

I didn't know that she re-recorded vocals for CAC! Any more details on this? Must have a closer listen later...

11 minutes ago, steady75 said:

“Point of view” is sung with different  timing on the two different versions. I wouldn’t say it was a re recording probably just a different take that was used. 

I always  wondered about that and definitely prefer the single version over the album version of this - she also changed cold and warm in live to tell album and single versions too 

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I always  wondered about that and definitely prefer the single version over the album version of this - she also changed cold and warm in live to tell album and single versions too 

Huh?

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

What?

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

I didn't know that she re-recorded vocals for CAC! Any more details on this? Must have a closer listen later...

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

“Point of view” is sung with different  timing on the two different versions. I wouldn’t say it was a re recording probably just a different take that was used. 

Yeah very well may just be a different take. It's just the line, 'you'll see my point of view'

That's whats used on all single mixes. Shep definitely tidies up the production on it.

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

So in live to tell in single version she says “ will they grow cold “ in album version she says warm ? 

What are you smoking? :lol:

It's the exact same vocal on both versions. Aside from the fact that you can hear it clearly, it's also well documented that the take used in the final release was the demo take - she never sang it again according to Leonard. I believe her response to the possibility of re-recording the vocal was "why the fuck would I do that?" :).

57 minutes ago, kesiak said:

What are you smoking? :lol:

It's the exact same vocal on both versions. Aside from the fact that you can hear it clearly, it's also well documented that the take used in the final release was the demo take - she never sang it again according to Leonard. I believe her response to the possibility of re-recording the vocal was "why the fuck would I do that?" :).

and we know this isn't true because the vocal in the stems is a different take :)

I think Patrick Leonard said "Live To Tell" is the original first demo take with some overdubs later?

Maybe they just did another take and chose the best bits from each.

On the Dolby Atmos version you can actually notice some chops and overdubs here and there on her vocal:

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Jesus that sounds horrible. Who the hell mixed this tripe? Lemme guess... Mike Dean on a bong :laughing:

Mike Dean did indeed... but keep in mind the YouTube upload is a mono? stereo? in any case reduced version of the Dolby Atmos mix, to appreciate it in full I think you need to listen to it through Apple Music with proper equipment (headphones with spatial audio option).

So the YouTube upload is not really how it sounds, I think.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Mike Dean did indeed... but keep in mind the YouTube upload is a mono? stereo? in any case reduced version of the Dolby Atmos mix, to appreciate it in full I think you need to listen to it through Apple Music with proper equipment (headphones with spatial audio option).

So the YouTube upload is not really how it sounds, I think.

Yeah fair enough. You kind of wonder why they uploaded it on YouTube then?