Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

Cherish tracklist:

1. 7” Version (4:03)
  2. Extended Version (6:18)
  3. Supernatural (5:12)

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COULD MEAN MY CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ BEAUTY WILL BE DISCONTINUED!!!

FIRST PRE-MADONNA, THEN IGTTYAS, NOW MY BAE WHAT HAS LAUNCHED THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN... I'M IN TEARS...

Let me stream it while I can!

And @luluthecat... You could purr of satisfaction but... this compilation is PURE CATNIP 2 ME!!!

11 hours ago, luluthecat said:

That “compilation” just needs to be DELETED off streaming 

PeriodT!

3 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Maybe Cherish will have the real Fade Version that that is on the Philippines 7"  

Nah girl...they don't ever add local versions on these releases sadly... :cry:

10 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COULD MEAN MY CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ BEAUTY WILL BE DISCONTINUED!!!

FIRST PRE-MADONNA, THEN IGTTYAS, NOW MY BAE WHAT HAS LAUNCHED THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN... I'M IN TEARS...

Let me stream it while I can!

And @luluthecat... You could purr of satisfaction but... this compilation is PURE CATNIP 2 ME!!!

But WHY??? I don't understand the obsession. :seeno:

5 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Boooooo!!! Wouldn't this be LOVELY at your collection? Gimme an honest meow!!!

images-5.jpeg.1a450416a96a1d4ca3643c6d74edab42.jpeg 

https://www.1stopmadonnashop.com/like-a-prayer---30th-anniversary-double-cassette-album-17627-p.asp

Shame it's out of print!!!

That ugly "30" they added that's not even the same font...Oh how lazy this whole thing was! 

Sashay away, LAP 30...

It sucks big time that they’ve skipped Dress You Up.

But at least they are finally giving us Causing a Commotion !

Looking at the discography, I think they should have made the Japanese single of Spotlight with Where’s the Party remix edit an international double A-side. As WtP was on the Blond Ambition setlist,  Madonna obviously thought it was good enough to have been a single. 

I wish they’d done digital alternative versions of all the Warner albums. TB and LAP at least got us some remixes and extended versions (and Supernatural!) on streaming way sooner than the digital singles. We would have had the Dress You Up 12” mix, Ain’t No Big Deal, Let Down Your Guard (??) all much earlier 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Wasn't it confirmed that it was a very good rip from a vinyl?

No. I think that was the Who's That Girl (Dub). The uploader of the DYU Remix Edit, @BuggedOut, didn't remember the source but the volume of it doesn't seem to match the other late 2000s remasters, so it has to be a different source I think.

10 hours ago, Andreo said:

Well, at least LAP 30 gave us Supernatural!

*Crickets and awkward coughing*

I love Supernatural! It's one of my favourite songs from that era!

9 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

We would have had the Dress You Up 12” mix, Ain’t No Big Deal, Let Down Your Guard (??) all much earlier 

I agree. I feel like Dress You Up should've been prioritised and Let Down Your Guard should definitely have been included on the Secret EP.

4 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I love Supernatural! It's one of my favourite songs from that era!

I agree. I feel like Dress You Up should've been prioritised and Let Down Your Guard should definitely have been included on the Secret EP.

To be honest… I wished they had thought about the completeness of these releases beforehand. This whole back and forth between US tracklist only and “ALL VERSIONS INCLUDING PROMO VERSIONS!!!" is so annoying, patchy and inconsistent.

There was absolutely no point to release these stupid True Blue and Like A Prayer releases, especially cause they were seemingly going for all singles on streaming anyway.

You can tell how much they have changed their mind and it seems this torture will go on for another year before we have all her singles uploaded to streaming.

23 minutes ago, MPowered said:

To be honest… I wished they had thought about the completeness of these releases beforehand. This whole back and forth between US tracklist only and “ALL VERSIONS INCLUDING PROMO VERSIONS!!!" is so annoying, patchy and inconsistent.

There was absolutely no point to release these stupid True Blue and Like A Prayer releases, especially cause they were seemingly going for all singles on streaming anyway.

You can tell how much they have changed their mind and it seems this torture will go on for another year before we have all her singles uploaded to streaming.

Yeahhhh I'm sure the reason why they stopped was because of the expanded albums that are coming but since they're taking so long it just feels like a slap in the face. I'm still pissed we didnt get all the Fever remixes! And to add insult to injury, they uploaded the same remix twice under the misprint name!