Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Well the West Argentina region is more close to Chilean way of speaking than the standard "porteño" from Buenos Aires (must explain why she does the Chilean "ya" instead of the porteño "ya").

Who knows?  She sounds great nevertheless.  Such a great song and such a great vocal for the Spanish version.  :luv:

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Imagine having a catalogue so VAST that an incredible hit single like "You'll See" (and many others of hers) are almost forgotten today.

And imagine becoming a new fan and discovering all of it for the first time (actually I did that in 1998 and the following years!).

It's criminal!  It's amazing how I'll Remember and This Used To Be My Playground seems to be completely forgotten by the masses, being both were being #1/top 5 in various countries. 

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Imagine having a catalogue so VAST that an incredible hit single like "You'll See" (and many others of hers) are almost forgotten today.

And imagine becoming a new fan and discovering all of it for the first time (actually I did that in 1998 and the following years!).

I’m totally jealous!

Just a massive amount of great singles, albums, music videos, interviews, etc!

Sadly, most youngsters these days are pummeled with music that lacks melody and real instruments.

7 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I’m totally jealous!

Just a massive amount of great singles, albums, music videos, interviews, etc!

Sadly, most youngsters these days are pummeled with music that lacks melody and real instruments.

Well, some people could say "Madame X" fits that category :Madonna009: (Love that album!)

Discovery all her previous 15 years in 1998 when I became a fan with the "Ray Of Light" album was quite something. Also, there was no YouTube, Internet was early ages (at least in my country)... it was literally discovering album by album, the previous tours, finding old singles on second hand stores, buying unofficial biographies...

Discovering the movies as well... :Madonna003:

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Well, some people could say "Madame X" fits that category :Madonna009: (Love that album!)

Discovery all her previous 15 years in 1998 when I became a fan with the "Ray Of Light" album was quite something. Also, there was no YouTube, Internet was early ages (at least in my country)... it was literally discovering album by album, the previous tours, finding old singles on second hand stores, buying unofficial biographies...

I imagine for a new fan how it can be so overwhelming.  Also, they would have missed out the moments when we older fans experienced it first hand.  It just isn't the same.  I think of the other artists that's been around just as long as Madonna or longer that I really didn't care for, and now am going back to rediscover their catalog and it's just a huge undertaking.  It's fun though. But there will be experiences and things I won't get as first hands saw and experience.  But it's great we have the internet to allow new fans to experience what once was.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Madame X had a lot of instrumentation from different parts of the world, it's not M's fault people only know basic instruments.

In fact I love the guitarra portuguesa at the beginning of Crave, maybe the most Portuguese song from album despite not having a single verse in Portuguese.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

I imagine for a new fan how it can be so overwhelming.  Also, they would have missed out the moments when we older fans experienced it first hand.  It just isn't the same.  I think of the other artists that's been around just as long as Madonna or longer that I really didn't care for, and now am going back to rediscover their catalog and it's just a huge undertaking.  It's fun though. But there will be experiences and things I won't get as first hands saw and experience.  But it's great we have the internet to allow new fans to experience what once was.

As they get older is harder and harder for young people to connect with them, not only because of the age difference, but also the amount of work they already have. Where do you start? It's almost impossible.

I started getting into Prince only around the late 00s and it was and still is, completely overwhelming. At some point I remember I gave up trying to listening to every single thing he did. There are some albums I have never listened to, I think. Of course Prince was a workaholic, but imagine a 18 year old getting into Madonna now. The amount of stuff she has is unbelievable between the albums, the concerts, the music videos, the interviews, the performances, the movies... it's just too much.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

As they get older is harder and harder for young people to connect with them, not only because of the age difference, but also the amount of work they already have. Where do you start? It's almost impossible.

I started getting into Prince only around the late 00s and it was and still is, completely overwhelming. At some point I remember I gave up trying to listening to every single thing he did. There are some albums I have never listened to, I think. Of course Prince was a workaholic, but imagine a 18 year old getting into Madonna now. The amount of stuff she has is unbelievable between the albums, the concerts, the music videos, the interviews, the performances, the movies... it's just too much.

Especially on the same level as we soak in Madonna.  I don't know about you, but since pretty much the beginning, I've pretty much have experienced all the videos, songs, moments, live performances, how the press treated her then, the promotioal spots, the interviews, etc.  I've seen nearly everything she's done and still something pops up that I've totally miss, so imagine just only becoming a fan and just glossing over much of her catalog, yet focus what was actually popular or the hits. 

I'm still baffled how any fan could be a fan since the 90's and still haven't heard some of her album songs or certain videos, etc.  But there are fans out there who haven't. 

1 minute ago, Honey Little said:

Superstar is the most fantastic Madonna song in Brazil. They love it a lot. I would love to hear her sing it in Portuguese.

Dear I just mentioned you a few posts back, get it?

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

@Honey Littleur impressions about this issue since u live in Northeastern Argentina.

And to answer you, it's much likely my people knows You'll See by ear than Superstar, every single hour song airs on some AC Radio from here (as well as Spanish Eyes).

15 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Dear I just mentioned you a few posts back, get it?

And to answer you, it's much likely my people knows You'll See by ear than Superstar, every single hour song airs on some AC Radio from here (as well as Spanish Eyes).

I don’t want to talk about Argentina. Next topic please 

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Dear, Milei could be at this very hour locked at an asylum, but somehow Latin America has the tradition to take people from mental institutions and put them in the president's chair. Typical.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤗thank you for lighting the mood. I can’t stop crying like a snowflake.