MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 hours ago, Adonna said:

A re-issue is a re-issue, no matter what changes and differences it has.  That's just a fact.  You might not like this specific re-issue, but you can't change what it is.  Regarding Madonna not understanding her fans?  Well, I don't know her personally, nor do you. But things like this aren't really all up to her.  The record company has a lot of pull. Some may say, "well, no one does anything without her say", but I don't agree, but even she has had disagreed with the record company.  At the end of the day, if they are making money for her, she really won't have any complaints. To say, she doesn't understand her non gay or non dance fans, seems like a ridiculous thing to point out.  The fact is; many of her fans are "gay".  So of course, she's gonna cater to that base!  At the same time, she is very eclectic and reaches beyond just that base.  This "Silver vinyl" release is just business. Whether you like it or not, it will sell as they expect.  I agree her record company needs to think beyond what's becoming normalize as merchandise being accepted by fans, but I still think that a $30 Vinyl will sell far better than a $300 box set that most likely will be harder to sell.

That's just semantics, not what they alluded to releasing years ago. It is just business as usual copying existing trends for some money and its frustrating watching her squander her history by not maintaining fan bases and engagement, that should be a team effort (multiple teams for different demographics) with constant digital output and multiple small releases a year with nothing to do with Madonna. They could easily do pre order to gauge demand on box set type items

7 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

Not even patchouli scented, someone should be excommunicated!!

Oh, please, no patchouli essence. The first time I bought the vinyl, I didn't know about the patchouli essence, and I went crazy for days trying to figure out where that smell was coming from until I discovered it was the vinyl. I thought it had been stored in a perfumery (I discovered the truth years later thanks to the internet).

35 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

My old cassette I bought in 1990 still vaguely smells like it.

My Lap from 1989 which I bought in a second hand record store in almost mint condition still smells like it. And it sounds vastly better than the 2012/16 re-releases on top of that. 

This just got me thinking that LAP could have been one of the most creative and impressive box sets out of all her albums. The religious imagery, logo, and patchouli scent could have opened so many doors for graphic designers and the marketing team. 

Yet we have a single silver vinyl. 

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

This just got me thinking that LAP could have been one of the most creative and impressive box sets out of all her albums. The religious imagery, logo, and patchouli scent could have opened so many doors for graphic designers and the marketing team. 

It's a non Madonna box sets world and your wallet's lucky to be living in it.

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Here you go:

Green LP 1
Side A
1. Like a Prayer
2. Express Yourself
3. Love Song (with Prince)
4. Till Death Do Us Part
5. Promise to Try

Side B
6. Cherish
7. Dear Jessie
8. Oh Father
9. Keep It Together
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Act of Contrition

Green LP 2
Side C
1. Like a Prayer (7" Version) 5.19
2. Express Yourself (7" Remix) 4:30
3. Cherish (Fade) 4:03
4. Oh Father (7" Edit) 4.20

Side D
5. Dear Jessie (LP Version) 4.20
6. Keep It Together (12" Remix) 7:50
7. Supernatural (Original Arms House Mix) 5:39

CD
1. Like a Prayer
2. Express Yourself
4. Till Death Do Us Part
5. Promise to Try
6. Cherish
7. Dear Jessie
8. Oh Father
9. Keep It Together
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Act of Contrition

Bonus CD

1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Pillow
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Stickers
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Rosary
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Leather Bound Notebook
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Shot Glass
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Patchouli Perfume (5ml)
1 x LAP 1989 Pepsi Can Replica (Does not contain beverage)
1 x LAP Poster
1 x Special code to digital LAP Altar & download LAP 11 tracks digital album
1 x Certificate of authenticity

Retail price: US$ 299.99 / Euro 279.99 / GBP 249.99

First 500 fans who pre-order the boxset will get a limited edition hand-numbered 12" embossed lithograph (LAP cover)

23 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Here you go:

Green LP 1
Side A
1. Like a Prayer
2. Express Yourself
4. Till Death Do Us Part
5. Promise to Try

Side B
6. Cherish
7. Dear Jessie
8. Oh Father
9. Keep It Together
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Act of Contrition

Green LP 2
Side C

Side D

CD
1. Like a Prayer
2. Express Yourself
4. Till Death Do Us Part
5. Promise to Try
6. Cherish
7. Dear Jessie
8. Oh Father
9. Keep It Together
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Act of Contrition

Bonus CD

1 x LAP 35th Anniversary Pillow
1 x LAP 35th Anniversary Stickers
1 x LAP 35th Anniversary Rosary
1 x LAP 35th Anniversary Leather Bound Notebook
1 x LAP 35th Anniversary Shot Glass
1 x LAP 35th Anniversary Patchouli Perfume (5ml)
1 x LAP Poster

First 500 fans who pre-order the boxset will get a limited edition hand-numbered 12" embossed lithograph (LAP cover)

I think the idea of a small bottle of perfume is wonderful, and a nice nod to the original edition. I'd buy it instantly. :)

Cause when they releae the real reissues, I don't think they'll  scent in the vinyls...

LAP and the BA tour are often cited as her most imperial era and yet we’ve had fuck all to celebrate them - no official full BA tour release - music videos never proper remastered and according to bray some wonderful unreleased songs ( first is a kiss ) not to mention some beautiful ritts photo shoots 😥🥰

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

LAP and the BA tour are often cited as her most imperial era and yet we’ve had fuck all to celebrate them - no official full BA tour release - music videos never proper remastered and according to bray some wonderful unreleased songs ( first is a kiss ) not to mention some beautiful ritts photo shoots 😥🥰

Two concerts from BA was officially released on Laserdisc. 

Maybe if they dig deep enough, they can find the masters and remaster them for the deluxe editions. This time on DVD or Blu-Ray, of course  :)

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

Two concerts from BA was officially released on Laserdisc. 

Maybe if they dig deep enough, they can find the masters and remaster them for the deluxe editions. This time on DVD or Blu-Ray, of course  :)

Taking into account what her team is doing the last couple of years, we will get BA LaserDisc re-release and LAP on (silver) MiniDisc, if we are lucky 

8 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Here you go:

Green LP 1
Side A
1. Like a Prayer
2. Express Yourself
4. Till Death Do Us Part
5. Promise to Try

Side B
6. Cherish
7. Dear Jessie
8. Oh Father
9. Keep It Together
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Act of Contrition

Green LP 2
Side C

Side D

CD
1. Like a Prayer
2. Express Yourself
4. Till Death Do Us Part
5. Promise to Try
6. Cherish
7. Dear Jessie
8. Oh Father
9. Keep It Together
10. Spanish Eyes
11. Act of Contrition

Bonus CD

1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Pillow
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Stickers
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Rosary
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Leather Bound Notebook
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Shot Glass
1 x LAP 30th Anniversary Patchouli Perfume (5ml)
1 x LAP Poster

Your hired, love it and its just not that hard to do a quarter of this.

My CD and Album sealed since 1989 still smell amazing.

35 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

The level of amateursim there has reached new heights (and it's beyond my understanding). Pitty to see how they treat the legacy of biggest female popstar at Warner. Sad, just sad... 

IMG_20240725_091740.jpg

Madonna doesn’t seem to mind it. 

42 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

The level of amateursim there has reached new heights (and it's beyond my understanding). Pitty to see how they treat the legacy of biggest female popstar at Warner. Sad, just sad... 

IMG_20240725_091740.jpg

Where is this from?

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

IMG_20240725_091740.jpg

Good 2029 everyone!

8 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Cleary not.. She has been personally curating this for the last 3 years. The exactly right shade of grey for LAP 40th ani in 2024! How lucky we are

I know you are joking, but sometimes there's also an ounce of seriousness in what some say here.  With that being said, I guarantee you that Madonna did nothing other than give the "ok" to re-issue this Silver Vinyl LAP.  It obviously stems from the fact the title song has been used in the Deadpool and Wolverine film.  Any other time, these sort of re-issues are done by artists labels all the time.  Many artists don't even have much of a say.  My guess that since Madonna made a deal with Warner to bring together her whole catalog and curate things from it, we will definitely see an increase of merchandise and standard re-issues, etc., that doesn't necessarily need Madonna's input.  And to be clear, I am fully aware the deal also says she will be at the helm curating things too, but that didn't specify EVERYTHING.  As I and others have expressed before, this deal is BIGGER than just the "expanded/deluxe re-issues" mentioned.  It's all about housing her whole catalog and find new ways to get the public to re-experience it all.   Not only that, to make as much money from it as possible.  You can betcha we're gonna see an increase of merchandise and standard re-issues, especially capitalizing on the trends going on in the music world.  :)

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

What that being said, I guarantee you that Madonna did nothing other than give the "ok" to re-issue this Silver Vinyl LAP.  

As far as I know, Warner doesn’t need Madonna’s permission to release her albums and singles if there are no modifications. That’s why we’ve had so many color vinyl reissues while she wasn’t with Warner.

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

As far as I know, Warner doesn’t need Madonna’s permission to release her albums and singles if there are no modifications. That’s why we’ve had so many color vinyl reissues while she wasn’t with Warner.

Thank you!!  Exactly what I was getting at.  This is why I think we're gonna see more of this and it won't necessarily mean she had anything to do with.  I'm sure that had some leeway before this 2021 deal, but I'm assuming this new deal just open the door wider for them to do more without always seeking her approval.  Or maybe they agreed as a courtesy to give her a heads up or ask her about it.  But yeah, I think a lot of people forget the record label can release a lot of things without the artists approval or input.  It's just we know Madonna is known to push back, and I'm sure Warner knows that, so they probably worked out a compromise.  We need to get pass this idea that this 2021 deal is just about the "expanded re-issues" because it's far bigger than that, and it's obviously going to continue on for some years to come.  We also should keep in mind that the record label is all about making money, so of course they are going to dish out items that some fans will not care for.  :)