MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Doing the deeper cuts for RSD makes sense IMO and give them that 'exclusive and rare' feel, they're not worldwide releases. The proper reissues will be the bigger albums I'm sure, whenever that happens :)

Since they label promo-only stuff and in-house edits as 'unreleased' (see FEL/AL), I don't think it's going to be all unheard, but let's see!

wait so it says Includes six previously unreleased demos and mixes.

So two of these we've already had? That's a bit less exciting. Probably Your Honesty & Let Down Your Guard (both hella mid)

Hmm I suppose we'll be waiting til Oct 1st for a track list then eh,

3 minutes ago, luckystar908 said:

Doing the deeper cuts for RSD makes sense IMO and give them that 'exclusive and rare' feel, they're not worldwide releases. The proper reissues will be the bigger albums I'm sure, whenever that happens :)

Since they label promo-only stuff and in-house edits as 'unreleased' (see FEL/AL), I don't think it's going to be all unheard, but let's see!

True. What edits and mixes are we actually missing from the era?

54 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

This is the first time we might get demos released in forever and all I see is complaints over complaints :rip:

Yes but a lot of us don’t have record players so it’s completely pointless if you ask me not to cater to ALL her fanbase and include digital versions too - I don’t want scratchy vinyl rips which of course won’t be allowed to be posted here anyway and let’s face it BS is hardly a landmark album … what’s next . A hard Candy cassette coloured in pink ? 🙄

• Secret - (All Star Edit) - 4:11
  • Secret (Drum Mix) - 6:39
  • Secret - (Some Bizarre Single Mix) - 4:12

• Human Nature - (Howee T Cream Remix Radio Edit) - 4.16
  • Human Nature - (Video Version) 4:30

Human Nature (Human Club Mix) was released but it's not on the Digital EP

That's it isn't it?

8 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes but a lot of us don’t have record players so it’s completely pointless if you ask me not to cater to ALL her fanbase and include digital versions too - I don’t want scratchy vinyl rips which of course won’t be allowed to be posted here anyway and let’s face it BS is hardly a landmark album … what’s next . A hard Candy cassette coloured in pink ? 🙄

Next it's "It's That Girl" cassette... in cassette format xd

I agree the lack of CD companions or at least digital releases is annoying. I understand the exclusive release concept but...

28 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes, you are right. I have no problem with vinyl, but I want the same content available digitally, preferably on CD and then on streaming. I don't understand these 'vinyl exclusive' versions.

Maybe these mixshow vinyls will become the future CD2 on the expanded editions.

32 minutes ago, steady75 said:
  • Secret - (All Star Edit) - 4:11
  • Secret (Drum Mix) - 6:39
  • Secret - (Some Bizarre Single Mix) - 4:12

• Human Nature - (Howee T Cream Remix Radio Edit) - 4.16
  • Human Nature - (Video Version) 4:30

Human Nature (Human Club Mix) was released but it's not on the Digital EP

That's it isn't it?

Plus Junior’s Extended Luscious Club Mix, Junior’s Luscious Dub and Sound Factory Dub

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

One thing to admire in her is how she always finds new ways to troll the fans. Lately: the vinyl only exclusives, the lack of tourbook this time around...

She does that better than anyone else.

I've always had the theory that she hates her fans, and the more she trolls us, the more she enjoys it. I'm not joking.

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I've always had the theory that she hates her fans, and the more she trolls us, the more she enjoys it. I'm not joking.

I wasn't joking either! I think there's definitely an element of that in there (maybe not hating, that's a strong word, but definitely trolling?, and never, never, never give them everything) and probably keeping that "distance" is what has made her to be able to keep her sanity after so many years of being that "Creamy Smooth Pop Icon Goddess" so many people has seen and sees in her.

But whatever! Bring on the "It's That Girl" cassette then! And someone rip it, please xd

If you guys are seated for a vynil with 6 demos that only a few fans on Earth will put their hands on then fine, nothing wrong with that.

But remember that when fans complain that these songs wont be accessible to nobody but the 20 people who bought a limited edition piece. Expecting fans and non not to be bothered by that is simply egoistic ad. We're not in the 80s anymore🚶

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I get your point, but at least this time we might be getting something new and unheard AND in an official way. When people leak tape rips like the Rain Tapes or the Like a Prayer demos, we download them and are grateful (at least I am) we even get to hear them.

19 hours ago, Celebration said:

I'm a bit confused by the choice of name. 

Susan Thomas would fit better for a Like A Virgin release, since that's THE Susan in Desperately Seeking Susan.

The name Susan Thomas is a code name for the artist, Madonna. Naptime is the code name for the release itself, Bedtime Stories.

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I agree with you actually. I don’t want exclusive stuff in inferior vinyl quality with pops and crackles.

But oh well. At least it’s something! Let’s just hope it actually includes unreleased stuff and isn’t just a bunch of new edits of stuff we already have like the American Life one.

9 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I know it's a code name, but it's associated with DSS, ten years before BS. 

It doesn’t mean anything, it’s only a code name they used for Madonna so the info doesn’t leak before the official announcement. They used it for LAP silver vinyl too. It’s not some Taylor Swift secret Easter egg hunt that we’re supposed to discover and dissect the meaning behind.

Maybe releasing demos on vinyl only is her way of appeasing hardcore fans who want these things… but by having them only on physical, (and not digital and streaming), they won’t form part of, or muddy,  her prestige body of work as she envisaged it on the dominant platform of the day. Streaming. Sort of out of sight if you will. 

This is 100% something that I think she would do as a compromise. Plus she gets the FULL and highest payment from physicals. A few thousand streams of an old demo isn’t going to bring home the bacon is it? 
It’s actually clever tbh. If a bit annoying for fans. 

18 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Maybe releasing demos on vinyl only is her way of appeasing hardcore fans who want these things… but by having them only on physical, (and not digital and streaming), they won’t form part of, or muddy,  her prestige body of work as she envisaged it on the dominant platform of the day. Streaming. Sort of out of sight if you will. 

This is 100% something that I think she would do as a compromise. Plus she gets the FULL and highest payment from physicals. A few thousand streams of an old demo isn’t going to bring home the bacon is it? 
It’s actually clever tbh. If a bit annoying for fans. 

This makes total sense. And as a vinyl collector, it works for me! 🤭