MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 long years of this pathetic campaign and NOTHING of worth (forgive me for those who thinks FEL was something). This is the last time I post anything in this topic until anything really happens. I will only come back when we have anything to buy that is really worth it. Another color vinyl, at this point, really looks like a slot machine to me. I still love Madonna, she'll be my forever idol, but, after 3 long years and only pointless releases, this campaign became ridiculous, IMO. PS madonna you were the best of all, if you're reading this forum.

4 hours ago, bstranger said:

3 long years of this pathetic campaign and NOTHING of worth (forgive me for those who thinks FEL was something). This is the last time I post anything in this topic until anything really happens. I will only come back when we have anything to buy that is really worth it. Another color vinyl, at this point, really looks like a slot machine to me. I still love Madonna, she'll be my forever idol, but, after 3 long years and only pointless releases, this campaign became ridiculous, IMO. PS madonna you were the best of all, if you're reading this forum.

Amen 🙏 

On 8/16/2024 at 5:42 PM, wtg1987 said:

maybe its time to close this thread once and for all so we (and especially me) can stop bitching about what a catastrophic let down this has all been ....Number One Horror GIF by lilcozynostril

I seem to remember you saying you won't visit this thread anymore many months ago. You could just... not come in here :handsy:

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

I seem to remember you saying you won't visit this threat anymore many months ago. You could just... not come in here :handsy:

LOL!  I know really!  I don't get why people come in asking to close threads that are still highly active with discussion, just because they aren't interested.  If you're bored or not interested, then just don't comment or come into the thread. There are plenty of us who still like to discuss what's possible and what's still happening regarding Warner.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

I seem to remember you saying you won't visit this threat anymore many months ago. You could just... not come in here :handsy:

8 minutes ago, Adonna said:

LOL!  I know really!  I don't get why people come in asking to close threads that are still highly active with discussion, just because they aren't interested.  If you're bored or not interested, then just don't comment or come into the thread. There are plenty of us who still like to discuss what's possible and what's still happening regarding Warner.

Zig is zigging.

images-7.jpeg.af3f6ea8d19f69954995c9fb6854b433.jpeg 

They live for Nikki Finn delivering personally them a big box set to dozens and dozens of CDs, right @wtg1987???

And we all have our Marina the Mermaid's to eat. So have you all some patience and throw the first stone only if you have never sinned, ok?

I hope you find what you're looking for

If it's mine, walk through the door!!!

Don't waste your time, make up your mind

AND GET INTO THE GROOVE!!!

I think the announcement and preorders going live for LAV40 on her birthday was the last shot here. It would have been a perfect time to market the announcement of the first landmark deluxe set. Sadly, and this is just my opinion, I don’t believe anything of merit is coming now. It’s 12 weeks until the official 40th anniversary of the album. Surely to god, preorders would be out by now. And like some have pointed out, it has been three years since the press release announcing the deal. I am starting to think the only things we will get now are the silver vinyls. 

It baffles me that an artist like Madonna who has so many iconic albums, music videos, live performances and tours, has never been celebrated to the degree it should have been. This anniversary of 40 years is MASSIVE. She’s a living legend. An icon. Yet we’ve had nothing! This deal could have milked the fans. Things like The Virgin Tour and Blond Ambition, which are legendary and iconic have not been reissued since their original releases. It’s a crime! I feel like we were promised so much and have received very little in the grand scheme of things. 

6 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I think the announcement and preorders going live for LAV40 on her birthday was the last shot here. It would have been a perfect time to market the announcement of the first landmark deluxe set. Sadly, and this is just my opinion, I don’t believe anything of merit is coming now. It’s 12 weeks until the official 40th anniversary of the album. Surely to god, preorders would be out by now. And like some have pointed out, it has been three years since the press release announcing the deal. I am starting to think the only things we will get now are the silver vinyls. 

Same. "LAV 40" announced on her birthday was also my last hope.

I've completely checked out from this campaign, if anything comes in the future then we'll see, but I'm not expecting anything anymore, as for the expanded reissues I mean.

2 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Unless they are waiting to start pre-orders when the anniversary rolls around.  A lot of artists have done it that way as well.  I think some fans are putting too much faith on her birth date as a date she's going to unveil something.

Another possibility is that they have physical copies prepared, so they could be waiting closer to the anniversary date to unveil it all.  Also, FEL, all these digital/streaming releases, American Life Mix Show, Silver re-issues, MX Tour audio release all have been part of this deal as well. 

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Unless they are waiting to start pre-orders when the anniversary rolls around.  A lot of artists have done it that way as well.  I think some fans are putting too much faith on her birth date as a date she's going to unveil something.

Another possibility is that they have physical copies prepared, so they could be waiting closer to the anniversary date to unveil it all.  Also, FEL, all these digital/streaming releases, American Life Mix Show, Silver re-issues, MX Tour audio release all have been part of this deal as well. 

I think with the anniversary being in November, they would actually release the reissue then as it’s right near to Christmas, maximising sales. Announcing the set on her birthday would make great marketing sense as a lot of news outlets are reporting on her birthday. That’s my way of thinking anyway. 

I agree, FEL and all of the other things that have been released under the deal so far have been nice. But the real meat and potatoes here is the deluxe expanded sets. That’s where the real content that fans have craved will come from. Remastered albums, remixes, tour films, any unreleased work. 

12 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I think with the anniversary being in November, they would actually release the reissue then as it’s right near to Christmas, maximising sales. Announcing the set on her birthday would make great marketing sense as a lot of news outlets are reporting on her birthday. That’s my way of thinking anyway.

I don't disagree, but they still can maximize on pre-orders during the holidays, even if the content won't be available right away.  But let's see what happens, because there is still time to start pre-orders in the next month or two, only to start delivering the goods by November/December.

A thought I have in mind is that she made a huge impact 40 years ago with the LAV VMA performance. It's possible they are keying in on that date to start things rolling.  I agree that with a PHYSICAL release, it's becoming less and less likely to see anything coming this year, but it's still not impossible, especially if those physical formats are being made as we speak.  

Once November rolls around and nothing comes of the Deluxe Expanded Re-issues, then I'll jump on that band wagon and have no more hope.  I'm still holding out for hope that her team sees the Like a Virgin era as huge landmark moment in her career.  It would be a great way to kick off the Deluxe Expanded Re-issues.  :party:

I agree, FEL and all of the other things that have been released under the deal so far have been nice. But the real meat and potatoes here is the deluxe expanded sets. That’s where the real content that fans have craved will come from. Remastered albums, remixes, tour films, any unreleased work. 

Yes, I agree many fans have latched on that significant part of the deal.  I can understand why.  Still, there are some who just discount those other releases and say NOTHING has come of the deal, which is just totally not true.  But it is what it is!   :)

I’m curious, for years now I see fans get excited for potential releases and surprises on her birthday. But I feel like more often or not she doesn’t do that… does anyone know off hand or have a list of all the announcements she’s made for projects or releases that have actually come out on her birthday?

Perhaps I’m forgetting some big ones or just uninformed, but I feel like it’s kinda rare. Yet everyone expects something each year and then gets disappointed. So was just wondering - thanks!

24 minutes ago, Adonna said:

A thought I have in mind is that she made a huge impact 40 years ago with the LAV VMA performance. It's possible they are keying in on that date to start things rolling. 

Came here to say exactly this... 13th September would mark 40 years since she made her "star status" legendary performance at the MTV Awards.. it feels like that was the real launch of Madonna mania, a Virgin performance, so much could be made of that..  eg a wedding anniversary theme...so it would seem extremely fitting to announce reissues then...

Edited by mattchewd (see edit history)

Just now, mattchewd said:

Came here to say exactly this... 13th September would mark 40 years since she made her "star status" legendary performance at the MTV Awards  so it would seem extremely fitting to announce reissues then...

It seems fitting, but I'm still not going to say for sure that will happen.  I know I've had thought in the past about certain dates, and it never came to life. I'm sure she/her team will make mention of this landmark moment closer to the date, no matter what, but again, it would be a great opportunity to start things rolling.  In fact, by November through the summer of next year are really legendary landmark key moments in her 40 year career since MadonnaMania started to take place. It would be crazy to let this landmark era pass by with not much of a mention, where she became a household name WORLD-WIDE.  

Right now she's really got a positive vibe going.  It's about time to strike while the iron is still hot.  My guess we're going to see an announcement for the Celebration Tour Film in the coming weeks too.  :pray:

1 hour ago, mattchewd said:

Came here to say exactly this... 13th September would mark 40 years since she made her "star status" legendary performance at the MTV Awards.. it feels like that was the real launch of Madonna mania, a Virgin performance, so much could be made of that..  eg a wedding anniversary theme...so it would seem extremely fitting to announce reissues then...

Cute idea... but not gonna happen. They barely celebrate big albums (totally missed "Madonna"'s 40th anniversary last year) much less a performance. Plus we're not having an album reissue in November if she's gonna release an RSD Black Friday "Bedtime Stories" EP exclusive as indicated in the first internal listings. If "LAV 40" was coming in November they wouldn't mix those two.

The only thing we're getting for "Like A Virgin" 40th and that's if we're lucky is... the "Like A Virgin" digital single. Oh and some T-shirt or something.

1 hour ago, mattchewd said:

14th September is the anniversary of the LAV performance. It falls on a Saturday this year and no announcements/preorders are made at the weekend sadly. 

1 hour ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

I’m curious, for years now I see fans get excited for potential releases and surprises on her birthday. But I feel like more often or not she doesn’t do that… does anyone know off hand or have a list of all the announcements she’s made for projects or releases that have actually come out on her birthday?

Perhaps I’m forgetting some big ones or just uninformed, but I feel like it’s kinda rare. Yet everyone expects something each year and then gets disappointed. So was just wondering - thanks!

They announced the new deal with Warner on her birthday, 16th August 2021. Inside the Groove also hinted on his Twitter account that he thought something connected to the reissues could be announced on her birthday. 

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Cute idea... but not gonna happen. They barely celebrate big albums (totally missed "Madonna"'s 40th anniversary last year) much less a performance. Plus we're not having an album reissue in November if she's gonna release an RSD Black Friday "Bedtime Stories" EP exclusive as indicated in the first internal listings. If "LAV 40" was coming in November they wouldn't mix those two.

The only thing we're getting for "Like A Virgin" 40th and that's if we're lucky is... the "Like A Virgin" digital single. Oh and some T-shirt or something.

Well, that's one opinion I'm sure many may agree on.  Not far fetched.  But we'll see.  I don't think a RSD Black Friday release will be a conflict. After all, we got The American Life Mix Show,  the Rainbow Re-Issue, and MX Tour Vinyl all in the same year.  Also, in 2022, Erotica Picture disc and Everybody was released nearly at the same time.  Nothing is impossible, especially seeing many other artists releasing multiple re-issues, etc. all in the same year if not in a matter of a few months apart.  Again, we'll just have to see what happens. :)

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

All of the releases thus far have been connected to an anniversary. Who’s That Girl RSD was for 35 years. Everybody 12” RSD was for 40 years. Erotica picture disc was for 30 years. FEL was the anniversary of her “50th number one”. American Life RSD for the 20th anniversary. Like a Prayer Silver Vinyl is for the 35th anniversary. And it sounds like Bedtime Stories will be celebrated by the RSD in October for its 30th anniversary. They have all been released the same month as the original release or very close to it. 

They are clearly aiming these releases as anniversary editions. It stands to reason that if they are going to release the LAV album as a deluxe edition, it will come in November. That’s the logic I am going by. My guess, if preorders aren’t out by the end of September, nothing of any significance is coming. Just my opinion guys. 

6 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

They announced the new deal with Warner on her birthday, 16th August 2021. Inside the Groove also hinted on his Twitter account that he thought something connected to the reissues could be announced on her birthday. 

I never thought the Birthday announcement was gonna happen. Again, people are putting too much pressure on that date for things to happen as that was a rarity at this point.

Meanwhile, my guess if anything is announced in Sept. due to the VMA anniversary performance, my guess it would be during the week which the show would take place. It airs Sept. 10th (Tuesday), so I can see something being mentioned that day from her team at least to acknowledge the anniversary of that performance.  At the same time, it could be a great opportunity to announce a re-issue of LAV. 

Keep in mind, I'm not saying this is happening, but it's just another possibility we can chew on. :)

8 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

All of the releases thus far have been connected to an anniversary. Who’s That Girl RSD was for 35 years. Everybody 12” RSD was for 40 years. Erotica picture disc was for 30 years. FEL was the anniversary of her “50th number one”. American Life RSD for the 20th anniversary. Like a Prayer Silver Vinyl is for the 35th anniversary. And it sounds like Bedtime Stories will be celebrated by the RSD in October for its 30th anniversary. They have all been released the same month as the original release or very close to it. 

They are clearly aiming these releases as anniversary editions. It stands to reason that if they are going to release the LAV album as a deluxe edition, it will come in November. That’s the logic I am going by. My guess, if preorders aren’t out by the end of September, nothing of any significance is coming. Just my opinion guys. 

Yes, I agree.  I only mention The VMA's (LAV 40th Anniversary Performance) in Sept. could be a good opportunity to announce pre-orders.  But let's remember, the LAP Silver Vinyl started taking pre-orders just recently when that album 35th Anniversary release was back in March.  So obviously they were using the Deathpool and Wolverine to connect it all.  Also, people in Canada already got their copies, so it's not far fetched to think that re-issues could be already ready to go, soon after Pre-orders start.

Anyway, anything is still possible in my opinion.:party:

4 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I def thought the Celebration Tour live album or film would've been announced on her birthday. I thought she'd move somewhat quickly with that. Oh well!

Audio and video should be out by now, honestly.

They really work with timings from another era. I still can't believe they didn't capitalize all the good publicity of the big Rio finale and went on radio silence after. She should have released something immediately after, even if it was just a live song/video of any of the songs from the tour.