Angela Becker issues

Honey Little

13 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I doubt there was anything with Stuart, she was with Guy through that whole time. 

I think it was pretty clear she didn’t work with Stuart again because she went in a different direction. He even commented about it, I believe she actually tried to get him on board and he said no, I can’t make that type of music.

No, that thing was a fake news posted on a Prince forum. I mean the whole “I cat to an urban album” stuff. 

22 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

I think that was Donna Deleroy who got pregnant around 2008 pre Hard Candy who resigned as was replaced before the promo tour.

Angela definitely left because she was pregnant. Here's a mention of it on the Pet Shop Boys website: https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/news/2009-01-01/new-manager

"Pet Shop Boys recently appointed a new manager, Angela Becker, to represent them around the world. Angela is based in London and co-managed Madonna from 2004 to the beginning of 2008 when she left work to have a baby."

On 4/10/2023 at 4:39 PM, cosmic_system said:

No, that thing was a fake news posted on a Prince forum. I mean the whole “I cat to an urban album” stuff. 

Are you sure because I swear I remember an actual interview with a quote? I remember reading the actual article. Or you know for sure that was a fake article shared on a prince forum?

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Are you sure because I swear I remember an actual interview with a quote? I remember reading the actual article. Or you know for sure that was a fake article shared on a prince forum?

The whole interview was fake, for many years I believed it was true but it wasn’t! 

The irony is that Madonna did say in an interview that she reached out to Stuart about the possible Timbaland/Pharrell sound and questioned if it was the right path, and he said yes.

So even if that interview was fake (I thought the Stuart interview was with E! News) it still clocks with what M said.

13 hours ago, deathproof said:

The irony is that Madonna did say in an interview that she reached out to Stuart about the possible Timbaland/Pharrell sound and questioned if it was the right path, and he said yes.

So even if that interview was fake (I thought the Stuart interview was with E! News) it still clocks with what M said.

Did she? 

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Wasn’t Warner that rejected the PSB songs because they wanted her to make an urban album? And album che clearly loves (even more than Confessions 🙊)  but still. 
Can someone please direct me to the Warner thread? 

On 03/07/09, the Pet Shop Boys give a Q&A session with the media to promote their new album Yes. During the interviewing, Neil Tennant said:

After remixing "Sorry" in 2006, they were contacted again by Warner, in 2007, and asked to write & produce some tracks for an album Madonna was planning at the time (which later became "Hard Candy")

Sadly, the same week Warner's changed mind and according to Neil’s own words "we got told to forget it as they decided to shove her down the r&b route" Neil stated Parlophone asked them to write for Kylie's "X" as well, before deciding to send Minogue out to other producers instead (one of the tracks featured on "Yes" (titled "Pandemonium") was actually written & demoed for her, along with other 5 cuts).

On 4/9/2023 at 11:30 PM, deathproof said:

She still had her own website and any comments on things like that would get posted to Madonna.com

Caresse was also around for a long time, working even before she was promoted to being a manager during the time of Evita. She was practically family. Her daughter was around the same age as Lola and both were friends as kids.

Caresse Henry’s sister told that "Madonna has blood on her hands" after Caresse's death.
She had said that working for Madonna had taken away her sister's happiness and lightheartedness and that Madonna had suddenly fired her because of Kabbalah, thus receiving a severe shock and feeling betrayed.
I don't know how true this is, Madonna has never talked about the topic and no one has ever asked her questions about it. These are very delicate things, after all.

6 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Caresse Henry’s sister told that "Madonna has blood on her hands" after Caresse's death.
She had said that working for Madonna had taken away her sister's happiness and lightheartedness and that Madonna had suddenly fired her because of Kabbalah, thus receiving a severe shock and feeling betrayed.
I don't know how true this is, Madonna has never talked about the topic and no one has ever asked her questions about it. These are very delicate things, after all.

Hire and fire is a common practice in show biz.

Why so butt hurt about it?

One should know what to expect when signing up to be world's biggest female artist's manager.

When she's earning commission from Madonna, has she & her sister ever complained about it?

1 minute ago, LongIslandTea said:

Hire and fire is a common practice in show biz.

Why so butt hurt about it?

One should know what to expect when signing up to be world's biggest female artist's manager.

When she's earning commission from Madonna, has she & her sister ever complained about it?

We really don't know anything. 
The sister says Madonna fired Caresse with just a one paragraph fax after 13 years of them working together. There must be a reason for that. 
Maybe Madonna got plagued by kaballah and was not lucid, maybe there were rational reasons.
But until we know the truth from both sides, it's just speculation

26 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Told who? National Enquirer? Daily Mail? Some other reputable entity known for discussing such delicate matters?

6 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Told who? National Enquirer? Daily Mail? Some other reputable entity known for discussing such delicate matters?

I think Caresse's sister wrote it on Facebook at the time:

“Madonna and Kabbalah have blood on their hands. They killed my sister as surely as if they would have pulled the trigger themselves. They don’t want to hear this, but I don’t care — I’m not in the entertainment business and I’m not intimidated by Madonna.

The cult aspect, the all-encompassing intrusion into her life, how you think, what you eat, how you meditate … that really didn’t sit well with my sister. She was Catholic and didn’t think this was a good thing.

Madonna was done with her, it was over, and it would be handled by lawyers. When Madonna is done with you, she’s done.
She was just crestfallen, devastated, heartbroken and felt very betrayed. She couldn’t believe that Madonna let the Kabbalah people have such a heavy hand in it through all of these years that she was loyal to her. Everyone was telling my sister, ‘It was Kabbalah. [Madonna] is doing what she has to do.’

When she started out working with Madonna, Caresse was this vivacious, happy girl, and the longer she was with Madonna, her life changed dramatically. Being with Madonna was very toxic to her.”

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/04/13/caresse-henrys-sister-madonna-has-blood-on-her-hands/

She was going to write a book about it but nothing came out of that.

40 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think Caresse's sister wrote it on Facebook at the time:

“Madonna and Kabbalah have blood on their hands. They killed my sister as surely as if they would have pulled the trigger themselves. They don’t want to hear this, but I don’t care — I’m not in the entertainment business and I’m not intimidated by Madonna.

The cult aspect, the all-encompassing intrusion into her life, how you think, what you eat, how you meditate … that really didn’t sit well with my sister. She was Catholic and didn’t think this was a good thing.

Madonna was done with her, it was over, and it would be handled by lawyers. When Madonna is done with you, she’s done.
She was just crestfallen, devastated, heartbroken and felt very betrayed. She couldn’t believe that Madonna let the Kabbalah people have such a heavy hand in it through all of these years that she was loyal to her. Everyone was telling my sister, ‘It was Kabbalah. [Madonna] is doing what she has to do.’

When she started out working with Madonna, Caresse was this vivacious, happy girl, and the longer she was with Madonna, her life changed dramatically. Being with Madonna was very toxic to her.”

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/04/13/caresse-henrys-sister-madonna-has-blood-on-her-hands/

She was going to write a book about it but nothing came out of that.

A quick google search shows the source of this sensitive interview with a mourning sister to be the National Enquirer's website RadarOnline. 

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

A quick google search shows the source of this sensitive interview with a mourning sister to be the National Enquirer's website RadarOnline. 

Yes, but there's was a video of her talking about that. 
I really don't know, I just reported what I remember. 
We are talking about a person who took his own life; it is a very tragic episode. And I suspend my judgment.
Madonna will have had her reasons for not responding publicly to these allegations. It is also likely that she eventually reached out to her sister and not just through her lawyers.

On March 31 2010, Madonna’s former manager, Caresse Henry, passed away at the age of 44. Her death was later ruled a suicide.

Caresse had initially worked as an assistant to Madonna’s former manager, Freddy DeMann, before becoming Madonna’s personal assistant. When Madonna parted ways with DeMann in 1997, Caresse took the reigns as Madonna’s manager and remained in the role until late 2004. Caresse had also managed the careers of Ricky Martin, Jessica Simpson, Paula Abdul and Joss Stone, among others.

Caresse was credited as an artistic manager and executive producer for the HBO special: Madonna: Drowned World Tour 2001.

Liz Rosenberg (Madonna’s publicist at the time) released a statement to the press explaining that Caresse died of a self-inflicted gunshot at her home in Irvine, California. She was survived by her two children, a sister, a brother and her parents.

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/tag/caresse-henry/