POPULAR

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

If she does make a Top 20 debut in the Uk that is amazing.! To put in perspective Dua Lipa's new single form a huge big movie debuted at 20 and Kylie debuted at 26.  Not trying to compare artists.  But this shows where the girls are at at the moment.  In the USA Dua debut at 43.

But it doesn't really put anything in perspective because Dua Lipa and Kylie both had solo songs, not a feature on another artist's track.

It would make sense to compare it to other Weekend songs, not to Kylie Minogue doing a solo song.

19 hours ago, Andreo said:

I can't believe it's barely making it in the top 50, after the first day I was already expecting a granted top10, how is a Weeknd single making so few streams??? 

Featuring with The Weeknd is not a guarantee for a hit. Look at his chart record. And the fact they are not doing a video or promoting the song unfortunately means it will probably just come and go. The main point of the song was to promote his tv show of which is not doing very well by the sounds of it.

9 hours ago, androiduser said:

But it doesn't really put anything in perspective because Dua Lipa and Kylie both had solo songs, not a feature on another artist's track.

It would make sense to compare it to other Weekend songs, not to Kylie Minogue doing a solo song.

Both Dua and Kylie have done endless features in the past - even with each other!

They're all in the commercial music game. Feats are a given. It's like saying their songs are shorter nowadays - all obvious.

Ok guys, let's keep it real: I'm loving the song, having it in loop since days and not tired yet, I'm mad about her natural and funky vocals (what a feeling hearing her groove back without all the technical vocoding sheet they use to put on such a smooth instrument), 

BUT

it's a Weekend song, it's gonna be counted in her sellings too maybe, but people are requesting, listening and buying The Weekend. Her real game starts with the Max Martin's track release

She opens the song. Has a whole verse and later sings along The Weeknd on the choruses.      She’s all over the song. There’s even her little laugh there( not sure). Lyrically it reminds me of the cynicism surrounding her throughout her career , and her clap back in her verse feels very personal( autobiographical)-though she has no writing credits.  It will be counted as a Madonna song , say when a list of her Billboard hits is cited in the future. No?
With respect to the effects on her voice on MX.  It worked for the album in my opinion. I prefer her collaborations on Madame X, but Popular is still good. 

47 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ok guys, let's keep it real: I'm loving the song, having it in loop since days and not tired yet, I'm mad about her natural and funky vocals (what a feeling hearing her groove back without all the technical vocoding sheet they use to put on such a smooth instrument), 

BUT

it's a Weekend song, it's gonna be counted in her sellings too maybe, but people are requesting, listening and buying The Weekend. Her real game starts with the Max Martin's track release

54 minutes ago, stefo said:

BUT

She's on the track; so she'll get paid and given credit for however it charts just like The Weeknd and Playboi Carti.

3 hours ago, stefo said:

BUT

She's credited as a main artist on it, so even though I agree with you, it's her song too as far as we're concerned regarding chart positions.

If it's a hit it will be her hit, too and forever listed as another Madonna Top 50, Top 20, Top 10 whatever.

This is the real game and she's playing it, for the first time in forever.