Can you think of any French-Canadian influences in her work?

Someone I heard talking about Montreal recently.  I was at the city some years back.  Nice place to visit but I've heard winters there are brutally cold.  Very much helps to speak French as well.  

I know I had started a thread here about Madonna and cross jewelry.  While I know her dad was very religious and strict....   Montreal has many Catholic churches there as well.  Many are beautiful and recommended by me to people that like architecture even if non religious.  

I thought I remember Madonna saying as well Like A Prayer was dedicated to her mom who taught her how to pray.  

Maybe there's some influence there.  But perhaps posters know of more obvious ones? 

Madonna's mom is descendants of French - Canadians.  What interesting she's related to Celine Dion. Madonna's mother descends from Jean Guyon. The two singers are 10th cousins twice removed through him, and 10th cousins once removed through another ancestor, Zacharie Cloutier. 

Anyway, I really can't hear anything too influenced (musically) from her Mom's heritage.  But she somewhat followed in her mother's interests.   While Madonna's mom was the typical stay at home mom, but she excelled at school, sang in the Glee Club and was a cheerleader during High school.

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Madonna's mom is descendants of French - Canadians.  What interesting she's related to Celine Dion. Madonna's mother descends from Jean Guyon. The two singers are 10th cousins twice removed through him, and 10th cousins once removed through another ancestor, Zacharie Cloutier. 

Anyway, I really can't hear anything too influenced (musically) from her Mom's heritage.  But she somewhat followed in her mother's interests.   While Madonna's mom was the typical stay at home mom, but she excelled at school, sang in the Glee Club and was a cheerleader during High school.

Ellen DeGeneres  I think she’s related too as well like 10th cousin or something like that?

They actually do resemble each other a little to me.  

1 minute ago, Blue Skies said:

Ellen DeGeneres  I think she’s related too as well like 10th cousin or something like that?

They actually do resemble each other a little to me.  

Oh yes, Madonna is her 11th cousin, according to genealogy researchers at Ancestry.com. The two are linked through a common 10th great-grandfather – a Frenchman named Martin Aucoin.

Her mom is Quebecois Descendant. She's incorporated Cirque Du Soleil (which originated from Quebec) style in her acts. And was most notably compared to when she did her Girlie show tour.

The Augmented reality technology used during her Billboard Music Award performance was done by Reflector Entertainment (by cirque du soleil founder Guy Laliberté)

Her backdrops in 2010s tour were produced by Moment Factory which is a company from Montreal.

Although her inspirations in visual art doesn't stem from any French Canadians, she's partnered with some.

5 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

Her mom is Quebecois Descendant. She's incorporated Cirque Du Soleil (which originated from Quebec) style in her acts. And was most notably compared to when she did her Girlie show tour.

The Augmented reality technology used during her Billboard Music Award performance was done by Reflector Entertainment (by cirque du soleil founder Guy Laliberté)

Her backdrops in 2010s tour were produced by Moment Factory which is a company from Montreal.

Although her inspirations in visual art doesn't stem from any French Canadians, she's partnered with some.

She also covered Boum and possibly many other french songs for Hello Suckers.

6 minutes ago, LoveAffair said:

She also covered Boum and possibly many other french songs for Hello Suckers.

I think we're discussing French Canadians since she's is part French Canadian. Boum was definitely straight from France and I think the Hello Suckers Musical was about Texas Guinnan.

Great question. The closet thing I could think of when I first read the title of this thread was the Olympia performance during the MDNA tour in Paris. I know this doesn't answer your question exactly,  but this performance paying homage to the French was just so natural for Madonna (and maybe it's because she has some French in her lineage)....