Has Shep Pettibone heard Love Hurts demo?

59 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Oh i've made my comments thinking people were arguing over "Love hurts" like mentionned in the title of the thread 😂 i've just read the whole thread and realise it's about "Goodbye to innocence" 😂😂😂

Well there are a few members here that are OBSESSED with GTI for some reason and love to randomly bring it up whenever they can.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Calm down

9dc71c9d27a26903945d23a4cd6b52a1.gif

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Well there are a few members here that are OBSESSED with GTI for some reason and love to randomly bring it up whenever they can.

Well, you're right, I became obsessed with 'Up Down Suite,' and when I discovered the 'Straight Pass' demo, it became one of my favorite unreleased tracks.

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, you're right, I became obsessed with 'Up Down Suite,' and when I discovered the 'Straight Pass' demo, it became one of my favorite unreleased tracks.

I am the one

Who knows me better

Let me remind you

I am the one

Who's gonna stand by me

Always and forever

You know you better stop

Stop and think about

How'd you get your kicks

God knows I didn't ask for this

You know you better stop

Stop and think about

Before you mess with someone else

Why don't you pay attention to yourself?

Yourself and nobody else

You better, forever

I mean, these lyrics are love at 1st sight, to just marry them, aren't they?

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

@Redha DBL no one can deny MY impact here on Infinity, even THAT GUY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED BY ME!!!

@MPowered you didn't tag me if you answered me, and I won't go back to second to last or third to last pages to track your answer, entschuldigung.

@Blue Jean atp EVERYBODY LOVES GOODBYE TO INNOCENCE, right???

Uhhh ? Ok but why ate saying that to me ??!  I don't get it ??!

On 7/23/2024 at 2:22 PM, TheGoth said:

Sometimes, just sometimes, an artist will work on a song for months and then hold it back from the upcoming release because sometimes, just sometimes, it no longer fits the concept of the album. And then the right album for it just never materializes because an artist keeps moving forward instead of backwards. Doesn't mean they hate it or disliked it, it just no longer represents what the album is about.

Exactly.

It is weird to say Madonna hated GTI yet she worked so much to make it work. 

The song didn't fit the vibe of the album. The verses were cool, but that chorus was too goofy.

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

Exactly.

It is weird to say Madonna hated GTI yet she worked so much to make it work. 

The song didn't fit the vibe of the album. The verses were cool, but that chorus was too goofy.

If she hated it so much, I don't understand how it ended up as the B-side of 'Rain', even as a dub (Up Down Suite). And three years later, the final version ended up being released on 'Just Say Roe'. Obviously, she wanted the song to be released; it just didn't fit with the final version of the album 'Erotica'.

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

If she hated it so much, I don't understand how it ended up as the B-side of 'Rain', even as a dub (Up Down Suite). And three years later, the final version ended up being released on 'Just Say Roe'. Obviously, she wanted the song to be released; it just didn't fit with the final version of the album 'Erotica'.

I can’t remember exactly but doesn’t Shep say in the Erotica diaries that Madonna says the song “wasn’t working” and that’s why she started singing Fever over the top of the instrumental ?

To me it seems like an early version of Fever. I do like the song and clearly she liked it enough to finish and release it. But it does seem like she chose Fever over it for the album.

I think lyrically it’s one of her most interesting songs and that’s what makes me love it. But it does feel kind of flat. I really think Dear Father for example, is a better song and just as worthy of getting a release.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I can’t remember exactly but doesn’t Shep say in the Erotica diaries that Madonna says the song “wasn’t working” and that’s why she started singing Fever over the top of the instrumental ?

To me it seems like an early version of Fever. I do like the song and clearly she liked it enough to finish and release it. But it does seem like she chose Fever over it for the album.

I think lyrically it’s one of her most interesting songs and that’s what makes me love it. But it does feel kind of flat. I really think Dear Father for example, is a better song and just as worthy of getting a release.

I think you're overinterpreting Shep Pettibone's words. Yes, for her the song just didn't work, which is totally normal when you're creating a song. Suddenly, Madonna starts singing 'Fever' just for fun, and the result was so good that it eclipsed 'Goodbye to Innocence'. I don't see anything else, no hate towards 'GTI' or anything like that. It simply didn't fit in 'Erotica'. But it wasn't long before she released it outside of 'Erotica' ('Rain' & 'Just say Roe'). 

Personally, I love the Straight Pass demo, but because it seems like the B-side of "Rescue Me". I like the final version, but I find it much duller and simpler than the Straight Pass demo.

On 7/25/2024 at 8:08 PM, Aiwa08 said:

I think you're overinterpreting Shep Pettibone's words. Yes, for her the song just didn't work, which is totally normal when you're creating a song. Suddenly, Madonna starts singing 'Fever' just for fun, and the result was so good that it eclipsed 'Goodbye to Innocence'. I don't see anything else, no hate towards 'GTI' or anything like that. It simply didn't fit in 'Erotica'. But it wasn't long before she released it outside of 'Erotica' ('Rain' & 'Just say Roe'). 

Personally, I love the Straight Pass demo, but because it seems like the B-side of "Rescue Me". I like the final version, but I find it much duller and simpler than the Straight Pass demo.

That demo reminds me more of ‘Get Over.’ I actually think she could have saved ‘Rescue Me’ for Erotica. Then we’d have gotten WTG on TIC.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:55 AM, MPowered said:

9dc71c9d27a26903945d23a4cd6b52a1.gif

Do you want me to break my vow and tag you to Kylie Minogue stuff posts back?

Schöner, relax plz, or I would believe you're too influenced by Taylor... (THAT Taylor, yes!)