Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

On 7/21/2024 at 8:28 AM, Prayer said:

I love that she's so hands on, demanding meetings IN PERSON and everything.

Yes! The Prodigy's Keith Flint said the same when Madonna asked to meet them in person circa 1997.
"(...) She didn't send her workforce over, waving her magic wand. She arrived at the office and said, 'I want The Prodigy'. I respect her for that."

We love a hands-on qween.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Her cheeks are like that in every recent pic 

IMG_8847.jpeg

It looks like she's mixing a bit of the old with the new since her cheeks would look gaunt when she was training hard back in the 00s with Tracy Anderson and the paparazzi would get unflattering shots on the sidewalk after she'd been working out for hours. She might be letting some filler dissolve. In any case, she looks good IMO.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Her cheeks are like that in every recent pic 

IMG_8847.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I tried to avoid commenting on that topic cause it feels weird somehow talking about what she has or hasn't done but... that's not buccal fat removal, you can only do that once and she already did it long ago.

That's... the new Ozempic(®) face, they all got it now!

As Madonna said in that confessions mini-doc, “I am the art” which includes how her face and body evolves with time, technology and medicine. 

7 hours ago, my sugar is raw said:

Speaking of Grammy pics 😅 hundreds of great pics of her after that and they insist in using those

Btw, she looks STUNNING at the movie premiere :luv: 

FUCKERS!!!

She does ❤️

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Seriously? Of all the recent images of her and this is the one they chose for the "screen shot"?  I swear sometimes even when the media is showing her some love, it seems to always end up as a back handed compliment.  :Madonna033:

AGAIN MOTHERF!!! 

They are so afraid of her undeniable power 🔥

13 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

So I heard Like A Prayer on the radio on my drive home today. It was on a station that doesn’t normally play it. 👀 Could’ve been a coincidence I guess…

It's going to have a boost for sure. The song is playing on the TV ads for the movie as well! It's literally everywhere and an essential part of the project.

Trying not to get too excited but we should see results from Friday.

Just now, Prayer said:

It's going to have a boost for sure. The song is playing on the TV ads for the movie! It's literally everywhere and an essential part of the project.

Trying not to get too excited but we should see results from Friday.

It's weird I just saw an 30 second ad for the film, and it was playing Tony Basil's "Mickey". 

Just now, Prayer said:

I just saw an ad on TV and it was "Like A Prayer"!

Maybe there are different edits, of course.

Yeah, that's why I said it was strange to see it with "Mickey".  It was on ABC.  I just found the clip.  I guess it was a minute.  :)

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, that's why I said it was strange to see it with "Mickey".  It was on ABC.  I just found the clip.  I guess it was a minute.  :)

They spent some serious $$$ in this movie soundtrack.

This is the one I saw:

Gosh "LAP" sounds so EPIC. I could cry.