Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

Missed opportunity to release these 3 as singles

"Like A Prayer (From the Deadpool Movie)" 

1. Like A Prayer (7" Dance Edit) - most people will not see the difference between the immaculate version and this one 

2. Like A Prayer (Album Fade) 

3. Like A Prayer (7" Version with fade)

27 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Missed opportunity to release these 3 as singles

"Like A Prayer (From the Deadpool Movie)" 

1. Like A Prayer (7" Dance Edit) - most people will not see the difference between the immaculate version and this one 

2. Like A Prayer (Album Fade) 

3. Like A Prayer (7" Version with fade)

How is this a missed opportunity?  LOL!  The song is already officially available.  A label and artist will want to push the album the song is on.  That's obviously what is going on here.  Besides, most people are going to be looking for the original version, not some faded version. 

53 minutes ago, Adonna said:

How is this a missed opportunity?  LOL!  The song is already officially available.  A label and artist will want to push the album the song is on.  That's obviously what is going on here.  Besides, most people are going to be looking for the original version, not some faded version. 

I assume that's right and also I did this "single playlist" to promote the song like this 

23 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I assume that's right and also I did this "single playlist" to promote the song like this 

Love it.  Now let's get this song back on the charts.  (fat chance, but we can dream, can't we?) :)

The majority of people that will seek out the song couldn't care less about which version they should listen. I bet most cannot tell any difference at all. They'll just type the title and go with what pops up first. 

It's 2024, we don't need OST, single releases and so on to point the public at the right direction. 

Also, not to be a Debi Mazar downer here, we should adjust our expectation over this. A Running Up the Hill like phenomenon is something that happens once in a blue moon. Let's enjoy things for what they are before some start to blame her and/or her team because the song is not reaching top 5 here and there. 

9 minutes ago, Scottyx said:

Just saw the movie. Some of it.  I fell asleep from exhaustion but woke up to 1. See the full scene with like a prayer and 2. Hugh's pubic trail standing up on end ... mmmmmmmmmmmm

OH WOW!  That sucks. So did hearing the song jar you from your nap?  From what I'm reading there are two scenes where the song is being played, did you see both of them? 

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

OH WOW!  That sucks. So did hearing the song jar you from your nap?  From what I'm reading there are two scenes where the song is being played, did you see both of them? 

odd thing i woke up just as it was about to begin.

they played it in 2 chunks. it was not really 2 different scenes.  but first it was full instrumentation, then more of the acapella. It was all part of the final act of the movie.

1 hour ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Yeah, just got back from it. It features in one scene and then has a reprise later on in another, with an acapella that swells into the song again. The crowd I saw it with cheered and I heard some singing along to it. Loved the film! :clapp:

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

As a side note, Marvel fans are loving the movie. If the word of mouth stays this positive, it’s going to be a massive hit for Marvel (and more exposure for 'Like a Prayer').

1 hour ago, whiteheat said:

Just saw it too! Thought it was a good movie and felt that the song was used in a great way! 

So happy for you guys

I’ll take my beautiful rounded thick juicy ass to the movies this weekend after all this talk this weekend… 

Just finished seeing it. 

If you've followed the entire marvel and fox universe, this is a wet dream movie for the die hard ones as it's basically a celebration of fox and marvel/disney finally coming together. Otherwise the movie would be a bore because of the lore.

The song was used during the movie's most epic scene. A 2 part one shot action scene of the main characters against a battalion of deadpools. 

That "note" she gave them (Reynolds and levy) was either for

A. The 2nd part of the long epic fight against the group of deadpools. There's a key change and different remix done to the track.

B. The final fight which is a completely whole recording of a choir singing like a prayer 

Shawn levy said that they had to go back to studio within 48 hours to work on this new session (I'm assuming it's a track).

I'm putting my bet her note was for option b. Because it leaves Hugh sweaty and shirtless