Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

The movie is a blast! As long as you like the Marvel movies (if you don’t really follow them, the jokes and storylines might go over your head)

I gotta say, I was a little bummed out when the first scene with the song plays. While it’s an awesome scene, and the song is heavily featured, it didn’t stand out amongst all the other heavily featured songs throughout the movie. It was used more or less the same way the Nysnc song, and Avril song, and Grease song, and T.I. song are used. So I didn’t really get why people were saying this would have a Running Up That Hill moment.

But when it comes back for that second scene… oh man.. goosebumps! I was like oh my goddddddd. That a cappella version?! During an emotional climax?! A whole new generation of kids will forever associate this song with this movie. Thought it was great! Along with the name drop a moment later. Can’t wait to see it again!

I just watched movie and it is absolutely fantastic! And YES! Madonna's Like a prayer is THE CLIMAX of this movie for sure! The audience in the theater went wild!  And I love love love Madonna's Like a prayer and Hugh Jackman's six pack!  Perfect match!

This was my reaction when Like a prayer with action Scene. 

oprah you get a new fresh bustier you get a washing butsier.gif

Yeah Kill that one! Kill that too! YeaaaahSsssss Kill them all~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And This was my Reaction when Like a prayer with Hugh Jackman's Six pack Scene.

prayer-please.gif

While looking at Madonna’s pictures at the movie theatre for the premiere, I was wondering if she had fun? Does she knows the characters and understood the storyline and jokes? 😂

I loved the Madonna Deadpool with the Blond Ambition ponytail ♥️

1 hour ago, I am madonna said:

The audience in the theater went wild!

Mine was dead silent. it was annoying! me and my friend wanted to cheer for that epic fight scene with Like a Prayer playing since everything that happened was for Marvel fans having Wolverine wear his mask that everyone wanted so badly.

The movie is sort of a big deal now for Marvel since most of the movies that came out after endgame was either trash or not up to par with phase 1-3 movies, even the movie joked about it going all meta. I'm glad Madonna said yes to this opportunity.

1 hour ago, stefo said:

It's definitely working, look at the comments ...  :fingerclick:

Oh no, that's just awful. Doesn't even justify what was done in the film.  Sorry.  But I'm glad people are reacting to this ridiculous version based on the film.  Then again, a bunch of fans can easily take over certain youtube or osocial media posts and go overboard with the praise. We see it all the time with other artists fans criticize other artist's fans for.

6 hours ago, thiagosb said:

While looking at Madonna’s pictures at the movie theatre for the premiere, I was wondering if she had fun? Does she knows the characters and understood the storyline and jokes? 😂

I loved the Madonna Deadpool with the Blond Ambition ponytail ♥️

She is actually Lady Deadpool ,an alternate version from a different Earth(like the other Deadpools)

She already had the blond ponytail in the comics.

https://nerdist.com/article/all-deadpool-amp-wolverines-deadpool-variants/

28 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

She is actually Lady Deadpool ,an alternate version from a different Earth(like the other Deadpools)

She already had the blond ponytail in the comics.

https://nerdist.com/article/all-deadpool-amp-wolverines-deadpool-variants/

I have always suspected that the comic character is based on Madonna from the Blond Ambition Tour. It wouldn't be the first time a Marvel character (hero or villain) is based on someone famous (Iron Man - Howard Hughes, Kingpin - Sydney Greenstreet, Doctor Strange - Vincent Price, Professor X - Yul Brynner, Monica Rambeau - Pam Grier, etc, etc, etc).

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I have always suspected that the comic character is based on Madonna from the Blond Ambition Tour. It wouldn't be the first time a Marvel character (hero or villain) is based on someone famous (Iron Man - Howard Hughes, Kingpin - Sydney Greenstreet, Doctor Strange - Vincent Price, Professor X - Yul Brynner, Monica Rambeau - Pam Grier, etc, etc, etc).

I don't know in this case she had a high pony tail more like an anime character.

I believe Wanda Wilson out of the mask had short hair with that fake piece being a decoy of identity, similar to Spider Woman. It's funny how they always give fake hair pieces to the female characters.

However the one in the movie has a 'really suspicious' likeness to the BA one.

s2O8W4N.jpg

15 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I don't know in this case she had a high pony tail more like an anime character.

I believe Wanda Wilson out of the mask had short hair with that fake piece being a decoy of identity, similar to Spider Woman. It's funny how they always give fake hair pieces to the female characters.

Well, Madonna also wore a fake ponytail during the Blond Ambition Tour. :laughing:

19 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, Madonna also wore a fake ponytail during the Blond Ambition Tour. :laughing:

True, was the hair piece already in Gaultier's summer collection of 91? or It was something new?

Slightly different but quite similar was Nadja Auerman's hair in 'Too Funky'

It was'nt summer 91! It was the 89 collection

Not this *NSYNC song, TikTok even attacks me with it. I’m trying to silence words *NSYNC & Bye bye bye. Why do we always have the competition when something good happens to M music. And it’s on official Spotify playlist of the movie, LAP is not, why M team always have to fail 😭

IMG_4623.jpeg