Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

46 minutes ago, NRMX said:

@proxy I don’t know you or have talked to you before but relax dude, as long as Madonna is still an important part of popular culture as she is in this Deadpool shit thing the universe is fine and saved. 
Chilling Chill Out GIF by Food52

Ummm, it's not that serious :bubblebitch:

18 minutes ago, proxy said:

Some good news, 40 millions monthly listeners & it seems they merge the two versions of Like a Prayer IMG_4770.thumb.jpeg.4934514a971dc2bb4289a515c4eb1be1.jpegyer 

They're fixing one thing per week, last week the EP, this week the merging. Next week we'll have the upscaled HD video then? xd

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

No, to me this just reads as 'they will simply use a old hit in a movie like always and thats it' when in reality this song makes an important moment and the whole climax is built around it, which would be unexpected to those who didnt see the movie yet

Yeah idk I think that one’s kinda funny actually. Even if it’s coming from a h8r perspective, it’s like “hahaha we’re gonna make you listen to it TWICE, and we’re gonna make you like it.” 

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

They're fixing one thing per week, last week the EP, this week the merging. Next week we'll have the upscaled HD video then? xd

Preferably in 4K but this is just up to Emilie's desire of being nice to lil'medonsters

On 8/20/2024 at 10:34 AM, Aiwa08 said:

Wow!  So incredible.  I'm so glad Madonna was part of this.  I love how she and her team are just letting this naturally play out.  It's nice they aren't doing the usual trend of shoving the song into everyone's face.  Just letting the hype build organically and keeping the vibes positive. I think this will help transition into what she's got coming up next in the music agenda.  My guess The Celebration Tour Film/Audio is coming up next, if not something to do with the LAV 40th Anniversary. :party:

On 8/19/2024 at 3:55 PM, proxy said:

Fans in UK stream, buy, share & Shazam LAP, let’s make it top 20  

IMG_4844.thumb.jpeg.5866794e031ed3cd371aca777e8bb66f.jpegIMG_4842.thumb.jpeg.6a87ab3c50c5e3b2cc11b75e553616b6.jpeg

Now I can review: I have contributed to this chart position since I finally bought Finally Enough Love 1CD on Amazon UK (I used a British shopper to not pay the expensive as fuck freight to Brazil, so that sell counts to OCC).

@Would You Like To Try and @Prayer and @Blue Jean, we're gonna have a Celebration, come join the party!!!

EDIT: I took profit of the 4 pounds and a half they were charging for, given they told there were only two remaining units available. I know both FEL 1CD and 3CD were released here, but both formats have been a knife stab when it comes to affording them.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:25 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

Not always the original is gold.. the 7" version is better for me

An interesting detail that many people overlook is that the first version people heard was the 7'' version, which came out long before the album version. For the general public back then, the 7'' was essentially the original. However, after 30 years, this has mostly been forgotten, and now most people assume the album version came first, followed by the single.

For me, it was a letdown when I bought the album and heard 'Like A Prayer.' Figuratively speaking, it felt as if half the instruments were missing compared to the 7'' version. The same thing happened to me with 'Open Your Heart' three years earlier (my mother bought the cassette when all the singles had been released). Situations like these are what turned me into a collector of her singles and remixes rather than her albums when I became a fan.

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

An interesting detail that many people overlook is that the first version people heard was the 7'' version, which came out long before the album version. For the general public back then, the 7'' was essentially the original. However, after 30 years, this has mostly been forgotten, and now most people assume the album version came first, followed by the single.

For me, it was a letdown when I bought the album and heard 'Like A Prayer.' Figuratively speaking, it felt as if half the instruments were missing compared to the 7'' version. The same thing happened to me with 'Open Your Heart' three years earlier (my mother bought the cassette when all the singles had been released). Situations like these are what turned me into a collector of her singles and remixes rather than her albums when I became a fan.

One very distinct memory I have of this kind of thing was with Paula Abdul’s Forever Your Girl album.

I bought the cassette during Cold Hearted’s run bc I loved that song and had liked Straight Up. Was so disappointed when I got it and the album track didn’t have her little rap (and had longer instrumental parts). Was so annoyed I had to get the cassingle anyway lol.

Ah the days when labels actively tried to sell both singles and albums.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, proxy said:

Wait that means vinyl coming? And here for choir version M is recognized as author, but not on Spotify ? lol 

Nah I don't think vinyl is coming, but a way of playing with the retro factor of the song for the YouTube upload.

And she should be as artist for the choir version on Spotify too, yes.