Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

12 hours ago, godonna said:

Whatever she got done, it happened ages ago. This is November 2023.

402026960_905086940966093_2562530234112583477_n.thumb.jpg.65fd9843f8aa754e04634fac965022d1.jpg

The lighting of that Tiktok makes it look way more extreme. It's the same room that made her look like a pink sleep paralysis demon in her "coming out" tiktok.

She had buccal fat removal since 2020madonna-pink-hair.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

So who's gonna have a buccal fat removal to celebrate if a miracle happens and "Like A Prayer" becomes a Top 10 hit again 35 years later?

Well, you did mention "miracle", and not to put a damper on such, but I don't think the song will reach a top 40 re-entry based off the attention of this film.  Certainly, a small resurgence of plays on digital and/or streaming services at best.  But it's interesting how willing the media is to keep mentioning her song being included in the film. It's almost like "payola".  LOL!

24 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

It looks very likely that ‘Like A Prayer’ will have a massive resurgence once the movie hits cinemas. Not sure if it will be ‘Running Up That Hill’ huge, but I can’t wait to see how this pans out 🙏🏼 

And the YouTube Like a prayer music video is 480p quality. Still. I mean.. ugh...

I've just read reviews from people who watched the movie! Oh my god! Straight men talk about Madonna songs!!! Like a prayer come out in the latter part of the movie, and they say they're getting ecstatic when like a prayer playing because of the movie theater's amazing sound system and of course that scene is fucking absolutely amazing!!!. And some straight men are even writing reviews that Madonna's song played the biggest role in Deadpool's success!!!! Oh my god! And right now straight men are looking for Madonna songs, asking if the Deadpool version remix has not been released yet!!!! OMG OMG! And other straight man says that he gonna watch Deadpool again and again just because Madonna's Like a prayer scene!! Now I see why Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are promoting so hard Madonna's Like a prayer in deadpool Promo tour! 

I was disappointed that Marvel used good songs in the original trailer and didn't come out well in the movie, but I loved using Madonna whole songs in the highlights of the movie!

Can you believe this review was written by straight men crazy about Marvel movies?

:Madonna018:

Where is Madonna's useless team? Release the Deadpool version remix right now!!

16 minutes ago, I am madonna said:

I've just read reviews from people who watched the movie! Oh my god! Straight men talk about Madonna songs!!! Like a prayer come out in the latter part of the movie, and they say they're getting ecstatic when like a prayer playing because of the movie theater's amazing sound system and of course that scene is fucking absolutely amazing!!!. And some straight men are even writing reviews that Madonna's song played the biggest role in Deadpool's success!!!! Oh my god! And right now straight men are looking for Madonna songs, asking if the Deadpool version remix has not been released yet!!!! OMG OMG! And other straight man says that he gonna watch Deadpool again and again just because Madonna's Like a prayer scene!! Now I see why Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are promoting so hard Madonna's Like a prayer in deadpool Promo tour! 

Ugh, straight men have always loved 'Like A Prayer.' Their issues with Madonna started with 'Express Yourself' and 'Vogue,' which they saw as too much 'gay-friendly'.

The movie reviews keep coming out, and what they have in common is that everyone is saying that the MVP of this movie is Madonna's song Like a prayer! 

When the younger generation asked people to tell them the name of the song from the movie Climax, and people telling them it was Madonna's Like a Prayer, so why do I have tears in my eyes?

My opinion is always the same. I can't see it as a coincidence, it's a marketing operation and has a precise signature: Warner Music.

They are getting back her credibility, thaey are using all the possible channels to make her historic tracks back to their well deserved glory. The actors of the movie are talking a lot about the song, the brilliance of the scene and her role in the improvement basically in every interview. They are asked to do so, it's part of the deal. She also went to the premiere in London, I mean ... who goes to a premiere just cause they use one of their old songs? Instead of what told in front of the cameras, Warner was probably looking for the right big movie to make an operation like this. I can be wrong of course, but I'm quite convinced this is another good marketing step, moved by her company.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ugh, straight men have always loved 'Like A Prayer.' Their issues with Madonna started with 'Express Yourself' and 'Vogue,' which they saw as too much 'gay-friendly'.

Exactly.  Also, we want Madonna to be "universally" beloved rather be segregated to just the gays. I think the latter has gone on long enough and it's time for Madonna to show her appeal is broader than to just Gay people.  Up until Vogue specifically, most straight fans loved Madonna. Many found her sexy and beautiful when she made a transformation during the True Blue album.  Due to the fact, she embraced gay people, it unfortunately turned some off.  It's dumb, but it still happened. I also feel she lost a lot female fans by the late 80's. Over the years, she's gone back and forth trying to appeal to a broader audience than just gays.  I think ROL was another time she was embracing a more universal appeal.  Let's face it, she's been very faithful to her gay fan base.  Very generous, but I think it's okay to share her with the rest of the world, without thinking Madonna just appeals to "gay people" which is untrue.  As she gets older, I think there will be a resurgent of straight fans re-discovering her music and appreciating her.  We should embrace it.  This will only help her legacy carry on to future generations who will be less and less discriminatory to one's sexual preference. :luv:

9 minutes ago, stefo said:

My opinion is always the same. I can't see it as a coincidence, it's a marketing operation and has a precise signature: Warner Music.

They are getting back her credibility, thaey are using all the possible channels to make her historic tracks back to their well deserved glory. The actors of the movie are talking a lot about the song, the brilliance of the scene and her role in the improvement basically in every interview. They are asked to do so, it's part of the deal. She also went to the premiere in London, I mean ... who goes to a premiere just cause they use on of their old songs? Instead of what told in front of the cameras, Warner was probably looking for the right big movie to make an operation like this. I can be wrong of course, but I'm quite convinced this is another good marketing step, moved by her company.

Very well said. And I sincerely hope you're right. I just can't stand with Live nation. UHG. So Warner Music is hoping it's better than Live Nation.

Let's make a circle and pray!!

Let's make a circle and pray.gif

6 minutes ago, stefo said:

They are getting back her credibility, thaey are using all the possible channels to make her historic tracks back to their well deserved glory. The actors of the movie are talking a lot about the song, the brilliance of the scene and her role in the improvement basically in every interview. They are asked to do so, it's part of the deal. She also went to the premiere in London, I mean ... who goes to a premiere just cause they use one of their old songs? Instead of what told in front of the cameras, Warner was probably looking for the right big movie to make an operation like this. I can be wrong of course, but I'm quite convinced this is another good marketing step, moved by her company.

I totally agree. I feel this is definitely a way to get Madonna accepted back into to mainstream pop culture.  To remind people who she is and her legacy.  Also, the world loves a huge comeback from a celebrity. Her Celebration Tour was a great way to kick that off.  Madonna deserves it, because other than offending some people usually based on sexuality, she's been a huge contributor to pop culture and the music industry.  

My guess for the rest of this year and throughout 2025, we're gonna see a huge positive resurgence to her career being it will be 40 years since she started to dominate the world.  To me, this seems very much planned out and it's no secret we're nearly 40 years from the moment she shook MTV with her performance of LAV.  I'm really feeling big things are on the way.  This is just the start. 

10 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I also feel she lost a lot female fans by the late 80's.

If she began losing straight men with 'Express Yourself' and 'Vogue,' she lost many female fans with 'Erotica' and 'Sex'. But I think she quickly regained her female fans by the end of the '90s. I'm not sure when she started to regain straight men.

11 hours ago, Anapausis said:

What do you have against FLAWLESS 2005 and 2015 live versions???

Gonna cry for you now!

OMFG now I know Madonna's own YouTube video from LAP @ Live 8 is in fucking SD!!!

WHAT THE HELL???

Oh my God, I am heartily sorry, for having offended Thee, and I detest, all my sins...

OMFG now I know Madonna's own YouTube video from LAP @ Live 8 is in fucking SD!!!

:Madonna041:

well, at least it is 360p which mean it is better quality than Celebration official music video which has 240p.

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

If she began losing straight men with 'Express Yourself' and 'Vogue,' she lost many female fans with 'Erotica' and 'Sex'. But I think she quickly regained her female fans by the end of the '90s. I'm not sure when she started to regain straight men.

May we say that straight men, with all the obvious exceptions, are usually a very powerful and yet immensly boring and basic audience? :kiss2::lol:

8 minutes ago, stefo said:

May we say that straight men, with all the obvious exceptions, are usually a very powerful and yet immensly boring and basic audience? :kiss2::lol:

But it was my straight male friends who recorded Madonna's albums for me; they wanted to corrupt me by making me a fan (I ended up corrupting myself when I saw 'Express Yourself'). :laughing:

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

I think she's always had a huge SILENT straight base.  Society can be a bitch and some just didn't admit their love for her when they really did enjoy her.  The "macho" attitude has really changed over the last decade. 

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I do think that society has put on this stupid pressure for straight men to act a certain way. I think Gay men should be able to relate to that because they were forced to suppress who they are and still are in many ways because the criticisms and lack of acceptance even in their own family.  I think we've come a long way in accepting the LGBTQ+ community, but even still we have individuals who hide who they really are and mostly because of their family or environment setting. But that's changing every year.  I feel before Madonna leave this earth, she will be revered as someone strong when it comes to the acceptance of minorities especially  regarding sexuality.  This idea that people are criticize for their sexual preference is ridiculous.  You can bet more and more people are going to dismiss such criticisms and realize Madonna was the forefront of accepting sexual identity.

18 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But it was my straight male friends who recorded Madonna's albums for me; they wanted to corrupt me by making me a fan (I ended up corrupting myself when I saw 'Express Yourself'). :laughing:

By the way, a lot of females bailed on her when she transition to the True Blue era as well.  The Virgin era was definitely a time she had a huge female fan base because she related to a lot of young females at the time.  But she grew up.  Some female fans grew up with her, while others moved on and many of them were simply fans of their era of growing up as teens.  So many people as teens are very influential by what's going on in their own era of growing up, but then they move on with their lives and aren't into music as much as some are.