Swae Lee is a Trumper

1 hour ago, Debord said:

Anyone who justifies voting for bigoted parties because "their sexuality isn't a big part of their lives" is either extremely privileged or extremely dumb (or both).

With regards to Swae Lee, would Madonna even have been able to know? Was he outspoken in supporting Trump previously?

I mean voting records are public I believe if she really wanted to😂. And I highly doubt someone who supports him now wasn’t supporting him in 2016, he’s much more radical now than in 2016

2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I mean voting records are public I believe if she really wanted to😂. And I highly doubt someone who supports him now wasn’t supporting him in 2016, he’s much more radical now than in 2016

No-one knew who he was in 2016 tho. 

11 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

So what! People are allowed to like and vote Trump. Why are lefties always so vocal and vitriolic. If he's a Trump supporter, that's his business and his right. I can't stand attacking people just because they have different views and opinions. 

If Trump was a normal Republican and not trying to be a dictator, then I would agree with you.

MAGA and Republicans are two different things entirely.

5 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I have friends voting for Trump and they are gay, liberal, progressive, kind, compassionate and hard-working people.

Theyre not voting for the man, but for the policies which, if examined closely, just recenter alot of stuff.

Remember when we used to do that? Voting on policy vs identity.

The man wants to get rid of democracy and stay longer than 4 years. The man wants to get rid of LGBTQ rights, the man does not women to have the right to do what they wish with their bodies.

I am shocked at all of the people here thinking Trump is like Reagan or Bush. He is not a normal Republican. This is a bit different that Republican vs. Democrat.

Let’s not pretend it isn’t.

2 hours ago, Debord said:

No-one knew who he was in 2016 tho. 

Madonna can search his voting history. If she knew him in 2019 she can look up his 2016 & 2018 history. Idk why him being unknown in 2016 is relevant 

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

I think you're wrong here. There are even some celebrities who were critical of him in 2016 and now ended up declaring their support. Think of Amber Rose. Hell even his own vice president pick had very strong words for him 8 years ago, now he acts like he had an honest change of heart and is kissing his ass.

I think the democrat base is turning former democrats off, because everything they stand for goes against traditional liberalism. They shunned everyone who didn’t repeat their ideas word for word, and that’s resulted in a lot of people no longer wanting to be part of the party. It’s like they shove people out the door then ask why they’re leaving. 

11 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I think you're wrong here. There are even some celebrities who were critical of him in 2016 and now ended up declaring their support. Think of Amber Rose. Hell even his own vice president pick had very strong words for him 8 years ago, now he acts like he had an honest change of heart and is kissing his ass.

There’s nothing honest about JD Vance.

just a few years ago he called Trump, Americas Hitler and said he’d never vote for him. Thankfully he cares about power more and switched his stance which is only helping the Left because he is bat shit crazy.

Liberals believe in not telling other people how they should and shouldn’t live. 

One side believes in the Land of the Free, the other only believes that if you agree with their beliefs (false Christianity).

I can’t talk about that convicted felon any longer. Now that Biden stepped down, I’m seeing more hope in this country then I have in years and I’m going to bask in it.

If Trump is the Right’s Response to what is going on on the Left; then we must examine what is going on that side.

Being Right-wing isnt bad. Just like being Left-wing isnt bad.

Its the extremes that are  to be monitered.

And we are quick to identify and label what behavior is far-right; people dont seem to be so eager to point out what is far-left.

But thats what happens when we shame, ostracize and cancel: we are no longer being provided with debate and a perspective on our behavior. Thats how cults happen.

So for the people claiming to want to save democracy, lets allow other points of view; lets allow the exchange of ideas (even bad ones); lets allow the voices we disagree with to be heard.

That is how we progess together.

Thats how we keep movements in sight instead of having them creep underground, waiting to strike.

5 hours ago, adirondak said:

There’s many things to dislike about Trump, but he has always supported gay marriage, which cannot be said of our current president who I’ve seen many of you express support for before he stepped down from running. 

Huh? Trump has not supported gay marriage and said that he would put Supreme Court justices up who would ban it. Where have you been?! Biden came out in support of gay marriage before Obama did over a decade ago. Biden even signed into law a bill codifying gay marriage. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2011/12/08/tsr-trump-on-gay-marriage.cnn

453405882-475427348450949-56964345590776

9 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I have friends voting for Trump and they are gay, liberal, progressive, kind, compassionate and hard-working people.

Theyre not voting for the man, but for the policies which, if examined closely, just recenter alot of stuff.

Uh huh.

29 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Did you watch your own clip? He never said he was against gay marriage. The second one, provide a video. Anyone can edit text over a screenshot.  Biden came out in 2012, after gays were readily accepted by society, against his own storied history of voting against gay rights and saying terrible things about them. Just like he did with black people before realizing he needed both demographics to keep his political career puttering along. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-says-he-s-fine-gay-marriage-60-minutes-interview-n683606 (2016). 

IMG_0768.jpeg

41 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

If Trump is the Right’s Response to what is going on on the Left; then we must examine what is going on that side.

Being Right-wing isnt bad. Just like being Left-wing isnt bad.

Its the extremes that are  to be monitered.

And we are quick to identify and label what behavior is far-right; people dont seem to be so eager to point out what is far-left.

But thats what happens when we shame, ostracize and cancel: we are no longer being provided with debate and a perspective on our behavior. Thats how cults happen.

So for the people claiming to want to save democracy, lets allow other points of view; lets allow the exchange of ideas (even bad ones); lets allow the voices we disagree with to be heard.

That is how we progess together.

Thats how we keep movements in sight instead of having them creep underground, waiting to strike.

You are correct.

Trump is an extremist, Biden is not.

Trump is an extremist, Kamala is not.

The AOC’s out there are, and I don’t agree with any extremism.

10 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I have friends too that are voting for him who are great people too, but the thing that boggles my mind is if they are voting on policy, what are they?  Nothing coming out of Trump's mouth is policy related. Every time he holds a rally, he's simply ridiculing, making fun of people, using a lot of hyperbole, fear mongering, and just saying over the top nonsense that doesn't even make sense. 

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

I have friends too that are voting for him who are great people too, but the thing that boggles my mind is if they are voting on policy, what are they?  Nothing coming out of Trump's mouth is policy related. Every time he holds a rally, he's simply ridiculing, making fun of people, using a lot of hyperbole, fear mongering, and just saying over the top nonsense that doesn't even make sense. 

You could just as easily ask what Kamala’s policies are and what in particular she’s accomplished?  I can tell you I see nothing distinguishing her policies from Joe Biden’s. They’re both puppets for the exact same people, the overall DNC. I’m not convinced Trump isn’t a puppet on his end either. However, not liking Trump isn’t a good reason to deny that Biden and Harris have little identity when it comes to policy. Trump being bad doesn’t make Harris good. 

Also rallies aren’t typically the place to discuss policy. They’re to rile up a base who already supports you and get them excited about going to the voting booth, which is true for both parties. Just like a pep rally in high school. 

47 minutes ago, adirondak said:

You could just as easily ask what Kamala’s policies are and what in particular she’s accomplished?  I can tell you I see nothing distinguishing her policies from Joe Biden’s. They’re both puppets for the exact same people, the overall DNC. I’m not convinced Trump isn’t a puppet on his end either. However, not liking Trump isn’t a good reason to deny that Biden and Harris have little identity when it comes to policy. Trump being bad doesn’t make Harris good. 

Also rallies aren’t typically the place to discuss policy. They’re to rile up a base who already supports you and get them excited about going to the voting booth, which is true for both parties. Just like a pep rally in high school. 

Well, I wasn't talking about Harris or Biden, and they have nothing to do with my issues with Trump.  Also, it's not only at Rallies. Anytime he's interviewed, he never talks about his policies. Even at the debate, he didn't speak of HIS policies.

14 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

How do your friends justify voting for someone who has already announced he's not going to accept the election results if it doesn't favor him?
It baffles me how this person is even allowed to be a candidate, when he incited an insurrection after losing the last time.

On 7/28/2024 at 11:14 PM, PaperFaces said:

People’s political opinions have nothing to do with their talent.

Its ok that we have different opinions and beliefs. We can still collaborate.

Its through association that we learn to empathize with others, become more compassionate and sometimes get them to understand us better.

Absolutely right!!
And I can't understand why this is so important in international Madonna forum?!
This isn't USA-only forum