Swae Lee is a Trumper

6 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

If Trump is the Right’s Response to what is going on on the Left; then we must examine what is going on that side.

Being Right-wing isnt bad. Just like being Left-wing isnt bad.

Its the extremes that are  to be monitered.

And we are quick to identify and label what behavior is far-right; people dont seem to be so eager to point out what is far-left.

But thats what happens when we shame, ostracize and cancel: we are no longer being provided with debate and a perspective on our behavior. Thats how cults happen.

So for the people claiming to want to save democracy, lets allow other points of view; lets allow the exchange of ideas (even bad ones); lets allow the voices we disagree with to be heard.

That is how we progess together.

Thats how we keep movements in sight instead of having them creep underground, waiting to strike.

Holding people responsible for what they support is not "shaming" and we don't "move forward" by pretending all beliefs are informed and all politics is equivalent.

5 hours ago, adirondak said:

Did you watch your own clip? He never said he was against gay marriage. The second one, provide a video. Anyone can edit text over a screenshot.  Biden came out in 2012, after gays were readily accepted by society, against his own storied history of voting against gay rights and saying terrible things about them. Just like he did with black people before realizing he needed both demographics to keep his political career puttering along. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-says-he-s-fine-gay-marriage-60-minutes-interview-n683606 (2016). 

IMG_0768.jpeg

Trump rolled back LGBTQ protections in heaps of ways as President. He's been contradictory on marriage, which in itself is worrying given how much of his party and base oppose it, but the reports this week are that he'll leave it alone cos there's little gained by going after it.

On 7/29/2024 at 8:39 AM, Robertthenurse said:

I believe (most likely) they discussed music, not politics. Plus Crave is not a political entity. If he was part of God Control then I’d see the point. How many of yall like Michael Jackson? And don’t give me he was found not guilty. 

“If the Glove don’t fit you must acquit”

🙄

s-l1600.jpg

On 7/29/2024 at 6:05 AM, Blue Skies said:

I know he had something to do with producing W.E

The golden Globes that year they were sitting together and she hugged him after she won best song :sad:.  2012 I think 

Madonna worked with him and like the rest of Hollywood she knew he was a sleaze. But that's not the same as violating others or being a rapist. I doubt she and others knew the extent of it.

18 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Such as? 

Such as:

- appointing anti-LGBTQ Judges throughout the system, including to the Supreme Court

- banning trans people from serving in the military

- allowing a religious exemption for federal contractors for protections against LGBTQ workers being fired due to being LGBTQ

- Opposing the Equality Act and saying he'd veto it if it passed

- revoking protections for trans students in public schools

- introduced a policy to discharge HIV+ people from the military

- removed nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ people that existed under the Affordable Care Act

- filed a brief with the Supreme Court asking it to legalise anti-LGBTQ discrimination in the workplace 

- ending protections for trans people in federal prisons

- Made it all but impossible for people persecuted for being LGBTQ to claim asylum in the USA.

Shall I go on?

14 hours ago, Shoful said:

Madonna can search his voting history. If she knew him in 2019 she can look up his 2016 & 2018 history. Idk why him being unknown in 2016 is relevant 

Eh? How can she search his voting history? And who looks for evidence of how someone voted before working with them?

1 hour ago, Debord said:

Such as:

- appointing anti-LGBTQ Judges throughout the system, including to the Supreme Court

- banning trans people from serving in the military

- allowing a religious exemption for federal contractors for protections against LGBTQ workers being fired due to being LGBTQ

- Opposing the Equality Act and saying he'd veto it if it passed

- revoking protections for trans students in public schools

- introduced a policy to discharge HIV+ people from the military

- removed nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ people that existed under the Affordable Care Act

- filed a brief with the Supreme Court asking it to legalise anti-LGBTQ discrimination in the workplace 

- ending protections for trans people in federal prisons

- Made it all but impossible for people persecuted for being LGBTQ to claim asylum in the USA.

Shall I go on?

As always you have to be fact checked. At no time were transgender people banned from enlisting. 

protecting trans rights in prisons? It’s not a right to go into the prison of the gender you identify as. There are multiple instances of women being raped in prison by men who identify as women who were convicted of raping women and demanded to be put in women’s prison. Do the women in those prisons deserve protection? Prisons are separated by sex because of the huge disparity in physical strength between men and women that could get someone hurt. 

I don’t have e time to go through your other claims. But I’m sure there’s similar holes in logic and reality. 

IMG_8187.png

1 hour ago, adirondak said:

As always you have to be fact checked. At no time were transgender people banned from enlisting. 

protecting trans rights in prisons? It’s not a right to go into the prison of the gender you identify as. There are multiple instances of women being raped in prison by men who identify as women who were convicted of raping women and demanded to be put in women’s prison. Do the women in those prisons deserve protection? Prisons are separated by sex because of the huge disparity in physical strength between men and women that could get someone hurt. 

I don’t have e time to go through your other claims. But I’m sure there’s similar holes in logic and reality. 

IMG_8187.png

"As always"? Please don't attempt sass when you transparently work backwards from 'how to discredit criticism of Trump'. The idea you're driven by concerns for the facts is laughable, and 'I don't have time' when you'll keep on posting here is utterly transparent.

You've quite literally posted a screengrab showing restrictions on trans people enlisting in the military, all of which were dropped in 2021 under Biden. Have a little read of the April 12 2019 paragraph again, cos it doesn't say what you seem to think it says.

And very telling that the other thing you had 'time' to 'fact check' consists of just parroting transphobic drivel at me. By far the biggest cause of violence against women in prison is prison staff. Trans people in prison are far more likely to be victims of violence than to perpetrate it. Pushing this line of 'oh a trans woman raped someone' is what bigots everywhere have done since time immemorial. 'Oh we can't have gays in the military, they'll assault straight people'. 'Oh we can't have gays teaching kids'.

And given your sincere concern for the safety of women in the criminal justice system, I would expect you'd support policies which seek to send less people to prison, and to transform prison into real places of rehabilitation,  as opposed to supporting the death penalty, solitary confinement and giving federal immunity to police.

3 minutes ago, Debord said:

"As always"? Please don't attempt sass when you transparently work backwards from 'how to discredit criticism of Trump'. The idea you're driven by concerns for the facts is laughable, and 'I don't have time' when you'll keep on posting here is utterly transparent.

You've quite literally posted a screengrab showing restrictions on trans being enlisting in the military, all of which were dropped in 2021 under Biden. Have a little read of the April 12 2019 paragraph again, cos it doesn't say what you seem to think it says.

And very telling that the other thing you had 'time' to 'fact check' consists of just parroting transphobic drivel at me. By far the biggest cause of violence against women in prison is prison staff. Trans people in prison are far more likely to be victims of violence than to perpetrate it. Pushing this line of 'oh a trans woman raped someone' is what bigots everywhere have done since time immemorial. 'Oh we can't have gays in the military, they'll assault straight people'. 'Oh we can't have gays teaching kids'.

And given your sincere concern for the safety of women in the criminal justice system, I would expect you'd support policies which seek to send less people to prison, and to transform prison into real places of rehabilitation,  as opposed to supporting the death penalty, solitary confinement and giving federal immunity to police.

I think you need to reread that paragraph. No need to get emotional. 

2 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I think you need to reread that paragraph. No need to get emotional. 

I've read it. It doesn't say what you seem to think it says, as I already said. Calling me "emotional" means nothing, cos I'm not a child and I actually have a clue what I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, Debord said:

I've read it. It doesn't say what you seem to think it says, as I already said. Calling me "emotional" means nothing, cos I'm not a child and I actually have a clue what I'm talking about.

Great. Also please quote my transphobia that you’ve claimed. I’ll wait. 

Just now, adirondak said:

Great. Also please quote my transphobia that you’ve claimed. I’ll wait. 

I already explained the transphobia? Go read above again. You seem to make a habit of not understanding what's being said and thinking that constitutes an argument, it's quite worrying.

1 minute ago, Debord said:

I already explained the transphobia? Go read above again. You seem to make a habit of not understanding what's being said and thinking that constitutes an argument, it's quite worrying.

Just quote it though?

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

Just quote it though?

"And very telling that the other thing you had 'time' to 'fact check' consists of just parroting transphobic drivel at me. By far the biggest cause of violence against women in prison is prison staff. Trans people in prison are far more likely to be victims of violence than to perpetrate it. Pushing this line of 'oh a trans woman raped someone' is what bigots everywhere have done since time immemorial. 'Oh we can't have gays in the military, they'll assault straight people'. 'Oh we can't have gays teaching kids'."

Also I'd like to take a moment to note the hilarity of you claiming you 'didn't have time' to fact-check anything beyond two things about trans people, me saying that was laughable cos you'd keep posting and...here we are. I knew as soon as I wrote my response that you would fixate on one of the things that only concerned trans people. Weird!

quote my actual post, not your inner thoughts. 

It's very clear from my response that I'm responding to your 'argument' about trans women being a threat to women in prison. If you seriously need me to quote that back to you, I sincerely worry about you. 

Just now, Debord said:

It's very clear from my response that I'm responding to your 'argument' about trans women being a threat to women in prison. If you seriously need me to quote that back to you, I sincerely worry about you. 

I worry that you call people transphobic and can’t back it up with a quote illustrating it.

I worry that you call people transphobic and can’t back it up with a quote illustrating it.

Dang, with all the time you're spending on this embarrassing nonsense you could have 'fact-checked' the rest of my statements of fact! All I can do is repeat myself: your inability to understand something isn't an argument, I'm afraid. Maybe have a little think about the rhetorical examples I gave re: gay people, it might unlock something.

11 hours ago, fmportela said:

How do your friends justify voting for someone who has already announced he's not going to accept the election results if it doesn't favor him?
It baffles me how this person is even allowed to be a candidate, when he incited an insurrection after losing the last time.

It's because they don't believe he did such. Remember, some of these people believed it was a 'peaceful demonstration'. Some compared it to a "tourist attraction".   Don't laugh yet though, there's more.... some blame the actual people who were there, and some even believe they were Democrats posing as Magas.  If I recall, some even said it didn't happen or the media made it all up.

Speaking of being "baffled",  one can't "vote" as a felon, so how is it possible one can run for the highest office in the land as a felon?  Whenever I hear this question posed to his supporters, most reply that the charges are "bogus" anyway, and it's just a way for Democrats to keep him from running. :Madonna007:

So regarding the "election results", these supporters fall in line with what he says.  They believe the election was rigged and they don't accept it either.

44 minutes ago, Adonna said:

It's because they don't believe he did such. Remember, some of these people believed it was a 'peaceful demonstration'. Some compared it to a "tourist attraction".   Don't laugh yet though, there's more.... some blame the actual people who were there, and some even believe they were Democrats posing as Magas.  If I recall, some even said it didn't happen or the media made it all up.

Speaking of being "baffled",  one can't "vote" as a felon, so how is it possible one can run for the highest office in the land as a felon?  Whenever I hear this question posed to his supporters, most reply that the charges are "bogus" anyway, and it's just a way for Democrats to keep him from running. :Madonna007:

So regarding the "election results", these supporters fall in line with what he says.  They believe the election was rigged and they don't accept it either.

I don’t believe he incited an insurrection. I also don’t believe it was fully peaceful. 

He asked for demonstrators to remain peaceful and respect Capitol police multiple times. 

Some demonstrators broke windows and were justifiably arrested. Others just wandered around and were peaceful but still ended up in jail. 

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

I watched an interesting (and shocking) documentary the other day about evangelicals in the USA, who apparently make up a third of voters. They believe in crazy shit about the end times and the return of Jesus, and have convinced themselves Trump is an important figure in that. It really explained the total irrationality that drives much of his support base.

22 hours ago, Shoful said:

I mean voting records are public I believe if she really wanted to😂.

Voting records in the USA are not public. You can see if they did or did not vote. But you can't see who they voted for. In fact, its illegal to even take a photo of your ballot in most states.

23 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I don’t believe he incited an insurrection. I also don’t believe it was fully peaceful. 

He asked for demonstrators to remain peaceful and respect Capitol police multiple times. 

Some demonstrators broke windows and were justifiably arrested. Others just wandered around and were peaceful but still ended up in jail. 

He had spent months spreading disinformation about the election being stolen, pressurised people in positions of power to falsify results and called the rally on January 6th knowing it was the congressional vote count. He was encouraging them to "fight" or they would have "no country left' in the hours before and refused calls to speak out when it was happening. Of course he incited it.