⭐️ M’s BIRTHDAY MONTH ⭐️

NRMX

4 hours ago, pawn_shop_blues said:

Another bday , another tbf but same ricardo and his filters 😭 

48 minutes ago, Madnness said:

This Ricardo guy needs to be stopped

I'm sure we'll get video material on her Insta, as every year, and on the videos we will see her with no filters, unlike the pics, and in her full glory.

Wow it's happening all the worst possible. They want to impede the theatre greek party cause it's considered inappropriate, so the prefect seems to have called a vertex and the escavations management denies the news. Cause with all the serious problems of the area in the middle of August they find the way to make of this thing a huge deal ... just to finish in the news: sad, provincial Country :Madonna008:

(EDITED: as always I couldn't say no :lol:) Ahahah sorry, I thought you would have used google translate :lol: I can't translate it now, I neither completely read it tbh, it's 3:15 a.m. Anyway it says that the problem is that M got the greek theatre for only 30.000€ and it's honestly a cheap price for one of the most important monuments in the whole world. So the prefecture asked for details and the management of the archeological site denied that the price was really that low.

My prediction knowing the italian way: there will be a lot of noise, people will act disconcerted about the thing, politicians will be be around with serious attitude begging for attention, then she'll arrive to Pompei and everybody will adore her as a goddess, the party will take place, the same offended people will try to corrupt any possible contact they'll find to get inside of the location and Pompei will remember it as one of the most lovely happenings ever. I really need to sleep now, sorry again :heart:

35 minutes ago, stefo said:

(EDITED: as always I couldn't say no :lol:) Ahahah sorry, I thought you would have used google translate :lol: I can't translate it now, I neither completely read it tbh, it's 3:15 a.m. Anyway it says that the problem is that M got the greek theatre for only 30.000€ and it's honestly a cheap price for one of the most important monuments in the whole world. So the prefecture asked for details and the management of the archeological site denied that the price was really that low.

My prediction knowing the italian way: there will be a lot of noise, people will act disconcerted about the thing, politicians will be be around with serious attitude begging for attention, then she'll arrive to Pompei and everybody will adore her as a goddess, the party will take place, the same offended people will try to corrupt any possible contact they'll find to get inside of the location and Pompei will remember it as one of the most lovely happenings ever. I really need to sleep now, sorry again :heart:

Something like this 

IMG-9308.gif 

1 hour ago, stefo said:

You are literally so very cute. I did read something about that today. 30k to rent space, and to probably bring a lot of people into that location will probably benefit more than not — humanity is literally lost. It’s that simple. Oh well. Cest La Vie 🤷‍♂️ night @stefo

Pompeii gets rented out for concerts & private events regularly. It’s  open almost daily for tourists; there’s a train stop within walking distance of the entrance so it’s not like she’s trampling on sacred ground. The ruins will give her plenty of Instagram photo ops. I’d like to see her recreate the “borderline” video by spray painting  a few statues and columns to really f w people.

It's also Debi Mazar's 60th birthday today and she is posting from Castiglioncello. Assuming M will be there with her. It's about 6 hours south of Lake Como where M & crew apparently stayed at D&G house last night. And it's then about another 6 hour drive down to Pompeii later in the week.

13 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

You are literally so very cute. I did read something about that today. 30k to rent space, and to probably bring a lot of people into that location will probably benefit more than not — humanity is literally lost. It’s that simple. Oh well. Cest La Vie 🤷‍♂️ night @stefo

Thanks a lot Robert, so kind of you :pray:

13 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

Pompeii gets rented out for concerts & private events regularly. It’s  open almost daily for tourists; there’s a train stop within walking distance of the entrance so it’s not like she’s trampling on sacred ground. The ruins will give her plenty of Instagram photo ops. I’d like to see her recreate the “borderline” video by spray painting  a few statues and columns to really f w people.

I'm writing this as an occasion of exchange, as I think these facts are also occasions for us to share our points of view on things, not to make polemics or something. It's true that Pompei is a place daily attended by many people and the location of theatre and music events (I went more than once myself there to attend ancient greek and roman tragedies and commedies and it was breathtaking). Said that, this is different imo. Monuments are common goods, they have to be open and accesiible to people, of course we need to pay some cheap money when we visit cause their descovery, maintenence and hospitality are very expensive. Now, the cultural goods matter is very controversial and complicated for different reasons imo (starting by what and why we chose to preserve some places and objects and not others, cause that is not about our past but it's much more about our present and especially about what we chose to leave and tell to future generations), I won't bore you with that, but surely the idea and the ways of renting them for private events can represent a legitimate matter of discussion.

Personally I'm all for it IF the event guarantees no risk of damages to the site, adeguate advantages in terms of communication and enhancement of the site in the public perception and a PROPER EARNING. So, they are not saying she shouldn't get it, they are saying she should pay a reasonable ammount of money to enjoy HER OWN BIRTHDAY PARTY in one of THE MOST EXCLUSIVE MONUMENTAL LOCATIONS IN THE WORLD. And that has nothing to do with M, they are not attacking her, they are talking about the price, the investment of this operation and the value we acknowledge to the good in this way. I also wrote it in the post where I shared the news the first time I read about it days ago: when opulance arrives at this point I'm not a huge fan of it. Said that, I think having M in Pompei is a good management strategy, I sustain it completely, but I also understand people who are discussing about the numbers that are circulating. The problem is that they will make a lot of noise and then they will like it when it happens, as provincial as we are ( it's provincial for me not getting the potential of such an event as getting completely uncritical in front of money, star system and this kind of stuff). 30.000€ is very cheap for such a luxury (and AGAIN it's not about M): you are that rich? you want to have such an exclusive experience in a common good? fine, you do it cause doing it also helps financially, but this thing has a value and you need to pay for it. For those people, who buy bags spending 5, 8, 13k, that amount of money is nothing. I'm sure that, even if the 30k number is real, M will do donations or something like it in addition, as generous as we know she is (after the earthquake in L'Aquila in 2009 she donated 500K !!!), but the problem is how Pompei shows to consider her value.

Anyway, the thing I'm more scared at the moment is not M recreating the Borderline video (:lol:), but - let's pray it won't happen - M wearing as an ancient roman lady or, worst, having everybody wearing togas and having bunch of grape floating by their hands: that would be the kitchest :cryin2::lol: