Madonna LIKE A PRAYER (Deadpool) EP OUT NOW!!

8 minutes ago, Scottyx said:

There are more Deadpool fans hearing Like A Prayer right now than Madonna fans in general is my guess. Just by sitting in the theatre watching the movie.

Marvel fans seeing the EP artwork will give them reason to buy it.

I believe this was well planned. 

The movie is Deadpool, not Madonna

Very exciting

This is very likely true.  I also think that Madonna and her team anticipated that this film will blow up and they wanted to stand out, rather be thrown in with a bunch of other artists of a soundtrack.  Making these releases separate from the soundtrack seems very strategic and done very smartly. 

38 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Why do you present this is as "fact" when you're just speculating here as the rest of us?  I appreciate your input on anything you post, but you don't know anymore than the rest of us if this was "last minute" or intended.  You're only saying it because it's not happening as fast or as the way you think it should be.  It's not as black and white as you're trying to present it.  I believe there is more going on that we don't realize, and this just comes down to the fact, we are impatient and want things yesterday.  We also are a society of wanting things immediately and then move on as soon as we get them. No one wants to enjoy and savor things anymore.  What I see here regarding this recent EP release is "milking the cow".  I'm sure they anticipated the film's popularity would last for some time.  So why not spread things out, rather just release everything at once? 

As for the "illegal downloads", etc., that would happen no matter what.  Just look at the people who are now making AI versions of songs based on teasers, before their actual release. No one seems to have patience for the actual official roll outs.

Anything I post as "fact" comes with proof or some kind of explanation at least, you just don't bother to read it and quote and write your long reply anyway.

Again. See this:

DWspo.png.b8b913625f5672393ff65b12a148730c.png

Track 1on the new EP is the exact same file as track 1 here, on the "Like A Prayer" album:

lap.png.82f790300760bff644b7b6a0a30b2209.png

For that reason, track 1 on the new EP should show right now the same streams count as track 1 on "Like A Prayer", 106M, but it doesn't yet.

Why is that? Simple: because this new EP was sent to Spotify just yesterday or two days ago maximum. Hence, it's indeed a last minute release and the Spotify system hasn't processed that total stream count info yet.

If it was planned and sent from advance, it would already show the 106M stream count on track 1 on the new EP. That process is automatic but takes the Spotify system a few days to update (behind the scenes). It will show within the next few days.

With planned and sent with advance releases like the single reissues, the preexisting tracks on Spotify always show the total count since day 1 (example: "Into The Groove" on the "Angel" single), cause they've been on their system for days/weeks and been processed.

It also came out around midnight Saturday, missing completely the Release Radar Friday window that would have been a wonderful push for the Battle Royale Mix and even got her some New Music Friday playlist placements around the world. Of course all of those chances are completely gone now being released randomly on a Friday evening.

So that's the fact, actually. it's indeed a messy last minute release, probably sent to services during Friday morning. But I'm very glad it's finally here anyway.

Ignorance is not bliss, M said long ago.

5 minutes ago, missberic said:

Missing the tremendous hype and marketing from the premiere and press interviews Ryan did talking about the song by not making it easier to find until two weeks later = very smart?

:Madonna032:

Yeah, as if Like A Prayer is a hard song to find?  :ahh:

17 minutes ago, vesalii said:

Boring as fuck, I didn’t like any of those mixes.

These remixes were specifically created for a few scenes in an action movie, not for listening at home while doing other things. The remix is almost identical to the original, with a few added beats and an 'epic' ending to fit the movie (oh, and a new re-recording of the chorus)

When we where in the movies and Madonna's vocals start playing i looked around a little to see how the audience would react en they loved it. Lots of people singing along and where kind of dancing in their seats. I got goosebumps all over in both scenes, the Madonna/Fight scene and the Choir scene at the end. Not that its important for this post but to give it a bit more positive vibe in here... 

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

These remixes were specifically created for a few scenes in an action movie, not for listening at home while doing other things. The remix is almost identical to the original, with a few added beats and an 'epic' ending to fit the movie (oh, and a new re-recording of the chorus)

yeah, it's simply the score version from the film.  The added "action" score sounds are what elevate it.   While I understand some think it sounds a bit "choppy", but it's in context of how it's played in the film sequence. It's essentially large elements of her song, combined with the action sequence of the score.  

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

So we can all agree the EP was needed in the end for this to finally take off.

oprah-shrug.gif

2 weeks is nothing in the middle of the summer. The movie is doing great.

Figure that in 25 years a 10 yo kid of 2024 will think of THIS version when they hear about Madonna.

[another Oprah gif]

1 hour ago, Javi13 said:

IMG_5961.jpeg

IMG_5960.jpeg

1 hour ago, Javi13 said:

iTunes Spain #2

IMG_5962.jpeg

I'LL LOVE YOU ILL LOVE YOU FOR LIFETIME, LIFETIMESSS I KNOW YOU FEEL IT- 

Ops my bad, wrong thread, i meant: Yes Madonna!!!! Let's go!!!!