Your least favorite single from each album?

Ayham

Madonna - Everybody

Like A Virgin - Material girl

True Blue - True Blue 

Like A Prayer - Dear Jessie 

Erotica - Fever

Bedtime Stories - Human nature 🤮

Ray Of Light - Drowned world 

Music - WIFLFA

American Life - Nothing Fails 

Confessions on a Dance Floor - Jump

Hard Candy - 4 Minutes 

MDNA - Turn Up the Radio 

Rebel Heart - Bitch I'm Madonna 🤮

Madame X: Crave 🤮

6 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I realize that Bedtime Stories singles are just perfect… the perfect selection. 😮💨

Survival would've been a fantastic final single just to remind GP that Madonna just doesn't need to resort on swearing to express her true feelings about how GP see her. Just a nemesis to what Human Nature represented to her - she just even didn't need to shot a MV to it. Actually it'd be perfect if she didn't use it as B-side to Bedtime Story but to Human Nature - like the yin and yang of being under scrutiny of entire world and not giving a shit for that.

EDIT: and Forbidden Love OBVIOUSLY would've worked much better as final single from STR instead of OMC - but I guess Warner wanted to push fresh material to end its cycle after LDLHA.

11 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I don’t know how some of you don’t like Human Nature or Erotica… 

lucious lyon wtf GIF

You asked what SINGLES we liked the least.  It doesn't necessarily mean we dislike them completely.  I love both songs, but as I stated with Erotica, I prefer the other singles released over Erotica. I still think Erotica is a kick ass song, especially the remixes.   Anyway, try not to take it to heart so much.  You asked, and people gave their honest opinions.

10 hours ago, Adonna said:

You asked what SINGLES we liked the least.  It doesn't necessarily mean we dislike them completely.  I love both songs, but as I stated with Erotica, I prefer the other singles released over Erotica. I still think Erotica is a kick ass song, especially the remixes.   Anyway, try not to take it to heart so much.  You asked, and people gave their honest opinions.

You’re right. 😁👍🏼

10 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Survival would've been a fantastic final single just to remind GP that Madonna just doesn't need to resort on swearing to express her true feelings about how GP see her. Just a nemesis to what Human Nature represented to her - she just even didn't need to shot a MV to it. Actually it'd be perfect if she didn't use it as B-side to Bedtime Story but to Human Nature - like the yin and yang of being under scrutiny of entire world and not giving a shit for that.

EDIT: and Forbidden Love OBVIOUSLY would've worked much better as final single from STR instead of OMC - but I guess Warner wanted to push fresh material to end its cycle after LDLHA.

I LOVE Forbidden Love ❤️ 

Holiday 

like a virgin

true blue

express yourself

hanky panky

justify my love

Fever ( was a single in my country )

take a bow

one more chance( hate this song )

the power of goodbye

dont tell me

american life ( pure excrement)

hung up ( sorry too camp for me)

4 minutes 

turn up the radio / GGW and GMAYL ( hate all these songs the same 😆 )

BIM - her worst ever song , makes my ears bleed 

Medellin 

11 hours ago, Ayham said:

I don’t know how some of you don’t like Human Nature or Erotica… 

'Erotica' is a masterpiece, but 'Human Nature,' despite its great lyrics, sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me due to its melody and instrumentation. It was actually the first Madonna song I couldn't stand (the second being 'Bitch I'm Madonna,' though to a lesser extent). Thankfully, the remixes of 'Human Nature' exist; otherwise, I wouldn't be able to listen to it at all.

I find it more surprising when someone says that 'Open Your Heart' and 'Express Yourself' are the worst singles from their albums

Madonna: Bordoline

Like a virgin: Material girl

True Blue: Open your heart

Who's that girl: Who's that girl

Like a prayer: Express yourself

I'm Breathless: Vogue

The Immaculate collection: Rescue me

Erotica: Deeper and Deeper

Bedtime stories: take a bow

Evita: Another suitcase in another hall

Ray of light: nothing really matters

Music: don't tell me

American life: nothing fails

Confessions on the dance floor: Jump

Hard Candy: Give it to me

MDNA: Girl gone wild

Rebel Heart: Ghosttown

Madame x: God control

Madonna: Everybody

Like a virgin: Angel

True Blue: True blue (but I love the remix/edit)

Who's that girl: Causing a commotion

Like a prayer: Dear Jessie

Erotica: Bye bye baby

Bedtime stories: Human nature

Ray of light: Drowned world

Music: What is feels like for a girl

American life: American life

Confessions on the dance floor: Get together

Hard Candy: 4 minutes

MDNA: GMAYL

Rebel Heart: Bitch I'm Madonna

Madame x: Medellin

Mine is a bit controversial but here it is:

Madonna: Everybody

Like a virgin: Material Girl

True Blue: True Blue

Who's that girl: N/A

Like a prayer: Cherish

Erotica: Deeper and Deeper (I just don't care for the flamenco breakdown, feels out of place to me)

Bedtime stories: N/A

Ray of light: N/A

Music: Don't Tell Me

American life: Love Profusion

Confessions on the dance floor: Jump

Hard Candy: N/A

MDNA: N/A

Rebel Heart: Bitch I'm Madonna

Madame x: Crave and I Rise (Singles should've been Medellin, IDSIF, God Control, with Faz Gostoso and Come Alive as regional singles)

HONORABLE MENTIONS: You'll See, One More Chance, American Pie, Into The Hollywood Groove, Hey You, Frozen Sickick, Material Gworl

So so hard! But here ya go....

Madonna - Borderline

Like A Virgin - Like A Virgin

True Blue - True Blue 

Like A Prayer - Dear Jessie 

Erotica - Bye Bye Baby

Bedtime Stories - Human nature 

Ray Of Light - Drowned world 

Music - WIFLFA

American Life - Hollywood

Confessions on a Dance Floor - Get Together

Hard Candy - 4 Minutes 

MDNA - Turn Up The Radio

Rebel Heart - Bitch I'm Madonna 

Madame X: Crave 

Since her first albums, I could say that I have always agreed and liked all the singles released by Madonna, so I couldn't decide which one I like the most or the least.
However, the problems would begin with the album Music.

Music - What it feels like for a girl. With so many ballads that perfectly represented the sound and theme of the album, I don't understand and will never understand why she decided on this generic and boring ballad. Maybe it was because the lyrics had clearly feminist overtones? As if anyone cared and asked for a song on the radio just because of the lyrics. God!

Mdna - I didn't like any of the singles from this era. In fact, the choice of singles for this album was really bad. I mean, how do you decide to release a song aimed at children as the first single (because of the whole cheerleading and football thing) and then release a song like Girl gone Wild where promiscuity and sadomasochism are encouraged?

Rebel Heart - Living for love.  A song that was stillborn from the moment it was born. Perhaps it would have had a different fate if another producer had been in charge, because the live version of this song is totally different and much better than the original, especially that intro that gives more class and elegance to the song. An intro that does not appear in the album version, by the way.

Madonna: Lucky Star

Like A Virgin: LAV (the reinventions of the song save it)

True Blue: PDP

Like A Prayer: Keep It Together

Erotica: Bye Bye Baby

Bedtime Stories: Human Nature

Ray Of Light: POG (the remixes were such a disappointment aside from Fabian's Good God Mix which is one of her most underrated mixes ever. It deserved a trance mix!)

Music: WIFLFAG (She should have made 2 videos. The album version is kind of a snooze for me, but other people seemed to love it at the time.

American Life: Love Profusion (That Lancome video. The children's book author styling. For such a great song...)

Confessions on a Dance Floor: Sorry (I love it, but not should not have been single #2 imo)

Hard Candy: 4 Minutes (Justin is a stain on her catalog)

MDNA: GAYL/ GGW tie. 

Rebel Heart: LFL (the final product lost the magic of the demo for me. Not first single material imo. The Strobe '92 remix is amazing  btw)

Madame X: Everything except Ciao Bella and Funana. 

On 8/12/2024 at 5:17 AM, Aiwa08 said:

'Erotica' is a masterpiece, but 'Human Nature,' despite its great lyrics, sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me due to its melody and instrumentation. It was actually the first Madonna song I couldn't stand (the second being 'Bitch I'm Madonna,' though to a lesser extent). Thankfully, the remixes of 'Human Nature' exist; otherwise, I wouldn't be able to listen to it at all.

I find it more surprising when someone says that 'Open Your Heart' and 'Express Yourself' are the worst singles from their albums

I love the album version of HN and the remixes, but have always hated how it sounds live.