Angela Becker 2024 interview: PSB, Madonna and more

Prayer

7 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

This is exactly why a 2 hour or even 3 hour biopic is not gonna work for me. This paragraph alone should be turned into a God damn mini series.

Keeping dreaming because if you're trying to appeal to the general public, it will need to be streamlined and simplified.

50 minutes ago, littlestartman said:

who cares about Kaballah when she delivered ROL-Music-AL-COADF during those heavy K years. The best output for an artist after 40

Exactly. I know she was engrossed in Kaballah for a few albums, but I enjoyed the output very much at the time.  We all evolve and our inspired by things in our lives. I have no criticisms from those years.  We've all been there where we felt strongly about something and used it as our muse.  We all re-evaluate those times as years go on, depending on where our journey takes us. It's all part of life. At the end of the day, she's still healthy and alive.  Whatever works for her, is fine by me.  It doesn't mean I believe everything she puts out there works best for others. We have to do what works for us.  :heart:

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I totally agree.

Talking about it, Islam never asks for any money. You cannot even worship any material objects (no statues, nothing to hang on your wall, etc...). You don't need to spend 1 dollar to be a muslim. There is absolutely nothing to buy.

59 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I totally agree.

Talking about it, Islam never asks for any money. You cannot even worship any material objects (no statues, nothing to hang on your wall, etc...). You don't need to spend 1 dollar to be a muslim. There is absolutely nothing to buy.

Because the religios leaders and royal families already have all the oil money necessary and use religion to keep themselves in power lol

7 hours ago, littlestartman said:

who cares about Kaballah when she delivered ROL-Music-AL-COADF during those heavy K years. The best output for an artist after 40

Actually for the 2003 - 2007 period was really the more kaballah heavy period in the sense she was preaching and preaching, and Confesions is a Kabalah album disguised as a fun album in order to gain popularity again but keep the preaching LOL.

Even though it seems ROL might be most kabalah inspired one, I don´t think so, cause it was more introspective than preaching one. And music might be the one more free of that preaching of those 4 albums.

5 hours ago, littlestartman said:

Because the religios leaders and royal families already have all the oil money necessary and use religion to keep themselves in power lol

There are no religion leaders in Islam. We don't have a pope or anyone else. There is absolutely no human being that is being worshipped in islam. It's actually one of the most important thing in islam, to never worship anyone or any material object. 

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

Actually for the 2003 - 2007 period was really the more kaballah heavy period in the sense she was preaching and preaching, and Confesions is a Kabalah album disguised as a fun album in order to gain popularity again but keep the preaching LOL.

Even though it seems ROL might be most kabalah inspired one, I don´t think so, cause it was more introspective than preaching one. And music might be the one more free of that preaching of those 4 albums.

I totally agree. 

7 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Mmm not really. She was talking about Kabbalah all through the Ray of Light promo . From the MTV ultrasound in the studio onward through to the later promo it was all about Kabbalah in that era.

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Mmm not really. She was talking about Kabbalah all through the Ray of Light promo . From the MTV ultrasound in the studio onward through to the later promo it was all about Kabbalah in that era.

Totally. Mother Earth was mothering:

And this is why Kabbalah worked for her - and for other people. And why the image helped her so much publicly. Nothing but common sense points in that EPK but the kind that you maybe forget in your everyday life and is good to remember or that someone remembers you from time to time.

Scam cult or not, it was a positive message regardless. And while preachy sometimes, yes, in the end generally it was a positive message she was sharing with the world.

20 hours ago, Starchild said:

I'm someone who knows better than to believe everything I read on a forum.

well, believe it, don't believe it, I said what I know as a fact for years .

I wish it would be lies as it's an embarrassment for M to be with Stuart, I mean, this is border-lining desperation .

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wonder if Madonna has ever heard of or seen Neon Genesis Evangelion...it's SO her...it's got angels, it's motherless children, it's got the fight against systematic patriarchy, and most important of all it's all about KABBALAH!

She would love it, it's actually very Madonna coded in that sense.

2 hours ago, adled said:

well, believe it, don't believe it, I said what I know as a fact for years .

I wish it would be lies as it's an embarrassment for M to be with Stuart, I mean, this is border-lining desperation .

Yes but where did you hear that?

She was supposedly banging Lenny Kravitz in 2006 too.

During the Ray of Light era it was the beginning of the new cult for her. It was the good side of the cult, very spiritual, loving toward everyone, very light, like a positive wind, as always at the beginning of a cult. It's always after that things start to make a turn into something a bit darker and, let's say, more "special"... You can totally feel the different 'mood' and the different approach to Kabbalah when you compare 1998 and 2003.  

58 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

During the Ray of Light era it was the beginning of the new cult for her. It was the good side of the cult, very spiritual, loving toward everyone, very light, like a positive wind, as always at the beginning of a cult. It's always after that things start to make a turn into something a bit darker and, let's say, more "special"... You can totally feel the different 'mood' and the different approach to Kabbalah when you compare 1998 and 2003.  

Oh please elaborate more, I love your writing: Yes totally. The interviews, it´s like she was always preaching and preaching and then the children books LOL I love it. She is nuts and I love her. By the way, I started my fandon in 1999 so my very first 10 years with her she was like that all the time and we thought she was going to be like that forever lol.