Celebration Tour - Second leg?

20 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Can she officially release RIO or is it under contract? I’d assume she is editing her own version of the show but you never know with that one.

My guess is she has the rights to the RIO show but purposely won't release it so RIO doesn't take away from the upcoming concert film version of the tour.  RIO will probably end up as a release in 10 years in some collector's package, special cloud, hologram or whatever the platform will be in 2034.  

9 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

My guess is she has the rights to the RIO show but purposely won't release it so RIO doesn't take away from the upcoming concert film version of the tour.  RIO will probably end up as a release in 10 years in some collector's package, special cloud, hologram or whatever the platform will be in 2034.  

I think the rights issue is a moot point for her tours - I mean look at BA tour and MX Tours ? 
 Do we definitely know a tour film is even coming ? It seems a bit redundant now we have the Rio show and it will be edited to death too 😢

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I think the rights issue is a moot point for her tours - I mean look at BA tour and MX Tours ? 
 Do we definitely know a tour film is even coming ? It seems a bit redundant now we have the Rio show and it will be edited to death too 😢

An official Celebration tour film hasn't been officially announced but I do know Jonas Akurlund didn't get paid to go on tour with her so he could direct cameras for the shows only. The camera shots were so well planned they could've hired someone with less of a pedigree to call the same shots night after night. Hopefully since thousands of 4k fan videos circulating online show how she looked and sounded, they won't go full overkill with the editing.

In the US, Blond Ambition (the Nice show that hbo aired) was released exclusively on laserdisc in winter 1990 and didn't make it to VHS until Dec 1991. (The Yokohama laserdisc was only released in Japan.) I think M and management handled the BA live releases very well since the BA laserdisc and VHS releases sandwiched the theatrical and VHS release of "Truth or Dare". 

As far as I know, MX is only available on streaming for now. The footage from that tour was so incomplete due to her injuries that it's a great feat that even with reshoots, we got anything. I don't think they're in a rush to make that widely available since it was really compromised.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes we know for sure multiple confirmation plus I spent one of the Celebration Tour nights next to Jonas all night long 

2 hours ago, Andymad said:

Can she officially release RIO or is it under contract? I’d assume she is editing her own version of the show but you never know with that one.

1 hour ago, Magic Pussy said:

I’ve been saying that at the very least I wish she’d get the Rio show up on a major streaming platform. A proper tour film would be nice but I feel the Rio show would have much greater gp appeal if easily available to them. A tour film would be consumed by fans primarily.

Anyway, how wild would it be if she ends up hitting the same wall w/her biopic planning and does decide to do another leg.