20th Anniversary of Re-Invention Tour!

Adonna

Favorite Act from Re-Invention Tour?   

105 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Act from Re-invention Tour?

• Act 1: Marie Antoinette
    • Act 2: Military
    • Act 3: Circus
    • Act 4: Acoustic
    • Act 5: Scottish-Tribal

7 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

But she looked absolutely stunning in the 00s! And I believe she was on a really good path for her. I really loved her writing in the 00s.

I said before, I became a fan at that time so it´s special for me yes and she looked amazing. To me she had two peak, the 80s and 1998-2006.

12 hours ago, Agent Cooper said:

Never saw this interview in such good quality :luv:

What a DREAM a Tour Boxset could be. Imagine if they come with different artwork. That would be iconic.

I believe you, but I think is so silly that they didn't record the whole show. The crew was there, it's not like they were in the 50s when there wasn't enough tape :Madonna039:

It was shot on 35mm Film so I can see then saving some money and not taping all the show. Same thing with BAT.

15 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I believe Hamish was the director of the Super Bowl so I bet they are at least in speaking terms. I remember her saying in the 2005 Attitude interview that she couldn’t  release the full show before the documentary but that is was coming. With the infamous Tour Boxset they were working on and nothing happened. 

I remember news of that as well! I hope Hamish and M can one day do a new edit with good angles/colours like clips you posted above; maybe one already exists that they like. And hope they put it on streaming services. It's a really special show to not have it in its full glory. 

23 minutes ago, Agent Cooper said:

Speaking of Re-Invention, I love these 2 girls (mom and daughter) reactions to Madonna, so cool!

Agreed!  They are always so fun to watch.  They are positive and very insightful of their responses.  Their interactions are so sweet as well. You can tell they have a special relationship.  :luv:

9 hours ago, Adonna said:

Agreed!  They are always so fun to watch.  They are positive and very insightful of their responses.  Their interactions are so sweet as well. You can tell they have a special relationship.  :luv:

If Voguerista says about them the same thing you're talking about, I TRULY wish the same spell you have cast to her, instead of the spell of invisibility!!!

The Beast Within/ Vogue/ Bedtime Story

The show could have been those 3 numbers repeated 10 times and it would knock out every show she's done after Confessions. And she's only on the stage for one of the three.

Vogue coming back after a decade long hiatus to open the show is something that I don't think people grasp today. It was nuts.

Top tier Madonna.

P.s. I love the NKM performance (love the song, remixes etc) but I would have lost my mind had she done Nothing Really Matters. I remember that being the rumour. 

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

The show could have been those 3 numbers repeated 10 times and it would knock out every show she's done after Confessions. And she's only on the stage for one of the three.

Vogue coming back after a decade long hiatus to open the show is something that I don't think people grasp today. It was nuts.

Top tier Madonna.

P.s. I love the NKM performance (love the song, remixes etc) but I would have lost my mind had she done Nothing Really Matters. I remember that being the rumour. 

NRM was originally planned to follow NKM (actually, first Swim, then NRM, then Frozen). NKM would have the Aviddiva Remix MV for backdrop while NRM would have as backdrop what had turned into actual NKM's backdrop. As far as my memory goes it was Jamie King who told Madonna that both songs on a row would very boring and repetitive, so Madonna went to Frozen taking back the Flex video by Chris Cunningham originally meant for Swim. EDIT: according to same source the dance routine on the catwalk was meant for NRM, then NKM took it.

6 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Top tier Madonna.

I've said for years she could've sent everyone home satisfied after that dark intense "Beast Within" intro and "Vogue". That "Bedtime Story" video interlude was/ is so incredible especially since the original video was so iconic. 

1 hour ago, Magic Pussy said:

I've said for years she could've sent everyone home satisfied after that dark intense "Beast Within" intro and "Vogue". That "Bedtime Story" video interlude was/ is so incredible especially since the original video was so iconic. 

I think I'm one of the very few that wasn't that impressed by the Vogue performance on this tour. I specifically just disliked the mix/vocals they used for this. Of course, she mimed it, and it just sounded awful to me. The performance with her and the dancers were super though.  Still, the tour as a whole was fantastic.  :)

3 hours ago, Adonna said:

I think I'm one of the very few that wasn't that impressed by the Vogue performance on this tour. I specifically just disliked the mix/vocals they used for this. Of course, she mimed it, and it just sounded awful to me. The performance with her and the dancers were super though.  Still, the tour as a whole was fantastic.  :)

I’m still not over how an entire verse from “Vogue” was cut from IGTTYAS. I know she used re-recorded vocals that definitely were 100% used in the doc but when I saw it live I’m not sure how much backing track was mixed w live vocal. In the moment, I loved it. The beast within intro was so unexpected to me. I have a few rough bootlegs I’ll have to revisit. The Lisbon show looks and sounds clear but some of those dated looking Dutch angles and less than exciting shots make me think that’s why she didn’t love it so much.

11 hours ago, Adonna said:

Yes, the vocals were very plain and nasal, don´t know why. The entire Madame X sounds like that, but on 2004 she could have sounded at the studio much much better.

8 minutes ago, Tony Fortin said:

There really is no weak segment

I vote for Circus just to balance the trends

To me it's unarguably the best one. The Hanky Panky haters gonna hate but the entire gay twenties segment was at the same time the funniest and most touching of all the five.

EDIT: and the darest one. Sorry to war segment but you're just a snoozefest.

4 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Yes, the vocals were very plain and nasal, don´t know why. The entire Madame X sounds like that, but on 2004 she could have sounded at the studio much much better.

Yeah, I'm shocked she was okay with that?  But as Tony says....

2 hours ago, Tony Fortin said:

There really is no weak segment

I vote for Circus just to balance the trends

I do agree here.  So many great moments in each segmant.  I had a hard time choosing.  But again, one of few fans, I really loved her re-indention of IMAGINE... that whole acoustic segment was so good!! :)

6 hours ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, I'm shocked she was okay with that?  But as Tony says....

I do agree here.  So many great moments in each segmant.  I had a hard time choosing.  But again, one of few fans, I really loved her re-indention of IMAGINE... that whole acoustic segment was so good!! :)

Speaking of Imagine, which must've cost her a lot of $$$$ to license to perform live plus use in IGTTYAS and release on her live CD, I wonder if she'll license I Will Survive and Billie Jean if she ends up releasing CT in a similar blu-ray and/ or CD format. I wouldn't miss either (and she didn't perform I Will Survive in RIO if that ever gets a physical release) but I'm curious since she cut Love Don't Live Here from the Rebel Heart Tour release. My guess is that aside from her really loving the song, licensing Imagine was a flex but she decided to cut corners on RHT's release including licensing LDLHA. I know I Will Survive had a lot meaning to add it to this set list but it will be interesting to see if she uses "Express Yourself" instead.

1 minute ago, Magic Pussy said:

Speaking of Imagine, which must've cost her a lot of $$$$ to license to perform live plus use in IGTTYAS and release on her live CD, I wonder if she'll license I Will Survive and Billie Jean if she ends up releasing CT in a similar blu-ray and/ or CD format. I wouldn't miss either (and she didn't perform I Will Survive in RIO if that ever gets a physical release) but I'm curious since she cut Love Don't Live Here from the Rebel Heart Tour release. My guess is that aside from her really loving the song, licensing Imagine was a flex but she decided to cut corners on RHT's release including licensing LDLHA. I know I Will Survive had a lot meaning to add it to this set list but it will be interesting to see if she uses "Express Yourself" instead.

I hadn't thought about the omission of these tracks.  I hope she is able to include them though in the film concert because I felt like they were key performances, even though she did switch out "I Will Survive" many times.

I don't believe you need a license to perform cover songs live, but yes, she would have to get permission and pay whatever fee license to add it to the concert film. 

18 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I hadn't thought about the omission of these tracks.  I hope she is able to include them though in the film concert because I felt like they were key performances, even though she did switch out "I Will Survive" many times.

I don't believe you need a license to perform cover songs live, but yes, she would have to get permission and pay whatever fee license to add it to the concert film. 

She definitely used IWS to tell her story so it will be interesting to see the outcome. I like EY with a bit of country so hopefully we can get both. As far as licensing, a popular act like Madonna vs a bar cover band would've had to pay to play it live but the agreement to license it for streaming or physical products would be more substantial cost and possible denial. 

46 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

She definitely used IWS to tell her story so it will be interesting to see the outcome. I like EY with a bit of country so hopefully we can get both. As far as licensing, a popular act like Madonna vs a bar cover band would've had to pay to play it live but the agreement to license it for streaming or physical products would be more substantial cost and possible denial. 

People cover other artists all the time and do not have to obtain a license or pay a fee.  Now, if you just play (not perform) the original song, (like with Billie Jean), then yes you have to pay, but "I Will Survive" and "Imagine" being performed (as long as it's not using any original instrumentation), does not need a license nor any paid fee.  But yes, no matter how it's performed, when released in a concert film, there are licenses fee that have to be obtained and paid.  Does that make sense?  My guess, they did have to obtain permission to play Billie Jean at her concerts being that included the original instrumentation and Michael's actual voice.

And yes, I hope she includes EY and IWS for the film concert release, but I suspect one will be included as a "bonus" to the concert film. 

33 minutes ago, Adonna said:

People cover other artists all the time and do not have to obtain a license or pay a fee.  Now, if you just play (not perform) the original song, (like with Billie Jean), then yes you have to pay, but "I Will Survive" and "Imagine" being performed (as long as it's not using any original instrumentation), does not need a license nor any paid fee.  But yes, no matter how it's performed, when released in a concert film, there are licenses fee that have to be obtained and paid.  Does that make sense?  My guess, they did have to obtain permission to play Billie Jean at her concerts being that included the original instrumentation and Michael's actual voice.

And yes, I hope she includes EY and IWS for the film concert release, but I suspect one will be included as a "bonus" to the concert film. 

I promise popular artists have to pay to perform covers at major venues especially if they're part of a regular set list and they're selling (very expensive) tickets. Bar bands, coffee shop guitarists and under the radar cover bands don't need to ( but some bands bite back if the cover band is a major draw or they just don't want them performing the songs).