20th Anniversary of Re-Invention Tour!

Adonna

Favorite Act from Re-Invention Tour?   

105 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Act from Re-invention Tour?

• Act 1: Marie Antoinette
    • Act 2: Military
    • Act 3: Circus
    • Act 4: Acoustic
    • Act 5: Scottish-Tribal

31 minutes ago, Agent Cooper said:

Actually, yesterday I was angry with the "new info" about they not including LDLHA by choice, lol

There are a few songs in RHT film release that I enjoy: True Blue, La Vie En Rose, Heartbreak City, Unapologetic Bitch... Fortunely, they slowed down the frenzy a little bit for ballads.

But I never know wich one is the worst, MDNA or RHT. The only edits I love on MDNA film release is Like A Virgin and Love Spent, they are so dramatic, beautiful and it works.

To end with a positive note, I really like Madame X Tour release, still very edited but I think it's not so fast and we can appreciate the concert. I love Sticky & Sweet video edit as well, it's very similar to a regular broadcast. And now we have the incredible footage of Celebration Tour, by Globo TV and awesome fan edits.

I can understand be frustrated about the omitting LDLHA.  It's really a crime being that was a sweet spot in the show for a lot of fans.

I agree the mentions of those songs you mentioned, again, many sweet spots.  Though, I also really enjoyed the Candy Shop performance which really sold me on enjoying that song more than I ever did before. The whole section where she chose to sing a different song acoustically was nice.  I really loved her Burning Up performance as well. For me, the lack luster was "Holiday" on that tour.  It's the one time she performed that, where I really didn't feel the joy that song usually does emit when she performs it.  While CELEBRATION's tour sorta gave it a somber spin to it, by the end, but that was done to put emphasis on the AIDS epidemic that  impacted her in the 80's and 90's.

For me, I still choose MDNA, if for anything, the sound/mixing. It was just awful. I didn't mind the effects sprinkled throughout the show, but it got weird around Vogue for me. Though, I agree, the LAV/Love Spent effects were perfect. I agree it worked specifically for that dramatic effect she was hoping for.  MDNA had a pretty solid set list I enjoyed too, but it was a pretty dark show compared to Rebel Heart which was more lighter and fun.  Also, I felt like she really connected with the crowd on the Rebel Heart Tour. 

MADAME X Tour was fine for me, but again I take issue with the sound/mix they went for on that tour.  I absolutely hated how she sounded on Frozen.  Also, LAP was pretty lifeless.  May favorite part was toward the middle when she sang some of the Portuguese influence songs.  But like MDNA, the tour was pretty dark and maybe her most political tour ever. Also, you just felt a huge negative vibe from the show because she seemed to be in pain most of the tour and it showed.  She powered through it, so I give her that. She should have cut the tour short once the Holidays came around.  Just left it there because by the new year, it just really became a huge chaos mess.  The pandemic may have been her savior (as odd as that sounds) since it forced her to end the tour before completing the tour, risking her physical health even more.

6 hours ago, Agent Cooper said:

There are a few songs in RHT film release that I enjoy: True Blue, La Vie En Rose, Heartbreak City, Unapologetic Bitch... Fortunely, they slowed down the frenzy a little bit for ballads.

Seeing her perform La Vie En Rose on the RHT is a moment I will remember forever. The entire arena was dead quiet, she had us in the palm of her hand. I was so impressed. 

21 hours ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Seeing her perform La Vie En Rose on the RHT is a moment I will remember forever. The entire arena was dead quiet, she had us in the palm of her hand. I was so impressed. 

Same here. It's definitely a highlight to the whole show.  I know I was captivated by it and she sounded so beautiful and cute singing it.

On 8/25/2024 at 3:39 PM, Adonna said:

I can understand be frustrated about the omitting LDLHA.  It's really a crime being that was a sweet spot in the show for a lot of fans.

I agree the mentions of those songs you mentioned, again, many sweet spots.  Though, I also really enjoyed the Candy Shop performance which really sold me on enjoying that song more than I ever did before. The whole section where she chose to sing a different song acoustically was nice.  I really loved her Burning Up performance as well. For me, the lack luster was "Holiday" on that tour.  It's the one time she performed that, where I really didn't feel the joy that song usually does emit when she performs it.  While CELEBRATION's tour sorta gave it a somber spin to it, by the end, but that was done to put emphasis on the AIDS epidemic that  impacted her in the 80's and 90's.

For me, I still choose MDNA, if for anything, the sound/mixing. It was just awful. I didn't mind the effects sprinkled throughout the show, but it got weird around Vogue for me. Though, I agree, the LAV/Love Spent effects were perfect. I agree it worked specifically for that dramatic effect she was hoping for.  MDNA had a pretty solid set list I enjoyed too, but it was a pretty dark show compared to Rebel Heart which was more lighter and fun.  Also, I felt like she really connected with the crowd on the Rebel Heart Tour. 

MADAME X Tour was fine for me, but again I take issue with the sound/mix they went for on that tour.  I absolutely hated how she sounded on Frozen.  Also, LAP was pretty lifeless.  May favorite part was toward the middle when she sang some of the Portuguese influence songs.  But like MDNA, the tour was pretty dark and maybe her most political tour ever. Also, you just felt a huge negative vibe from the show because she seemed to be in pain most of the tour and it showed.  She powered through it, so I give her that. She should have cut the tour short once the Holidays came around.  Just left it there because by the new year, it just really became a huge chaos mess.  The pandemic may have been her savior (as odd as that sounds) since it forced her to end the tour before completing the tour, risking her physical health even more.

I've always asked myself if Holiday didn't work on RHT or if I felt this because of the bad DVD edit :lol: I don't know what happened because I love the outfit, the remix... but somehow it wasn't so memorable as this number used to be in other tours. It wasn't a highlight on Celebration Tour as well, as you mentioned. I really like the mash-up with "I Want Your Love", though.

My criticism was all about the DVD edit of MDNA Tour and RHT. I love these shows so much, the setlists, they're so creative as usual, she looks incredible... I saw MDNA Tour live and I'll never forget that show in Porto Alegre, here in Brazil.

I agree with a lot of the things you said, including that our girl needs to know when to stop, regarding to Madame X Tour dates. I love MXT, but it really was a difficult time for her health. I was so happy and surprised about her great shape on Celebration Tour <3

Wow it's amazing you both had fun and were so emotional during La Vie En Rose @Adonna @Veronica-Electronica it's an unforgettable show :hug:

29 minutes ago, Agent Cooper said:

I've always asked myself if Holiday didn't work on RHT or if I felt this because of the bad DVD edit :lol: I don't know what happened because I love the outfit, the remix... but somehow it wasn't so memorable as this number used to be in other tours. It wasn't a highlight on Celebration Tour as well, as you mentioned. I really like the mash-up with "I Want Your Love", though.

My criticism was all about the video edit of MDNA Tour and RHT. I love these shows so much, the setlists, they're so creative as usual, she looks incredible... I saw MDNA Tour live and I'll never forget that show in Porto Alegre, here in Brazil.

I agree with a lot of the things you said, including that our girl needs to know when to stop, regarding to Madame X Tour dates. I love MXT, but it really was a difficult time for her health. I was so happy and surprised about her great shape on Celebration Tour <3

Wow it's amazing you both had fun and were so emotional during La Vie En Rose @Adonna @Veronica-Electronica it's an unforgettable show :hug:

Yeah, being there in person has more of an impact then just watching the film recordings. Though, I still felt something was lost with Holiday performance for RHT.  And I agree, it wasn't the most exciting on Celebration Tour, but that performance turned into something more impactful by telling the story of the friends she lost to AIDS.  It was powerful. And like you, I really loved the "I Want Your Love" inclusion. :luv:

Anyway, she's doing great health wise now, and looking better than ever.  I didn't mind that she put on some weight but with whatever procedures she was doing with her face, the weight wasn't flattering to her face.  These days, she looks fabulous. :luv:

On 8/18/2024 at 6:35 AM, Mmmhum said:

Excuse me for my stupid question...

but is the Re-invention Tour considered a greatest hits tour like the Celebration Tour  ? It feels like one looking at the setlist... ? Or did she tour to promote American Life ?

Thank you for your answers ! :) 

I think it was both, because she re-vamped her career because of the "American Life' album fiasco.

On 8/27/2024 at 11:22 AM, Agent Cooper said:

Holiday was very limp as a closing performance on RHT. Compare that to the explosive Celebration on MDNA. It must be said too, while RHT might seem like a decent film version, it is completely different to actually being there. Sometimes I look at fan footage and I suddenly remember what the show was actually like in person. The Madame X film more closely resembles the show seen in the flesh.

As for Holiday on Celebration, it is a good performance but not really a highlight as there are several similar performances before it. And it is early on so just sort of flashes by. It is also followed by Live to Tell, arguably one of her greatest ever live performances . 

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Holiday was very limp as a closing performance on RHT. Compare that to the explosive Celebration on MDNA. It must be said too, while RHT might seem like a decent film version, it is completely different to actually being there. Sometimes I look at fan footage and I suddenly remember what the show was actually like in person. The Madame X film more closely resembles the show seen in the flesh.

As for Holiday on Celebration, it is a good performance but not really a highlight as there are several similar performances before it. And it is early on so just sort of flashes by. It is also followed by Live to Tell, arguably one of her greatest ever live performances . 

But, during the Celebration Tour, Live To Tell wouldn't have been as poignant if Holiday didn't come before it. Those songs back to back told a very clear, heartbreaking story.

6 hours ago, DJ N A said:

But, during the Celebration Tour, Live To Tell wouldn't have been as poignant if Holiday didn't come before it. Those songs back to back told a very clear, heartbreaking story.

Totally. It’s a brilliant transition. As a standalone performance it’s not a highlight but as part of the sequence it’s essential and perfect.

I’ve said it before but for me the show was close to perfect. Only thing I did not like was the MJ thing.