Revenge, the story behind the song (ROL Outtake)

This from the ROL Timeline:

In an interview that will be published in November 1997, Italian dreamhouse DJ, Robert Miles talks about his new album, 23a.m. and how it started to take shape this month (March 1997) with a song he wrote for Madonna called, “Enjoy.” Scheduling problems prevented them from recording it together so he hired another singer to do it for his album.

I find strange she wanted to work with him and he did a song for her (for his album) and “scheduling problems” happened. So something happened behind the scene for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's not shocking and she's had her share of that in the past (producers ignoring her or being rude to her) but until we have a proper link with the interview we all should treat that X post as a rumor.

Of course, but thins discussion is more interesting than “OMG THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PUT ON STREAMING AN EDIT OF THIS SINGLE” 😂

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Goldie was going to produce To Have And Not To Hold as he liked the demo, she sent it to him and she never heard back from him again. The Prodigy were also a little bit rude to her when she asked them to work on the album, and they were under Maverick. A producer acting rude to Madonna is not that shocking. I also read back in the day he wasn’t very nice to her. 

And wasn’t it the Aphex Twins who sent her pig noises or something

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

And wasn’t it the Aphex Twins who sent her pig noises or something

He wanted HER to make the pig noises! But he's a bit of a weirdo. I think he also wanted to record his girlfriend queefing too.

I'm curious what happened with Fatboy Slim since she made the angriest face when he won at the VMAs in 99!!!

8 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

In an interview that will be published in November 1997, Italian dreamhouse DJ, Robert Miles talks about his new album, 23a.m. and how it started to take shape this month (March 1997) with a song he wrote for Madonna called, “Enjoy.” Scheduling problems prevented them from recording it together so he hired another singer to do it for his album.

I find strange she wanted to work with him and he did a song for her (for his album) and “scheduling problems” happened. So something happened behind the scene for sure. 

she probably didnt want to pay lol

This was a time when all of these acts were ridding high in the new electronic dance fever scene. The one Madonna was popping her head in. There's lots of testosterone and flexing in that world at the time. I'm sure they were scared that working with Madonna could damaged their image. Specially when Madonna is know for taking over and control. She is not a feature vocal like the most part of this, dated, Ibiza anthems from the 00s.

46 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

This was a time when all of these acts were ridding high in the new electronic dance fever scene. The one Madonna was popping her head in. There's lots of testosterone and flexing in that world at the time. I'm sure they were scared that working with Madonna could damaged their image. Specially when Madonna is know for taking over and control. She is not a feature vocal like the most part of this, dated, Ibiza anthems from the 00s.

Yeah I think for a lot of them it was about being true to themselves. Working with a mainstream pop star wasn’t cool.

I remember too when ROL came out in some magazine (maybe Q) they had a bunch of snobby electronica fans “review” it and they bagged the shit out of it. 

11 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

This interview totally proves wrong what that guy on X is reporting. Why would he write a track for her if he had said no to work with her and in a rude way. Makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

This interview totally proves wrong what that guy on X is reporting. Why would he write a track for her if he had said no to work with her and in a rude way. Makes no sense. 

Money? Record Label? manager?

Björk wrote BS because of her friendship with Nellee and she was  never impressed or interested of doing anything with Madonna in person.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah I think for a lot of them it was about being true to themselves. Working with a mainstream pop star wasn’t cool.

I remember too when ROL came out in some magazine (maybe Q) they had a bunch of snobby electronica fans “review” it and they bagged the shit out of it. 

I believe it was on Spin! 
Also the Chemical Brothers refused to work with her at the time, and then they did a remix of Kylie. 

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Me neither, it's very basic for her (at least at that time). I guess she would have changed it to make it more hers.

I also can imagine him asking her to do a song for his album in exchange of him working on her album and when she said no because the song was garbage he got upset 😂

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I also can imagine him asking her to do a song for his album in exchange of him working on her album and when she said no because the song was garbage he got upset 😂

but in that case, Madonna rudely rejected him, not the other way around, and it totally changes the narrative of this topic that the producers are horrible to Madonna

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

but in that case, Madonna rudely rejected him, not the other way around, and it totally changes the narrative of this topic that the producers are horrible to Madonna

We're all aware she has rudely rejected people all her artistic life, right? :04:

My favorite is not working with David Guetta when he told her he was a Scorpio.

S**t I just know this was meant to be originally for her:

Couldn't be any other way.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

Saying no to a project doesn’t mean being rude. The “garbage” thing was my joke. She also said no to Massive Attack for Teardrop because (and that was real) of schedule conflicts and they never spoke bad about her. 
Anyway this whole scenario was just an idea.