Favorite Causing A Commotion Mix?   

71 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Causing A Commotion Mix

• Silver Screen Single Mix
    • Silver Screen Mix
    • Dub
    • Movie House Mix

On 8/23/2024 at 11:00 AM, SweetMadonna said:

Silver Screen Single Mix. It's amazing. I just love it a lot. 

Since the 20 out of 20 Couple have both reacted to you, Rabboni, why should I?

I just take your choice as gospel set in stone!!!

We two are always CAUSING A COMMOTION here, Rabbi!!!

17 hours ago, Adonna said:

I get that, but I'm referring between the longer Silver Screen Mix versus the Silver Screen Mix?  Why the shorter version over the longer mix? :)

The Silver Screen Mix is more of a dance remix of the original song when compared to the Silver Screen single mix which - don't let the name make you think it's a edit: it's completely different 

11 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The Silver Screen Mix is more of a dance remix of the original song when compared to the Silver Screen single mix which - don't let the name make you think it's a edit: it's completely different 

I still think the Single Mix is a slice of the Silver Screen Mix.  Anyway, thanks for your reply!  :luv:

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I still think the Single Mix is a slice of the Silver Screen Mix.  Anyway, thanks for your reply!  :luv:

Actually that's the movie house edit which is called like that on the promo vinyl even though it's not a edit of the movie house mix neither has anything related to it, it's a edit of the Silver Screen Mix combining all mixes except the MOVIE HOUSE mix? Is that a joke? Lol

@Would You Like To Try do it like me. You won't miss him.

OT: if only they uploaded the Who's That Girl Tour live rendition of CAC..  If Rhino were smart they could've made this reissue be to Madonna what Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) is to Kylie. You're gonna get me when you notice the tracklist to this single in its version to more tracks.

25 minutes ago, chaseturtle said:

I haven't read this entire thread, but is it more, or is it not as loud as the previous digital releases, like "Gambler", for example?

Thank God. 'Gambler' is so compressed (louder) that it sounds atrocious and distorted. 'CAC' is taken from the master without any alterations, uncompressed and with the original EQ.

On 8/22/2024 at 9:49 PM, Nowheretohide said:

I've never been a fan of this song, but I think the mixes are far superior to the original version on the album, which is very weak.

I love "Causing A Commotion", it sure is in my Top 5 Madonna songs. But yes, the album version is rather weak.

BUT the Silver Screen Single Mix is a perfect example for the talents of Shep Pettibone. He took the Stephen Bray production to a new level. Similar to his remixes of "Into The Groove" and "Where's The Party", he adds his magic without changing the music too much.

Of course he would later do the same to "Express Yourself" (7" Remix and Local Mix), but he outdid himself with the Non-Stop Express Mix IMO.

56 minutes ago, Holger said:

I love "Causing A Commotion", it sure is in my Top 5 Madonna songs. But yes, the album version is rather weak.

BUT the Silver Screen Single Mix is a perfect example for the talents of Shep Pettibone. He took the Stephen Bray production to a new level. Similar to his remixes of "Into The Groove" and "Where's The Party", he adds his magic without changing the music too much.

Of course he would later do the same to "Express Yourself" (7" Remix and Local Mix), but he outdid himself with the Non-Stop Express Mix IMO.

Back then, I didn't realize that nearly all of my favorite singles from different artists had been remixed by Shep until much later. So I sometimes wondered if I was really a fan of Madonna or Shep Pettibone. He had a way of taking a great song and transforming it into a masterpiece, and not just with Madonna. 

Without Shep, I might not have become a Madonna fan, as it was his remix of 'Express Yourself' that drove me wild and made me a die-hard fan of hers.

On 8/24/2024 at 7:17 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

Actually that's the movie house edit which is called like that on the promo vinyl even though it's not a edit of the movie house mix neither has anything related to it, it's a edit of the Silver Screen Mix combining all mixes except the MOVIE HOUSE mix? Is that a joke? Lol

Sadly, the Movie House Edit is not purely a "mixshow" either. There are parts that cannot be reconstructed.

The second "Then we can keep on love the life..." (Movie House Edit at 3:14) has a reverb that the first one doesn't have. It's actually the "stripped" one from the Silver Screen Mix (starts at 4:11) but with the full instrumental track instead.

• 2 weeks later...