Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

6 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

She's even said she isn't the best singer, and she's not. Her performance wss a typical Madonna performance -- art and controversial. So her vocals were off. Blah blah. 

Maluma vs Madonna via Maluma concert -- I ain't got nothing there lol that hurt. But oh well. Can't be A+ all the time. 

The concept was all wrong too for the Eurovision theme, people were expecting a superbowl kind of thing from her and she came singing badly and doing strange songs and cryptical and dark things. The conclusion: she didn´t changed the world but everybody was what the fuck? And how does she sounds like that being the best selling female ever?

5 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

The concept was all wrong too for the Eurovision theme, people were expecting a superbowl kind of thing from her and she came singing badly and doing strange songs and cryptical and dark things. The conclusion: she didn´t changed the world but everybody was what the fuck? And how does she sounds like that being the best selling female ever?

Again babe, nothing new...mom's been dark for years. Erotica xo

6 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Are you talking about the grills or the no-eyebrows or the gold tooth and taking pictures in gay bathhouses? 😉

I hear what you are saying, we needed holiday and Music, and we got doomsday apocalipsis but you can’t win every time with M. I truly don’t think the performance is as bad as some people think or as hurtful to her carrier. 

On 7/14/2023 at 10:56 AM, BuggedOut said:

The Maluma thing wasn’t a Madonna award show performance or tour where she spends weeks to months rehearsing.

I’m not sure why fans keep bringing it up to say she isn’t a great performer anymore.

It was at a Maluma concert that no one saw, including myself lol

Noone saw? It was in a stadium and was live streamed .

And yes it was a wreck. The worst moment in her career. She was clearly not ready for that kind of performance.

23 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

The performance itself was fine. It was the vocals on Like a Prayer that were terrible. I don’t know what happened because she’s done that song well before and since.

23 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

11 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The performance itself was fine. It was the vocals on Like a Prayer that were terrible. I don’t know what happened because she’s done that song well before and since.

I believe it came down a technical issue.  The broadcast mic was set for the vocal effects for the next song, but it was applied while she was singing LAP.  This is how they were to correct it later in post, by removing those vocal effects. What she uploaded to her youtube is how she really sounded without the vocal effects. 

41 minutes ago, tscott said:

I believe it came down a technical issue.  The broadcast mic was set for the vocal effects for the next song, but it was applied while she was singing LAP.  This is how they were to correct it later in post, by removing those vocal effects. What she uploaded to her youtube is how she really sounded without the vocal effects. 

Let's not rewrite facts here. She really sang out of key for the whole song and what we heard on the broadcast was her singing with no auto-tuning. What she later uploaded to her YT channel was that performance auto-tuned to death. 
What I think might have happened is, we were supposed to hear her voice WITH auto-tune on the broadcast, but for some reason it was turned off; might have been sabotage, or just a mistake by the sound people. What boggles me is, she already sounded totally off-key on the rehearsal, how come nobody from her team intervened and said, excuse me, this performance is not ready for broadcast, let's get the auto-tune to work, or she's better off lip-synching the whole thing. I was watching it live on TV and felt really sorry for her when she started singing, it was her worst vocal performance ever. 

Also, the whole performance stood out from the tone of Eurovision, which is always high energy, camp and fun. She should have researched the history of the ESC and come up with a better concept for her performance. Or maybe she shouldn't have done that show at all, it is a singing and performing competition, where each contestant is trying to be louder, brighter, camper than the last one. Then out comes Madonna with a dark themed, low energy performance, very unimaginative rendition of a classic song (that arrangement was just bad), and butchers the vocals. In my opinion, it was a mistake to even be there in the first place.

And I think that moment did hurt her reputation as a performer in Europe, where the show is watched by millions of people of all ages. If you were not familiar with Madonna's work in the last 20 year and just watched that performance, you were left with the impression she is just a has-been who cannot sing or dance or put on an interesting show anymore. It was embarrassing for anyone watching. I remember hearing lots of comments the next day about the train wreck that was Madonna on Eurovision. Even one of the presenters made fun of her during the live broadcast, minutes after M left the stage. She said something like: "Thank God for Madonna's auto-tune".

36 minutes ago, fmportela said:

Let's not rewrite facts here. She really sang out of key for the whole song and what we heard on the broadcast was her singing with no auto-tuning. What she later uploaded to her YT channel was that performance auto-tuned to death. 
What I think might have happened is, we were supposed to hear her voice WITH auto-tune on the broadcast, but for some reason it was turned off; might have been sabotage, or just a mistake by the sound people. What boggles me is, she already sounded totally off-key on the rehearsal, how come nobody from her team intervened and said, excuse me, this performance is not ready for broadcast, let's get the auto-tune to work, or she's better off lip-synching the whole thing. I was watching it live on TV and felt really sorry for her when she started singing, it was her worst vocal performance ever. 

Also, the whole performance stood out from the tone of Eurovision, which is always high energy, camp and fun. She should have researched the history of the ESC and come up with a better concept for her performance. Or maybe she shouldn't have done that show at all, it is a singing and performing competition, where each contestant is trying to be louder, brighter, camper than the last one. Then out comes Madonna with a dark themed, low energy performance, very unimaginative rendition of a classic song (that arrangement was just bad), and butchers the vocals. In my opinion, it was a mistake to even be there in the first place.

And I think that moment did hurt her reputation as a performer in Europe, where the show is watched by millions of people of all ages. If you were not familiar with Madonna's work in the last 20 year and just watched that performance, you were left with the impression she is just a has-been who cannot sing or dance or put on an interesting show anymore. It was embarrassing for anyone watching. I remember hearing lots of comments the next day about the train wreck that was Madonna on Eurovision. Even one of the presenters made fun of her during the live broadcast, minutes after M left the stage. She said something like: "Thank God for Madonna's auto-tune".

Not re-writing "facts" just offering my opinion.  You're entitled to yours.  Much of what you wrote has nothing to do with what I posted.   Nice read though! Thanks for sharing  Don't agree though. :)

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Not re-writing "facts" just offering my opinion.  You're entitled to yours.  Interesting read. Thanks!  Don't agree though. :)

I think you are right. The auto tune tuned her to the wrong notes. There is a video on YouTube explaining such things happening not only to her but also to other artists like Justin Bieber. Of course it’s stated as opinion and not as fact. But it is a very plausible explanation. The YouTuber goes on to say that she was not at her peak vocally but she was clearly battling with the auto tune. https://youtu.be/_BCr6HOi7no

edit: https://youtu.be/dz5Y3RM8NlA First 14 seconds - Sounds pretty much like (LAP). Auto tune snapping at the wrong notes. 

32 minutes ago, Mden said:

I think you are right. The auto tune tuned her to the wrong notes. There is a video on YouTube explaining such things happening not only to her but also to other artists like Justin Bieber. Of course it’s stated as opinion and not as fact. But it is a very plausible explanation. The YouTuber goes on to say that she was not at her peak vocally but she was clearly battling with the auto tune. https://youtu.be/_BCr6HOi7no

Yeah, I'm no expert.  But it makes total sense her mic was auto-tuned and that is why she didn't sound good on LAP.  In fact, when you listen you can tell that some effect was bending her notes.  Removing that effect in post, allows you to hear how she really sounded. 

But of course that is my opinion, and I enjoyed the whole show.  Some still go on about it, but for the most part, the only time I hear people talk about it badly are people in the fan forums.  No one else cares.  :kiss2:

1 hour ago, fmportela said:

I agree so much with this post. Sadly for me the Madame x era till last years was full of things like that. Till Rebel heart everything was been done amazingly beautiful, succesful or not. 

But, on a shiner note, I think she is been trying to recover that magic for that forthcoming tour, the perfeccionist is returning with her face of always. I feel it.

5 hours ago, tscott said:

Yeah, I'm no expert.  But it makes total sense her mic was auto-tuned and that is why she didn't sound good on LAP.  In fact, when you listen you can tell that some effect was bending her notes.  Removing that effect in post, allows you to hear how she really sounded. 

But of course that is my opinion, and I enjoyed the whole show.  Some still go on about it, but for the most part, the only time I hear people talk about it badly are people in the fan forums.  No one else cares.  :kiss2:

Are you suggesting that the version of the performance Madonna uploaded to her YT channel the next day was just her pure vocals with no auto-tune? I mean, come on... she sounds like a robot in that version, albeit hitting the right notes.

I agree with what Tristan is saying on his react video, it was a combination of bad vocals with wrong auto-tune bending her notes and making it worse.

4 hours ago, fmportela said:

Are you suggesting that the version of the performance Madonna uploaded to her YT channel the next day was just her pure vocals with no auto-tune? I mean, come on... she sounds like a robot in that version, albeit hitting the right notes.

I agree with what Tristan is saying on his react video, it was a combination of bad vocals with wrong auto-tune bending her notes and making it worse.

Just offering my opinion. Thanks for yours.  We'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

Screenshot_20230715_154249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ed4b242680cef69ecc0cb49c53ea8fc8.jpghttps://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/janet-jackson-reaches-out-madonna-30472731

A source told The Sun: “Janet heard Madonna was unwell so reached out. They haven’t always seen eye to eye but they respect each other as they are two of the last megastars from their generation of music.”

1 hour ago, PlasticLimbo said:

Screenshot_20230715_154249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ed4b242680cef69ecc0cb49c53ea8fc8.jpghttps://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/janet-jackson-reaches-out-madonna-30472731

A source told The Sun: “Janet heard Madonna was unwell so reached out. They haven’t always seen eye to eye but they respect each other as they are two of the last megastars from their generation of music.”

Love this! 

15 hours ago, tscott said:

I hope you know that the funny reactions are because its nonesense and fanboy talking

3 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

Icons. 😏❤️