Jay Z's new streaming service and Queen of Pop Madonna?

Queen

I think the better way to make music it's the fan funding, helping the artists like that, the creative process will not be affected by record labels. I think the main focus should be to release the music. There's iTunes already, why people would pay to use these streams service.

Sorry, I think that sounds like a horrible idea too. Will fans need to invest in every CD the artist wants to make? What about artists whose fans are underage and don't have money/jobs? How does an unknown artist get people to pay for their CD if they don't have any professional music out beforehand? This lady (and, Jesus, what an annoying video btw :lol: ) didn't even reach her goal.

People would pay for Tidal only because it's easy and lossless, unlike iTunes, and there's an audience for that--I just don't know how big it is. I want to find out more about it, but either way, we don't know enough to dismiss it because rich artists are promoting it.

On one hand that could be great to artists to take back power as they said on the video. But, on the other hand, removing clips from youtube means that to see them we'll have to create an account on Tidal and pay for it... I agree to pay for music, live shows etc. but clips are a way to promote their art...

On one hand that could be great to artists to take back power as they said on the video. But, on the other hand, removing clips from youtube means that to see them we'll have to create an account on Tidal and pay for it... I agree to pay for music, live shows etc. but clips are a way to promote their art...

I hope so. If it is, they're about to see how little the average consumer cares about them. The vast majority are not going to switch over. :kitty: