Your Favorite Tour Closer

groovyguy

Your Favorite Tour Closer   

116 members voted

1. 1. What is your favorite tour closer?

• Material Girl [The Virgin Tour -1985]
    • Holiday [Who's That Girl Tour 1987]
    • Keep It Together [Blond Ambition Tour 1990]
    • Everybody [The Girlie Show 1993]
    • Music [Drowned World Tour 2001]
    • Holiday [The Re-Invention Tour 2004]
    • Hung Up [Confessions Tour 2006]
    • Give It 2 Me [Sticky & Sweet Tour 2008 / 2009]
    • Celebration [MDNA Tour 2012

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celebration as a closer was horrible until she added Give it 2 Me imo

This, I love the Benny Benassi remix but it didn't seem to work live, for some reason it sounded too cold, too electronic compared to the previous tour closers. When she started to mash it up with Give it 2 Me it did bring brack that magic experienced in 2008. I was like HELL YEAH jumping non-stop til the whole show finished. I also think they did a good job in the DVD cause it makes me feel the same energy and joy.

For me it was KIT. That song just brings the whole show together, it is simple and understated but packs a great punch because she wasn't trying to bowl the audience over but instead leave with a message. Not as dazzling as Hung Up which I also love and would be a close second.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Everytime it's easier to say which is the worst... IMO Holiday RIT, no poetry and no invention at all...I voted Keep it together but I adore Everybody, both the musicality (a live band presentation with Sly and the family stone) and the atmosphere, and the final surprise...

Mine is gonna be a strange choice I suppose, but I feel Holiday from the Who's That Girl Tour giving such a positive energy, I adore it! Keep it together or Everybody second choice, while Give it 2 Me is absolutely the worst of them all, with Celebration from MDNA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived