Madonna's Best Interview Ever!

Guest Ashley

I love the one she did in 2015 with the interviewer who asked her about the music. She was wearing funny shoes at the time but it felt refreshing seeing her go into depth about the production, issues rather than those usual trite questions about motherhood, her kids, etc. They took it down sadly.

21 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I love the one she did in 2015 with the interviewer who asked her about the music. She was wearing funny shoes at the time but it felt refreshing seeing her go into depth about the production, issues rather than those usual trite questions about motherhood, her kids, etc. They took it down sadly.

I recall this one.  I loved it.  Maybe it's just me, but I think Madonna was flirting a bit with this guy.  I think the guy has a Sean Penn vibe to him, so I'm betting that was another reason the two connected well in this interview.

I'm curious whatever came of the track Kanye West and Madonna worked on for his album? 

42 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I recall this one.  I loved it.  Maybe it's just me, but I think Madonna was flirting a bit with this guy.  I think the guy has a Sean Penn vibe to him, so I'm betting that was another reason the two connected well in this interview.

I'm curious whatever came of the track Kanye West and Madonna worked on for his album? 

It was scheduled to be on his record but then removed at the last minute. There was a video of it playing that was posted either by Kanye or someone close to him. You can hear it briefly and her voice is vocoded. The song is called Highlights.

Here's a portion of the song ripped from the video.

46 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yeah, you can tell she was at ease with him versus other interviewers where she on guard and intimidating. Love that he probed into the influences, production, the collaborators and she revealed so much. It was an interview I always revisited until they took it down for some odd reason.

15 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

It was scheduled to be on his record but then removed at the last minute. There was a video of it playing that was posted either by Kanye or someone close to him. You can hear it briefly and her voice is vocoded. The song is called Highlights.

Here's a portion of the song ripped from the video.

Wow! Thanks.  How did I miss this? 

Though, I have to agree with my favorite Madonna album reviewer of the moment "Ajay".  She is so spot on about "whoever told Madonna to use vocoder"?   Compared to her catalog, I guess it's still minimal, but I hope her next album will have more natural vocals.  I'm still gutted how she took a beautiful song like "Ghosttown" and use some vocoder.