Her Cover Version of Hallelujah

dylanlioncourt

This isn't about Eurovision or whether the Met Gala was better, vice vera. But her cover of the song is very underrated and I wish the studio version of it would leak or make its way to us. She often recieves a lot of flack for her "limited singing" but come on! Good singing isn't about how loud you can sing, how long you can hold a note but also conveying the emotions and words of the song's author or character truthfully to achieve its maximum affect. Madonna may be no powerhouse but she is a damn good singer especially on ballads. Her way of selling emotion, the fragility, tenderness and warmthm of her voice is why despite the criticism she's always been applauded for songs like "Live To Tell, Oh Father, Frozen" because she excels at it. Aside from the point, this performance was the first time we got our first glimpse of "Dark Ballet" which began the long wait for news on whether it was the first single of the upcoming record, the #magic title for the longest and wondering if it would sometime in 2018. Unfortunately, it'd be close to a year's wait before we'd even get to sample Madonna's latest offering. This performance may not be a memorable one to the public consensus but damn, she looked gorgeous with that hairstyle, the outfit (a mixture of BAT and Joan of Arc) and the staging/the arrangements and how powerful it is. I remember the day it was uploaded I was going through a difficult time and her voice in "Hallelujah" along with Olivia Newton-John's "Xanadu" gave me hope things would get better and they have thankfully. When it showed up on my YouTube suggestions, I just wanted to give it a time to shine again on this forum. Feel free to sound off your thoughts and thank you for reading this.

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Thelioncourtheart have you ever heard 'Magic' by Olivia Newton-John? If not, have a listen. It's a great song. 

Yes. :hearteyes: It's one of my favorites from her. One of my friends who runs a video shop where I live encouraged me to listen to Olivia since he worked with her and said she is a lovely person. He gifted me a couple of her movies and it helped me through a bad time. Love, love "Magic!" I got one of her vinyls as well!

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I love Madonna's cover so much more! 

The U.S. Version is the best one of True Blue. The writing on the Euro/Rest of the World version wrecks it IMO. 

images.jpeg

8 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

The writing works better on the cassette release, but kinda cluttered the vinyl and CD covers

true-blue-uk-cassette-album-2193-p.jpg

I so agree. 

There again, it's hard not to disagree with a handsome devil. 

true blue wink GIF

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I so agree. 

There again, it's hard not to disagree with a handsome devil. 

true blue wink GIF

Oh you flatterer you hehehe.

The funny thing is that the US cassette features the full image too but without the text, and it doesn't quite work as a cover.