Favorite 2010's Album by Madonna

dylanlioncourt

Favorite Album of the Last Three? (2010's)  

29 members voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Madonna album of the last three she did this past decade?

• MDNA (2012)
    • Rebel Heart (2015)
    • Madame X (2019)

51Ju7MlAB1L.jpg

I find myself more drawn back to REBEL HEART than the other two.  All have some incredible songs, but with Rebel Heart I am able to listen completely through over and over, even all the bonus tracks. 

MDNA is actually a pretty decent album, but for some reason I'm not in love with it like REBEL HEART. 

I love all three but I have to give it to Rebel Heart. From the leaks, the various demos and versions to the final product, it was a ride of seeing how her songwriting process and evolution of the tracks happened. While Madame X is an amazing record, I find RH to be more accessible to me. I enjoy it a lot more with tracks like Messiah, Wash All Over Me, Ghosttown, Living For Love, Joan of Arc etc. With MDNA, I loved it when it was released however as the years have passed, you can't help but feel it's a half-baked record with potential had things not been rushed with other commitments. She did deliver with songs like Gang Bang, I'm Addicted but somehow it didn't reach the level she's normally set for herself which is normal for any artist. It's a fun, dance, divorce record with catchy tunes.

Guest Ashley
6 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Rebel Heart! I'm in heaven with every song!! I especially can't get enough of Ghosttown, Devil Pray and Joan of Arch! 

Joan of Arc is really beautiful hey. It's like it belongs on Like A Prayer in a way. 

Guest Ashley
5 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

While Madame X is an amazing record, I find RH to be more accessible to me. 

I actually think Madame X is an album where if you listen to a diverse range of music, including world music and alternative and experimental then you're naturally comfortable with it. Otherwise it's a feast to the senses, in a good way, yet can be over whelming to absorb at once. 

Rebel Heart is clearly the most accessible M record of the decade overall. 

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I actually think Madame X is an album where if you listen to a diverse range of music, including world music and alternative and experimental then you're naturally comfortable with it. Otherwise it's a feast to the senses, in a good way, yet can be over whelming to absorb at once. 

Rebel Heart is clearly the most accessible M record of the decade overall. 

Exactly how I feel!!!!

I really like Madame X and some of the songs are brilliant but if I had to choose between the two then Rebel Heart would be the winner.

My beloved Messiah, Ghosttown, Wash All Over Me, Devil Pray, Rebel Heart, Joan Of Arc, Heartbreak City....

I'm still amazed that it wasn't a big hit but sales don't say anything about quality these days.

Old Town Road...biggest hit 2019? I really don't know if I should laugh or cry about it....

Despite all the flaws and glitches and bad arrangement, REBEL HEART.

It features some of the best songwriting: Living for love, Devil pray, Unapologetic bitch, Ghosttown, Heartbreak city, Rebel heart and many more.

It seriously deserves a "director's cut" including demos, songs left out of the tracklist. It needs a better production at least for Joan of Arc, Hold tight and Beautiful scars.

Guest Ashley
15 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Despite all the flaws and glitches and bad arrangement, REBEL HEART.

It features some of the best songwriting: Living for love, Devil pray, Unapologetic bitch, Ghosttown, Heartbreak city, Rebel heart and many more.

It seriously deserves a "director's cut" including demos, songs left out of the tracklist. It needs a better production at least for Joan of Arc, Hold tight and Beautiful scars.

I agree with the better production for Joan of Arc and Beautiful Scars. Also with Best Night.