Edit History

luckypierre78

luckypierre78

15 hours ago, McDonna said:

My bet (which is seeming to come more and more true) is that artists are going to add more exclusive content on the physical items, and then as you said, provide edited versions of albums and songs on streaming platforms.  It makes sense because they could make more money from the physical formats. 

I've never cared that artists provide their complete catalog on Streaming platforms.  It seems like a very daunting task, especially expecting every little edit and remix to be available.  Madonna is one of the few artists that is growing closer and closer in including her complete catalog and most originally released commercial releases on streaming platforms.  It's definitely a nice thing for a hardcore fan to have everything stream-able, but there will always be songs and remixes that won't be available or less promoted to streaming platforms because they know it only appeals to the fans and not the general public. I'm doubting the Power of Goodbye remixes on streaming platforms would appeal to anyone but hardcore fans or those who are actual fans of those remixes. Even I, a hardcore fan, really have no interest in listening to them again.  If I do, I'll just pull out the physical copies I have. And it's not like you can't find any of those mixes on Youtube or other platforms either, if I'm that desperate in listening to them.

Totally this.  Olivia Rodrigo's GUTS has four different coloured vinyl each with a different bonus track exclusive to that version.  None are on streaming.  I have a feeling this will be the norm as it generates much more revenue for the artist and record company and incentivizes (extorts) fans into buying multiple copies of the same album.  Ugh.

Imagine if M did that with the re-releases and put one unreleased demo on each.  People here would riot.

luckypierre78

luckypierre78

14 hours ago, McDonna said:

My bet (which is seeming to come more and more true) is that artists are going to add more exclusive content on the physical items, and then as you said, provide edited versions of albums and songs on streaming platforms.  It makes sense because they could make more money from the physical formats. 

I've never cared that artists provide their complete catalog on Streaming platforms.  It seems like a very daunting task, especially expecting every little edit and remix to be available.  Madonna is one of the few artists that is growing closer and closer in including her complete catalog and most originally released commercial releases on streaming platforms.  It's definitely a nice thing for a hardcore fan to have everything stream-able, but there will always be songs and remixes that won't be available or less promoted to streaming platforms because they know it only appeals to the fans and not the general public. I'm doubting the Power of Goodbye remixes on streaming platforms would appeal to anyone but hardcore fans or those who are actual fans of those remixes. Even I, a hardcore fan, really have no interest in listening to them again.  If I do, I'll just pull out the physical copies I have. And it's not like you can't find any of those mixes on Youtube or other platforms either, if I'm that desperate in listening to them.

Totally this.  Olivia Rodrigo's GUTS has four different coloured vinyl each with a different bonus track exclusive to that version.  None are on streaming.  I have a feeling this will be the norm as it generates much more revenue for the artist and record company and incentivizes (extorts) fans into buying multiple copies of the same album.  Ugh.

luckypierre78

luckypierre78

14 hours ago, McDonna said:

Totally this.  Olivia Rodrigo's GUTS has four different coloured vinyl each with a different bonus track exclusive to that version.  None are on streaming.  I have a feeling this will be the norm as it generates much more revenue for the artist and record company and incentives (extorts) fans into buying multiple copies of the same album.  Ugh.

Important Information

Terms of Use